Random thoughts on our recent trip (4/18/15 - 4/25/15)

KEVD

DIS Veteran
  • First time using FP+. Love it.
  • We usually go in the summertime. This was our first trip in mid April (after the Spring break rush). We will not do a summer visit again. Too hot, too crowded.
  • 7DMT at rope drop is not worth the vicious mayhem. It's better to ride it with FP. Going directly to Frontierland and walking onto Splash, BTMRR (2x each) is a much better option IMO.
  • We did not get an FP for the Wishes viewing area. But we were able to get what seemed to be just as good a viewing area by showing up around 9:40p.
  • My suggestion for FPs to reserve in advance at MK are: 7DMT, PPF, Space. (Then again we have boys so we don't need to do the Princess thing)
  • We stay off property because it's so cost effective and you get so much more more bang for your buck (a beautiful 2BR / 2BA condo for $100/nt). However, we would like to try a Disney Resort for our next trip. Would love to be able to use Disney transpo to/from our resort.
  • Trail's End = fantastic buffet!
  • 50s Prime Time = Best meatloaf ever
  • Chef Mickey's = never gets old
  • 'Ohana = just awesome. Great wings and dumplings!
  • Raglan Road = Food is good. Fun atmosphere. Step dancing was really cool to watch.
  • Via Napoli = way too expensive
  • Pecos Bill's= too expensive, too crowded and the grilled cheese was terrible
  • At Animal Kingdom, take advantage of FP+ by reserving Everest, Safari and Kali. This allows for a slow paced day to enjoy the sights and animals that AK has to offer.
  • Loved the new design your vehicle thing at Test Track
  • The Grand Fiesta Boat Tour is such cool ride!
  • Love the Tomorrowland People Mover
  • MK late night (after Wishes) is a great time to enjoy the park. Don't even bother trying to exit MK right after Wishes. Get a snack, hop on some rides and wait until the mass exodus is over.
  • "The Land" is one of the most relaxing rides at Disney
  • Tom Sawyer Island should not be overlooked
  • Already starting planning for our trip next year!

How did you get on rides after Wishes if you were staying off-site? If it was an EMH night, only on-site guests are able to ride rides after "closing".

How did you get on rides after Wishes if you were staying off-site? If it was an EMH night, only on-site guests are able to ride rides after "closing".

MK was open until 12a to all guests the nights we were there. One night they stayed open until 1a. Non EMH nights.:confused3

MK was open until 12a to all guests the nights we were there. One night they stayed open until 1a. Non EMH nights.:confused3

Fair enough... I guess since it's spring now they're extending park hours. I'm used to the shorter operating schedule that when Wishes is over, the park is closed, unless it's an EMH night. So yeah, I can see that now.

We were there from April 12-16th, and I don't know if I didn't look online well, enough, but I was surprised that we had quite a few days MK stayed open till midnight (I could have sworn I thought it was going to close at 11p). It was great on those nights, because my son was able to ride a lot of things back-to-back. I loved 50s Prime Time too- I got a sampler plate that had the meatloaf...I really liked the pot roast, but it was all good! We stayed onsite, mainly because we thought it would be better with transportation and using the buses (even though we drove). We have a 19 month old and a 3.5 year old, and we wanted to be able to send the 19 month old back to the room with grandma. Our son really enjoyed Tom Sawyer island as well.

We were there from April 12-16th, and I don't know if I didn't look online well, enough, but I was surprised that we had quite a few days MK stayed open till midnight (I could have sworn I thought it was going to close at 11p). It was great on those nights, because my son was able to ride a lot of things back-to-back. I loved 50s Prime Time too- I got a sampler plate that had the meatloaf...I really liked the pot roast, but it was all good! We stayed onsite, mainly because we thought it would be better with transportation and using the buses (even though we drove). We have a 19 month old and a 3.5 year old, and we wanted to be able to send the 19 month old back to the room with grandma. Our son really enjoyed Tom Sawyer island as well.

During the week we were there (4/18 - 4/25), there were two separate nights where MK stayed open an hour later than the closing time on the calendar. They posted signs about it at the parking tolls and made some announcements about it throughout the day. It was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
I thought I was crazy, because I had looked at all the closing & opening hours, along with the extra magic hours. My husband is the one who noticed it at our hotel in the lobby displayed on the screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter