Random Acts of Disney Kindness

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MouseEarsForAll, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MouseEarsForAll

MouseEarsForAll Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Who's had one of those moments? I have seen many stories of those since I joined, and I want a place to put them together for everyone to share! It doesn't matter if the act is from a family member, friend, CM, or even a total stranger! It's nice to know that Disney still makes some people feel good.:flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Vivianne

Vivianne <font color=green>Close enough to enjoy what Mass

Well, we were staying at CR on Sun and Mon 10/10 & 10/11. We decided to take a trip to the Grand Floridian just to see it around 9 or 10 p.m. I can't remember. We took the monorail got off and just walked around the GF since we thought it was a nice resort. Once we were done we were going to get back on the monorail to go back to CR.

Then we found out it wasn't running. They were working on it and stopped the monorail so we had to find a bus to take us back. The first bus was not going there but the driver of the second bus was willing to take us, even though it wasn't part of his route. We were really appreciative and the bus driver chatted with DH on our trip back. He was extremely nice explaining why and just talking with DH. I was very happy to get back. :worship:

4. ms_missy66

ms_missy66 Official WDW Addict

I've contributed to and accepted many acts of Fast Pass kindness. We always seem to get Toy Story Mania FP that are for late in the day and my daughters just can't make it. We end up handing them to four people at the end of the 90 minute line, making them quite happy. It's happened to us also. We've had people randomly walk up to us, "Would you like to ride Jungle Cruise? We won't use these FP." My girls begin jumping for joy. Stuff like that is so nice and so easy for people to do. If you aren't going to use a FP you have, hand them off.

5. auntmeme7577

auntmeme7577 Mouseketeer

This week, a DISer posted 2 free waterpark passes that she wasn't going to use. I was the lucky first responder. We have 2 teenagers who will have an awesome day thanks to her generosity! And, I have made a new friend! Thanks again Alicia:love:

6. no capes darling

no capes darling I never look back, it distracts from the now

It was my DD's 7th birthday and she was not happy about having that birthday for whatever reason. We had just come from breakfast at 'ohana and going into the MK. Wendy was at the head of Main St, near the spot they do the flag ceremony and saw that she was so upset, so Wendy approached us and wanted to know what was wrong. I told her that DD was sad about having a birthday and was having a rough morning... Wendy, the dear, said to DD very matter of factly, "I understand about never wanting to grow up." It was awesomely appropriate for the moment. I'll never forget it. :woohoo:

7. JayT

JayT Earning My Ears

My DS and I were entering Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP, when another guest on her way out approached me. She had rented a stroller and asked me if I wanted it since she was leaving and not attending the party. I thought it was so thoughtful! My son didn't need it, but it was such a kind gesture! I hope she found someone who could use it!

8. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

I was taking my 21 year old neice who had cancer(along with my two daughters). She had paralysis from the knee down on one leg. I could only afford a wing room at the Contemporary. I faxed Disney a letter asking that they not put our wing room out too far as I had rented a scooter from an outside company and we would be arriving around 1pm, but the scooter would not be there till 6 pm. When we went to check in, they had upgrades us to a TOWER MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW ROOM! They also went out of their way to send balloons up from Ariel, chocolates, a few other fun things. All I asked for was a wing room close to the main building as some of the wing rooms are far out. My neice passed away 4 months later. What a wonderful memory for all of us.:wizard: Truly some Disney magic.

9. 4under4

4under4 DIS Veteran

:hug:

10. Vivianne

Vivianne <font color=green>Close enough to enjoy what Mass

Aww, I'm so glad you have such a good memory. Deservedly so. It brings tears my eyes.
    Take care... :sad1:

11. angryduck71

angryduck71 Mouseketeer

That made me tear up. Yay for you too for giving your niece a magical experience!

12. MouseEarsForAll

This is one of the stories that I heard...I am glad you made the best of your time with her.:flower3:

13. Cruz91

Cruz91 Always at Disney in my mind...

So some old high school buddies and I went to ESPN Weekend last year. It was a BLAST. We don't get to hang out much anymore (you know - families, kids, work, etc), so it was great to catch up. One thing we did (of course) was the Drinking Around the World game at Epcot. It was going quite well (maybe too well) when in England, I decided to celebrate making it around with double shots on top of the beer we had there. Yeah, not so smart, and I started feeling my age. So what's the random act of kindness? Well, one of the guys we ran into in England offered me a ritalin (?????) which I declined, but then he ended up giving me a bottle of water instead. That, at the time, was the kindest thing he could do (unless, you know, he could stop the room from spinning or something). ;)

14. brookmey

brookmey I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blu

At MNSSHP on 9/27 we put off seeing the princesses until later in the night, hoping the line would get smaller. DD really wanted to see Rapunzel and Flynn and this was her only chance.

When we got to the princess line at 11:10, we were told it was closed. DD7 immediately burst into tears, which is a rarity for her. It was a combination of disappointment, the heat, and fatigue. The CM felt terrible, but I reassured him that she'd be OK. I felt terrible because it was pretty much my fault. I should've just stood in the line earlier, knowing how important it was to her. I had stood in line for the 7 dwarves for 90 minutes and was not ready to stand in another 60+ minute line right after. But I should have just done it.

DD and I stayed in the theater for about 5 more minutes so she could compose herself before heading out the door to the Emporium.

When we hit the street, the CM came running up to us, got down to eye level with DD and said "Guess what, princess? You get the see Rapunzel and Flynn!" The CM said seeing DD so upset broke his heart because he didn't want her to leave the party so sad. So, he whisked us back into the building and 60 minutes later, DD was beaming with her autograph from Rapunzel and Flynn!

It was a wonderful way to end a pretty disappointing night. Nothing like that has ever happened to my family or me before, and knowing that the CM totally saved my butt made me forever grateful! :rotfl:

15. Nissi

Nissi Mouseketeer

I have a 21-yr old daughter and I can't imagine. This was something very special that you and the CM's did to make a wonderful thing happen for your niece. Brought tears to my eyes too. God bless :hug:

16. Nissi

Nissi Mouseketeer

I've posted this story before...here's the shortened version of it.

Last November, we were in a very crowded Starlight Cafe and my son was potty training at the time. My husband went up to get food and my son was saying "Potty". So we went to get on line for the bathroom and the line was just so long. I mean it was bad. My son has autism and waiting is not exactly his strong point. :scared1: I decided to just go back to the table and wait because he was wearing a diaper. Bad choice. He looked at me desperately and I decided to bring him someplace else. I picked him up and he couldn't wait any longer. We were both soaked. I was in tears, I felt terrible for not making a better choice sooner. My husband went up to get our food wrapped up to go, and a manager came over to check on us. I explained what had happened and he gave us a voucher to go to any store we wanted to buy a clean outfit for my son. I am forever grateful.

17. ChereeCA

ChereeCA Earning My Ears

Each time my family has gone to the world we bring a stroller. On our last day at MK we find a family who's looking to rent a stroller and we give them the stroller and ask that they do the same when they leave. Hopefully everyone is spreading kindness around. It's so much fun to see their faces :). We are going in November and plan to do it again!

18. MouseEarsForAll

Bump!:thumbsup2 I like the stories!:cloud9:

19. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Several years ago on a Tuesday Judy and I were in Town Square on a slow day in January and got into a conversation with a CM wearing a tie and jacket. Toward the end of the conversation he asked when we were going home. We said Saturday. He then said: "Since you will be here past Thursday, would you like to be Grand Marshals in Thursday's 3:00 Parade?" And that was during Party Gras, when the Grand Marshals rode in the first real float, with Roger Rabbit Cavorting above us.

20. Feralpeg

Feralpeg Living and Loving Windermere!

My daughter and her boyfriend, at the time, went to Mitzikoshi for dinner. He is a Marine and was wearing a t-shirt with the Marine logo. They were seated at a table with a very nice family and had a great time talking to them over dinner. When dinner was over, the family paid their tab and said goodbye to my daughter and her friend. They told my daughter's friend thank you for his contribution to our country. When my daughter's boyfriend tried to pay their tab, the server told them that it was taken care of by the family. It was so nice of them and meant a great deal to my daughter's boyfriend.

21. jimmysmom74

jimmysmom74 DIS Veteran

While in fantasyland, my DS, 2 1/2 y/o at the time, was starting to meltdown and we had not been able to ride peter pan at all on the trip. DH and I were standing outside the ride, while DS was crying "no more line", and we were trying to derive a plan to not miss peter pan.
    A CM approached my son and said, "Are you Jimmy? Well Peter has been waiting for you young man. I think I better just get you to the front immediately, it's off to neverland with you."
    It was a life saver. I know I should gotten a FP early, but I wasn't the disney expert I am now;). I guess she must have overheard me, and knew there was no way we could make it 50mins in line. Thanks Disney!!