Rainforest Cafe vs Yak & Yeti

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Danny K, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

Which has better food quality? Don't think of it like you can go to rainforest cafe anywhere, because I live in another country with none around. Which is better quality for dinner? I have been to RFC before, but not sure if I should try Y&Y or not. Does RFC have larger portions than Y&Y? I have also heard that Y&Y has uncomfortable seating. Is that true? So compare these 2, which do you think is a better choice for me? I love the fact eating with animals.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minerva Mouse

Minerva Mouse DIS Veteran

Well, both restaraunts are owned by the Landry's corporation, so the food is similar. If you've never been to Y&Y give it a try, I love both places!

4. PictureJumpr

PictureJumpr At Least 'til it Rains

The two are actually quite similar, to me.
    Yak and Yeti of course is asian-style food, while Rainforest is more standard American fare (steak, chicken, pasta).

They are owned by the same corporation, and the quality and portions are similar between the two.

Rainforest does have the animatronic animals - Yak and Yeti does not.

If I was choosing one for dinner at Animal Kingdom (and couldn't get into Tusker House, which would be my first choice), I would choose Yak and Yeti - based solely on personal opinions/preferences. And, somewhat, on the fact that there are two Rainforest Cafes within 10 miles of my house.

5. hooch11bear

hooch11bear Mouseketeer

Yak & Yeti wins hands down for us. We don't really like the food at RC. We like the atmosphere, but not the food. We ate at Yak & Yeti for the first time in 2011. This year we made reservations for lunch on our first day at AK. We left lunch open on our second day to eat at Flame Tree BBQ. We liked our lunch so much the first day that we decided to see if they had anything open at Y&Y instead. I say give it a try!!

6. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

We prefer Yak and Yeti as well. I just feel like the quality is a bit better there. And a bit fresher.

Both are good, but if I had to pick it would be Yak and Yeti.

7. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

We love Yak and Yeti. My husband has to have their Kobe beef burger every time we go to Disney. I do not eat meat but did when I was pregnant and I must say that is the best burger this pesco lacto vegetarian has ever eaten!

8. hgeisler

hgeisler DIS Veteran

Yak &Yeti by far.

9. LeahA

LeahA DIS Veteran

Rainforest Cafe if you've never been has a great atmosphere for kids, but I enjoy the food at Yak and Yeti better!

10. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti wins hands down!!!! :thumbsup2

11. katclicks

katclicks Mouseketeer

What country do you live in? It may make a difference based on the types of foods you are accustomed to eating. I wonder if there are any other members on here that live in your area that might be helpful too.

12. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

I live in Egypt