Random question about the podcast team and their Facebook profiles

I must admit, for a 28 year old Gen Y person, who loves new tech and who googles everything (missed call from an unknown number? Better Google it!) I have no idea how to work Twitter... I just don't get it!
I have a Twitter account and know how to use it. I just don't. I have yet to see the point. I find facebook to be much better because the only people who see my posts and photos are my friends who I've given access to my page. With Twitter, the whole world can see what you post. That is a big difference and doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Besides, I barely have time to read stuff on facebook. I definitely don't have time to do that and Twitter too.

I have a Twitter account and know how to use it. I just don't. I have yet to see the point. I find facebook to be much better because the only people who see my posts and photos are my friends who I've given access to my page. With Twitter, the whole world can see what you post.

This is the exact reason I prefer Twitter.

No ones feelings are hurt because I didn't allow them to see my posts.

Of course, I don't Tweet anything I am not willing to let the world view. I wouldn't do that on Facebook either.

Twitter is 100% low maintenance. I have no control over who follows me and who doesn't.

Too many feelings are hurt when someone gets "unfriended".

Count me out.

This is the exact reason I prefer Twitter.

No ones feelings are hurt because I didn't allow them to see my posts.
That's a really interesting point Kevin. I never thought of it from that angle. I think the difference is that I'm not a public figure in the way that you are. You have thousands of listeners, most of whom you have never met. But you still want them to be able to interact with you. As you said, with Twitter you don't have to pick and choose or decide whether or not to accept a friend request. If someone wants to follow you, they can.

I think it's different for a private individual. Not that I post anything secret or overly personal, but I use facebook to communicate with my friends and family. If I were to establish a social media presence for my business persona, I'd likely do so on Twitter, not facebook, for the same reasons you mentioned.

That's a really interesting point Kevin. I never thought of it from that angle. I think the difference is that I'm not a public figure in the way that you are. You have thousands of listeners, most of whom you have never met. But you still want them to be able to interact with you. As you said, with Twitter you don't have to pick and choose or decide whether or not to accept a friend request. If someone wants to follow you, they can.

I think it's different for a private individual. Not that I post anything secret or overly personal, but I use facebook to communicate with my friends and family. If I were to establish a social media presence for my business persona, I'd likely do so on Twitter, not facebook, for the same reasons you mentioned.

Thanks for the insight. I hadn't looked at it that way.

Pete has an awful twitter. Even John's is more interesting
Based on content and quality, Kevin should have 10x more followers than John

But follower counts is so 8th grade

Does anyone else believe that if there were no cats, Facebook would never have been invented?
ROTFL! That's why when I ask somebody for their e-mail. address (especially somebody connected with work, that I need their personal e-mail for some reason) I always say "I solemnly promise not to send you any stupid "if you click your left heel 6 times, and send this to 6 peeps within the nexts 6 seconds you will have 6 years of good luck", or any "stupid pets doing stupid pet tricks videos". ROTFL.

By the way - I love when they have you on the show - your commentary is always VERY insightful, well-spoken, and you explain things I would never understand or think of, without making me feel stupid. You're awesome, and I always consider you a "guest member of the team" when I see you! :)

Last edited:
Shockingly, some even have fur (and perfect teeth).

No way!!

IMG_6162-ANIMATION.gif

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I suspect that at this point, John might need to get Anderson Cooper to respond to one of his tweets to catch up with Kevin. :rolleyes1

Or perhaps John could get a selfie with Samantha Brown. :duck:

This reminds of when back in the day when the Podcast team didn't have their pictures out there publicly, the only way to see what Kevin looked like was to google Samantha Brown. He was in the top google image result!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter