Rancho has free refills

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by audrey2580, Sep 3, 2012.

1. audrey2580

audrey2580 DIS Veteran

I just learned on this trip that Rancho del zocalo gives free soda refills. They have water cups too, so it was easy for the kids to share a soda and then refill it if one wanted more.

Where else refills sodas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaloCS

MaloCS Earning My Ears

When you say free refills are you referring to refills while you eat or can you come back at any time throughout the day a get a refill?

4. longtimedisneylurker

longtimedisneylurker DIS Veteran

I had heard that Rancho works the same way as Pizza Port with regard to refills. At Pizza Port, you can have one free refill during that one visit, and you may be asked to show your receipt. Usually the cashier will apprise you of this rule during your purchase.

5. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Refills while you are there eating. Just make sure to bring your receipt in case you are asked.

6. MaloCS

MaloCS Earning My Ears

Thanks! :)

7. furb & dez

furb & dez City Bear Jamboreers

Yes, refills can be had while you're eating there.

Using a water cup to share sodas with your kids, however, is stealing. Great lesson?

8. NiceOneSimba

NiceOneSimba DIS Veteran

Plaza Inn has refills for while you're eating, too!

9. disneychrista

disneychrista DIS Veteran

I am not sure I agree. How is it stealing? The soda was purchased and includes a refill. The poster is not getting anything they didn't pay for.

10. Mary09

Mary09 Mouseketeer

I think it is 'stealing' if one person in the party orders a refillable soda and shares it with others in the party who ordered water. But when a soda is $5 I might be tempted, if I was on a tight budget.

11. audrey2580

audrey2580 DIS Veteran

I paid for 1 soda and got 1 free refill. How I chose to split that soda is 100% up to me. If I made them share the same cup would that be better? Either way it's the same amount of soda I didn't cheat or steal.

12. cari12

cari12 DIS Veteran

It is being dishonest when you say one is just having water and in reality is not. At a sit down restaurant where there are unlimited refills such as Denny's for example, you cannot order one drink and stick it in the middle of a table of 4. The intent of the free refill offer is not to feed a family, just the person ordering it and it is a courtesy that you can have a refill if you feel to.

13. disneychrista

Question:
    Is it even possible to order a kids soda by itself?

Is it also stealing to order a large soda (where avaiable) and split it? The places that offer Larger sodas don't offere refills.

People split meals all the time is this cheating?

Is ordering a kids meal (meant for ages 9 & under) for an adult cheating?

14. Mary09

Mary09 Mouseketeer

I think splitting anything NON-refillable is fine. Anything refillable is usually intended to be for one person.

15. audrey2580

audrey2580 DIS Veteran

Love you disneychrista couldn't have said it better!!

16. audrey2580

audrey2580 DIS Veteran

I didn't say I was having water, I asked for an extra cup. It is not a sit down restaurant and it was not for 4 people. It was 2 kids and next time I won't post anything to help anyone out.

17. ballarinamom

ballarinamom DIS Veteran

Dont sweat it Audry. Your post was appreciated!

18. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

Removing individual people from the topic, it's an interesting discussion.

DH and I just discussed this as a result of this thread. We came to the conclusion that it is okay to split something that is of a set amount of food or drink. Something that is unlimited it is not okay to split. As for whether it is okay to have one person drink the first soda and another to drink the refill, he and I are split. It's an interesting discussion.

No. You have purchase ONE drink. What you do with it is up to you.

If the venue permits it, no.

Again, if the venue permits it, no. If not, yes.

- Dreams

19. disneychrista

Everything mentioned is a set amount of food or drink. One Meal, one drink+one refill.

And I agree with you on your stance of a single set amount of food being okay vs unlimited (ie buffett, all you can eat/drink, etc).

As for if the venue permits, should one ask if it is okay to split a meal or purchase a kids meal for an adult, at counter service?

20. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

If you are asking me, yes. That's what we do. Some places honestly don't care and you don't have to feel like you might be doing something "uncool." However, if they say no, at that point you have to be okay with that and know that you can't do it.

Non-Disney example: There is a restaurant we eat at for breakfast near home. Their breakfast combo meals are HUGE and I just don't want/need that much food. The servers have told me straight out to order off the Seniors menu (which clearly states 65+ and I am clearly not). It is the same combo, just much smaller. They suggest it, I do it.

- Dreams

21. disneychrista

What about quick service places? This is where I really think the I am buy a set amount food, who cares who is eating it. But everyone's view on this is different (it seems).

Obviously at a sit down, it is a little different.