Random yet useful items to have for your trip.

tea light
:thumbsup2
I also do "clothing in a bag", that way I'm not digging through luggage or drawers to find our matching shirts I ordered from etsy. (Each park has it's own shirt- lol)
And my BFF turned me on to baby wipes many years ago. That has been my makeup remover for years now. So gentle and my face is never raw from soap!
And @BlueFairy I love that you have melatonin AND corkscrew in the same sentence! Hehe!!!
I always bring moleskin and scissors...
Soooo, poopouri really works @AngiTN ??? Saw it advertised in a local craft store... Hmmm, I'm bringing that the next time for DGS! (6'4" and poor diet at WDW = well, you get it!)
@trainingupmy4princes we stay at CBR and hang the shoe organizer over the bar next to the sinks. We don't have that many clothes to hang and it makes it handy for the sinks. I hang it right under the iron. (Which I have only used once in many trips!)
I've already got my list started for my next trip... Only 323 days to go :cheer2:

Last edited:
I would say for us it's the collapsible hamper. Its nice to have a place to put your dirty clothes without having to get a suitcase out.

We bring refillable water bottles. The ones that filter so we don't have to drink that Florida water! It came in super handy and plus saved us money not buying water bottles.

A portable fan....can't sleep without a bit of white noise.
sample size hand cream....the park soap really is rough on the hands.

Clorox wipes

Woolite for rinsing bathing suits, they have individual use packs

The plastic hangars with the clips that they use at department stores. I always ask if I can have them from Target or Kohls and we use them for hanging up wet bathing suits

Extension cord

Magnifying makeup mirror that suctions to vanity mirror

For dirty clothes I've found its easiest to unpack everything and after we wear something it gets put into the suitcase so when the trip is over we are almost packed to go home.

We bring one or two reusable shopping bags for our in park purchases. All those little plastic WDW bags are an environmental nightmare. If it will fit in my park bag easily I tell them I don't need a bag, just my receipt.

My mom saver swiss army knife type thing that has a corkscrew, scissors, screwdriver, pen knife, nail file and bottle opener. The only time I don't have it with me is when we do carryon only.

I didn't see this listed (or missed it), but I always take a camp towel (absorbent and fast drying).

It's great for drying things off after rain (park benches, tables, strollers, and PoTC boats). It has a hook on it to attach to my backpack to dry. It's also great for putting down on hot concrete while waiting for the parades!

Glide
Just a Drop (much better than sprays or candles)
Liquid hand soap
ear plugs

Clorox wipes

Woolite for rinsing bathing suits, they have individual use packs

The plastic hangars with the clips that they use at department stores. I always ask if I can have them from Target or Kohls and we use them for hanging up wet bathing suits

Extension cord

Magnifying makeup mirror that suctions to vanity mirror

For dirty clothes I've found its easiest to unpack everything and after we wear something it gets put into the suitcase so when the trip is over we are almost packed to go home.

We bring one or two reusable shopping bags for our in park purchases. All those little plastic WDW bags are an environmental nightmare. If it will fit in my park bag easily I tell them I don't need a bag, just my receipt.

My mom saver swiss army knife type thing that has a corkscrew, scissors, screwdriver, pen knife, nail file and bottle opener. The only time I don't have it with me is when we do carryon only.
Most hotels (not only Disney) have a retractable clothesline in the shower.

I brought scissors to the cruise ship. (No reason, they happened to be in the car and I thought they might be useful for crafts). They kept them at the gate, had to pick them up after the cruise.... and then handed me a huge steak knife at dinner!
Oh that's hilarious.
Yea, the stupid thing was that we put the car in the lot and I was checking the car to see if we'd missed a bag or book or passport or something (It was a LONG road trip to the ship, and you know how things explode whey you're doing that). The scissors were in the glove box, so I though "gee, these might be handy" and picked them up and then followed my wife & kids to the check-in. So I totally didn't plan on bringing them, didn't really have an immediate use for them, hadn't had them in our gear 5 seconds ago, and then they turned into a headache - which was irrelevant as I can borrow scissors onboard. Argh.

I also pack the kids clothes ahead of time in ziploc bags. Oh my, it makes things so much easier. I just pack everything including undies, socks and hair stuff into each bag, write the date I plan to use it ( and yes our clothes are coordinated to each park ), sit on the bags to lets out as much air as possible and put them in the suitcase.

It made the mornings so much easier. No more " Honey, where are their socks ?" or " Honey, where are her hair barrettes ?" Everything outside of shoes was in the bag nicely labeled such as " Daughter- Tuesday- Hollywood studios."

When we were in a tiny tiny river cruise ship room, this was recommended by a friend and we now bring it whenever we are booked in a studio in Disney. Easier than candles and matches! It's called poo-pourri =)

THIS. easier AND better because it actually works. i never travel without it. that and a sharpie, post it notes, zip lock bags, and a nail file. nothing irks me more than having a nail with a rough edge. next time, i bring face lotion. the ONE time i didn't bring any it was cold and windy and i got terribly chapped.

I always overpack so I'm trying to simplify this trip.

Nail clippers can substitute for scissors.
Ziploc baggies (big ones!) can be used for wet items, AND putting your cell in when you're on a water ride, AND for saving snacks if you get the DDP.
Precut moleskin in various sizes.
Travel size Lysol spray
I just bought fold-up hanging organizer that I prepack all of my toiletries, hang when I get to the room, and keep it all there (no need to repack)
Ponchos
Hand sanitizer strapped to park bag
I also have a clip on my park bag where I can attach the resort mug - even though you can't refill at the parks, you can refill with ice water (and empty, they are SO light that you barely acknowledge it) Also good if you have to leave your meal at a restaurant and don't have time to finish your drink you just paid for LOL (Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm sure it might eventually!)

Hanging closet organizer, these little cubbies help to keep stuff from making the room too messy, and make use of a relatively empty closet. Clips for the ends of the tv holds all our fanny packs. A plug in nightlight, with a new "Disney" scent. Helps to remember the trip when I plug it in back home.

Don't forget the travel size Lysol-I use it on the dresser drawer handles, room door knobs, bathroom surfaces & pillows & sheets. Also on anything that gets grungy during the week.

I also love travel sized Febreeze-great for anything you might have to re-wear.

I pack our clothes in Ziploc bags on our trips (great for getting more stuff in the suitcase & in case the TSA needs to take anything out at the airport.) I then use the same bags as drawer liners before I put our clothes away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter