Raining in Disney!!! Help!!!

Philly2Disney

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Disney tomorrow for the first time, and I just checked the weather for Orlando, FL and it says there'll be rain/thunder storms the entire time were down there! :headache: :sad2:

My question would be want is there to do if everything is rained out?!?! Has anyone had this kind of experience?

Please Help!

Don't panic! I have found rain to rarely be an all day affair at WDW. When it's hot and humid you'll find a chance of thunderstorms in the forcast almost daily. Pack some inexpensive ponchos if you don't want to buy them from a gift shop...you'll probably need them. Rain or no rain, I'd rather be at Disney! :goodvibes

Just what Deba said! Except when hurricanes come through, it rarely rains all day and even then it seems to get it out of its system as quickly as possible. :rotfl2: (I HATE puns, but there you are!)
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

In Florida, it rains almost everyday. Get over it, buy some poncho's, hit the water rides and the outdoor rides in the morning, because they do close if there is thunder and lightening. Enjoy yourself despite the rain. If it is pouring, take that time to do some souvinear shopping or enjoy an early dinner.

When we went it rained hard! 1st thing in the morning we drank a few xtra cups of coffee than as the rain tapered off abit we hit the parks. We have alot of pictures with rainjackets on but the kids were still smiling in ever one of them.

Just got back from a few days in The World, and same as you, the weather report said chance of rain every day. We had SUN SUN and more SUN the entire time, with a quick storm a couple of days. Actually, it was nicer when it did cloud up, as there was a bit of relief from the heat. In Florida, the begin predicting "Chance of Rain" every day starting in June and continuing through August.

On your original question, what to do if it should rain all day, there is, fortunately, lots to do.

1. Sit down someplace yummy and eat.
2. Put on a Mickey slicker and enjoy 10 consecutive rides on ROR coaster.
3. Go to DD and enjoy the virtual (rain-free) reality of Azkaban at Disney Quest.
4. Sit down someplace yummy and eat again.
5. Become a Millionaire.
6. DON'T see a movie - have some pride - this is WDW; you can think of something to do!!!
7. Sit down and... you get the idea!
8. Go to PI and dance the night away!
9. Visit the comedy club.
10. You're still hungry, right? Sit down! Eat!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Enjoy the rain! It keeps the day-trippers away and cools things off. don't let mere water keep you from having a great time. Grab your ponchos and go. Or just decide to be wet! You can always take a change of clothes and a towel to store in a locker. Just think of it as Splash Mountain, without the boat :rotfl:

Philly2Disney said:
Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Disney tomorrow for the first time, and I just checked the weather for Orlando, FL and it says there'll be rain/thunder storms the entire time were down there! :headache: :sad2:

My question would be want is there to do if everything is rained out?!?! Has anyone had this kind of experience?

Please Help!

:umbrella: That is probably because TS Katrina may be visiting FL in the next coming days. Just keep up listening to the weather channel for more updated info about rain.

When we went last week we had the same forecast every day. It was not a big deal it would rain around 3:00 MAYBE. I think we only had one rainy night but it was so light that we didn't need our ponchos. I got ponchos at the Dollar store before we left they were 2 for a dollar we never used them. We also took 2 pairs of sneakers in case one pair got wet we never got our sneakers wet. Have a GREAT time, I worried before we left also. I told DH I think I made a mistake about this time of year and maybe we should change our date, he said "don't worry we are going to have fun"! And we did!

Don't panic. I saw the weather channel too before we headed out to Orlando. It said everyday thunderstorm/rain... well guess what? It only rained for 2 days and it lasted for a couple of hours. This was in July.

In August trip. The weather channel said the same thing too. It said everday thunderstorm/rain... well the thunderstorm did come part of our stay, but it was in the afternoon and lasted for some hours. So we did the parks in the morning and by afternoon we were back at our resort.

At first I said.. oh man! There goes our trip...down the drain with all the thunderstorm... but all went well. I think you'll be fine. Now, if that was a hurricane.. then that would be a different story!

The next few days will not be your typical FL afternoon shower that lasts for 20 minutes to an hour or so, then goes away. We've got rain related to a tropical storm headed our way (yeah! it will cool things down a bit!) and Thursday and Friday will likely be rainy with higher winds all day.

Nothing you can do about it, just slog on with your vacation.

Anne

Our trip was forecasted as rain everyday last year (we were there in between the hurricanes). It only rained one day...and by the time I got through being tortured on Mission Space...it was done :sunny:

When I was at WDW it rained really frequently. Although, the rain only lasted about 10 minutes, whether it was heavy rain or not. Most of the time it wasnt even heavy raining or thunderstorms! My advice is to bring some disposable ponchos (you can buy them at the dollar store) so that you can throw them away if you want, OR at WDW they sell ponchos that are more "heavy duty" and not disposable with Mickey on them.

Btw, Ive been to WDW through 2 Hurricanes before and THAT wasnt even too much of a problem, especially to my family. It was sometimes better cuz less people were in the park during it :teeth: Well, My family just wore ponchos the whole time!!!

Hope this helps a little bit! :earsgirl:

Wow! Thanks for all the advice/tips, I've heard of it being rainy in Disney, the only thing that had me worried was the tropical storm that is currently forming.

But I'm sure we'll be fine visiting in house attractions. Hopefully everything goes well, I'll be on a 7am plane to Orlando tomorrow!!! :cool1:

Everyone pretty much summed it up, But your rain ponchos and just have fun. My very first trip with my hubby was to epcot and it rained the whole day but we had fun with it.....But when you check in make sure you find out what the weather is from the front desk, I am in SOuth FLorida and we are under a Tropical Storm warning, but I dont think its all the way to Orlando. Have fun and Stay Safe!!!

You can always make the most of it by visiting and exploring WDW and the resorts and stuff!!!

MickeyMo ::MinnieMo princess: princess:

Tink215 said:
I am in SOuth FLorida and we are under a Tropical Storm warning, but I dont think its all the way to Orlando. Have fun and Stay Safe!!!

Nope, we won't get the brunt of it, but we will get the outer bands which will bring a little wind and on and off rain all day for the next few days.

Be safe down there ya'll!

Anne

ducklite said:
Nope, we won't get the brunt of it, but we will get the outer bands which will bring a little wind and on and off rain all day for the next few days.

Be safe down there ya'll!

Anne

I just hope this means the parks will stay open. I can deal with a bit of rain and wind.

My sister was in WDW 2 weeks ago -- they had the usual array of Florida afternoon storms, plus some others scattered throughout the morning / evening as well. NOt a big deal -- she lived in Fla. for 15 yrs, she's used to it! Imagine her surprise, though, when she's in a que for tickets (to get a non-functioning ticket issue cleared up) and a man in front of her goes up to the window and tells the CM in all seriousness...

"Hi, I'd like a refund on these tickets. It rained."

:umbrella: :rolleyes: :confused3 :earseek: :rolleyes: :confused3 :umbrella:

He went on to explain in all seriousness that the rain "greatly interfered" with his family's ability to realize the "full value" of these tickets and he would therefore like to be duly compensated for his expenses. Mind you, it's not like the park closed or anything -- this was at EPCOT, there are plenty of indoorsy things to do there. Was the rain inconvenient? Yup. It's not always fun donning the ol' yellow poncho, LOL. We've done it numerous times but try not to let it ever "dampen" our spirits, haha! A rainy day at WDW is STILL better than a sunny one at home! But was the rain Disney's fault? I think not. We got our passes refunded for a day during Hurricane Charley, but that was because they had a forced park closure at 1 pm (and Charley was a Category 4). THat's a wee bit different than some passing Floridian storms.

Just as this guy was defending his case for a refund, another CM was available to help my sister -- so she never did find out if this guy got any thing out of the deal.

I say, some folks are pretty brassy.... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter