Rank the value resorts from best to worst

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by newfiegirl, Mar 9, 2013.

1. newfiegirl

newfiegirl Hello Mickey!

and tell why (food, decor, newness, cleanliness, things to do etc)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I like them all just fine, and the amenities/cleanliness are really all the same. So, it comes down to theme. For that, it goes
    1) POP (we did like the food court here the best)
    2) All Star Movies
    3) All Star Sports
    4) All Star Music

Those are the ones I have stayed at. Haven't done AoA yet, so unsure where that will lie, but I do love it's theme! :thumbsup2

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yup I agree. This is my list too.

1) pop ---food court is pretty awesome.
    2) movies
    3) sports
    4) music

5. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

This is my order exactly, LOL! I've stayed at them all and liked them all. Now that they've all been refurbed, I don't really find any major difference other than theme.

6. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

1) AoA - wonderfully themed, food court, pool area.
    2) Pop - same as AoA

I don't like the All stars.

7. NJtoATL

NJtoATL Mouseketeer

POP - is the only value I will consider staying at. I never go back to the All-Stars.. I did not always feel this way.

8. cab0ad

cab0ad DIS Veteran

1. POP
    2. Movies
    3. Music
    4. Sports (never actually been there though...theming does not appeal to us)

9. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I find it interesting that All Star Music is at the bottom of everyone's lists. I'll admit that it's the only value I've stayed at, but I liked it just fine. (And I had stayed at POR (back when it was called Dixie Landings) and CBR before staying at Music, so it's not like I had nothing to compare it to.

10. DisneyDiana

DisneyDiana DIS Veteran

Well, I'll be the dissenter.

1. Sports- love the main pool, the surf theme with the huge shark fins is awesome (first bus top when they share)

2. Music- seemed a little quieter than the others

3. Movies- like it too

4. Pop- too crazy when we were there (to be fair it was 4th of July)

11. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

mind is a little different

1) Pop
    2) AOA
    3) Music
    4) Sports
    5) Movies

did not like Movies - for some reason we had more problems here than any value stay before or after. everything went wrong. So have never gone back and probably won't.

everyone is different -

Pop - love it - the CM's are some of the best on property - it is well organized and a fun place

AOA - better pools

Music - love the atmosphere - we were close to the lobby w/o paying the preferred rate - think it was Jazz - a pool close by

Sports - baseball - had a pool, easy access to the food court and think parking behind us. So again nothing was far.

12. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

AoA
    All Star Music
    All Star Sports

Never stayed at Movies or Pop. I prefer Music over Sports for the theming, and AoA is definitely my favorite.

13. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

Movies the best. Havent been to music since rehab. Sports doesn't appeal to us. Didn't like POP at all. Was very clean but WAY to chaotic. My teens said they would never want to go back to POP.

14. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

this is my ranking

1) Pop Century. My favorite for decor, layout and location.
    2) Art of Animation. I've only spent one night there. But it's new and pretty and has as good a location as Pop plus some interesting choices in the food court. Chocolate mango chile gelato!! But if I am at Pop I can walk right over here and get it. No fighting to get into a Little Mermaid room with no discounts.
    3) Allstar Music. My favorite Allstar. It's just laid out better and seems quieter than the others.
    4) Allstar Movies. Although it's been years since I stayed there, because it books up so fast due to the theming, which seems to be preferred over any of the other Allstars. I never book preferred rooms and by the time I get around to booking a regular resort (I'm usually DVC) it's got only preferred rooms left.
    5) Allstar Sports. Too many youth groups staying there. Youth groups are booked here first. Once they put my room in the middle of one of the groups and the chaperone came by at 7 am and banged on my door demanding that I get up for breakfast.

15. AndiSlamberg

AndiSlamberg Mouseketeer

1.POP
    2.AOA
    3.All Stars

POP because it's awesome for any age, the bus system is pretty awesome, I love the food court tons of options. It's always been clean and kept neat while I've been there, but the rooms are pretty small but we don't spend much time in the rooms anyway.

16. msmama

msmama DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at Sports but otherwise I would say they are all pretty similar. I stay where I get the best deal (even if its $5 savings).

Pop is biggest it seems. I feel like I've always had to do the most walking there. I like the the theming at movies and pop best (why I don't do sports).

If I had to rank, I guess I'd say, pop, movies, music and then sports.

17. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Same here. It's the only value we've ever stayed at and that was 4 years ago, but we really enjoyed it. We did visit the other resorts as well and based on my impression from visits I would rate as follows:

POP
    Music
    Movies
    Sports

I wish I could comment on AoA but the only reason I haven't rated it is that I haven't even visited it

18. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

1. All Star Music, seems calmer and good food court
    2. Pop, love the theming and staff, but large resort and some rooms are a hike to get a mug refill
    3. All Star Sports, just being refurbed and great layout
    4. AoA, would rank higher if standard rooms were closer to the main hall
    5. All Star Movies, bad experience with large cheer groups here and didn't care for the food

19. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

Movies- has the most Disney theming
    Sports- we like the Disney sports theming
    Pop- liked the transportation and food court better than the AllStars, do not like the theming
    Music- there's really not much difference in the 3 All Stars other than theming, and I like this one the least.

20. tmanaster

tmanaster Mouseketeer

I've stayed at all except AoA and I rank them like this mostly based on theme since amenities are similar among values-

Sports
    Pop
    Movies
    Music