Ramada Eastgate Family suite????

KAREN55555

Mouseketeer
Ramada Eastgate :confused:
We have booked our first ever WDW vacation for Christmas. We bought a package through Expedia. Were staying at the Ramada Eastgate in a Family/kidsuite???? Does anyone know anything about these suites?? Help please!!!

:cool: :jester: :bounce:

We stayed there last December in a regular room, not a suite. I can tell you that we thought the hotel was fine. It was clean, etc. and the location was great! It was really close to lots of great shops, restaurants, WDW, and other attractions. The only problem we had was that the elevator was SLOW and we were on the very top floor. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we got a really good rate. I'm sure the suites will be fine.

I'll be sure to request a room on floor that is accessible by stairs. Thanks again Gem:D

Would you request a pool or lakeside view room?

To be honest, the pool wasn't much to look at. It's just a regular, rectangle-shaped, concrete pool. No special landscaping or anything. I'm not sure about the lake, but it didn't look like it was anything special either. In fact, I don't think it could really be described as a lake at all. It looked more like a drainage pond to me. The hotel is on a really busy highway in an extremely developed commercial area, so there really aren't any "nice" views, in my opinion. Our room overlooked a pretty bustling stretch of Hwy192 and we actually did enjoy sitting out on our balcony watching the people walking up and down the strip, etc.

As I said before, the location is the really great thing about this particular hotel. You can take the back way into WDW without having to get on the interstate, which is nice. There are good sidewalks in that area, so it is easy to walk to shops, restaurants, etc. I don't know what else you have planned for your trip, but there are some fun places along the highway not far from your hotel - lots of neat miniature golf, go-carts, etc.

Also, you will be really close to the town of Celebration. Every night during the Christmas season, they have "snow" on Main Street. It happens every hour on the hour from 6p.m. to 11p.m. They have some really cute shops and restaurants, too. They also have horese-drawn carriage rides, strolling Christmas carolers, etc. It is nice to drive around Celebration and look at all the beautiful homes. They really go all-out decorating for the holidays. It would only be a few mintues drive from your hotel.

I'm sure you will enjoy your trip! Have fun!

:smooth: Gem, Thanks for the pool info.

The hotel says that they have transportation to WDW. We have not rented a car. (trying to keep costs down) Did you use the hotel shuttle or perhaps did you see it or hear anything about it.

Thanks so much your info has been very helpful:p

Sorry, I can't help you there. We didn't use the shuttle. I don't remember seeing it or anything, but, of course, we weren't looking for it. We had a car and we really only stayed there a few days while we did non-Disney stuff (like Gatorland, Islands of Adventure, etc.) before we moved over to the Wilderness Lodge for the Disney part of our trip. Let me know if I can help with any other questions! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter