Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits -(Ginny is deceased-Prayers for her.)

Hey Ginny! Thanks for commenting! They do grow so fast and we are soaking up every minute:love: Subbing to your TR! Looks like you have a pretty great family too!

Hey Ginny! Thanks for commenting! They do grow so fast and we are soaking up every minute:love: Subbing to your TR! Looks like you have a pretty great family too!

Thank you for that. Yes I am quite proud of each and everyone and don't mind telling anyone that has an ear whether they can hear or not. I can do sign language. Well, I do know how to use a couple of fingers anyway.:lmao:

Ginny

So I left off with heading back to CSR for bed. That was a good thought anyway. We did get back and Mike had a nap by then and was ready to talk. So Mike and Tim get two beers and cigars and find a quiet place to smoke, drink and talk. Everyone else met in our room for a quick beer the moved to Sandi's room to help her unpack while the boys visited in Sheri's room. We did eventually get to bed around 2 am.

I forgot to mention that while we were eating dinner that evening the rains came. So leaving Golden Corral we all got drenched. Tim's silk shirt got quite wet so he had to change real fast before going to MK.

Next morning we are up and have a breakfast snack in the room. Alex decides he wants to take the boat over this morning to MK.
IMG_1458.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1459.jpg
[/IMG]
And our first glimpse of my favorite place.

IMG_1456.jpg
[/IMG]

Then smart Tim got more of MK. I think I failed on MK pictures and Don took lots of video.

The worst of all was no Photopass people found us or us them. It was a very cloudy day.

IMG_1462.jpg
[/IMG]

I know the first thing we did was ride POTC then amazingly we were starved so we hit Pecos Bills. While there Sheri, Austin and Sandi went to get fastpasses for HM. We rode BTMR while waiting for our time at HM. We considered doing Splash but no one wanted to get wet so we decided to wait till after dinner. We had ADR for Chef Mickeys at 5:15.

After HM some did the old standby Swiss Family Treehouse

Image504.jpg
[/IMG]

Image502.jpg
[/IMG]

While waiting for them to get done we sat around and then Alex wanted to do magic carpets. Tim tried really hard to have him get a picture of these two but he just wouldn't.

Image596.jpg
[/IMG]

Then everyone but Austin, Don and I rode Jungle Cruise. The wait was 45 minutes. So we goofed off with lots of shopping and sitting.

It took them quite a long time to get done so we met them over at the Carrousel and got this picture of Alex.

ALEX.jpg
[/IMG]

We then went to I think the best 3D show they have of all of them. Mickey's PhillharMagic.

The week we were at Disney Space Mountain, TTA and Hall of Presidents were down for reno. Bummer. Sheri and Aust went to get fastpasses for Buzz and we headed for Chef Mickeys for dinner.

Yay! You did POTC first again. And I just love Mickey's Philhar Magic. You're right - its the best. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting those pics of the castle - you know, even if it's someone else's first glimpse of the castle, it still seems so MAGICAL to me and it takes me back! pixiedust:

Yay! You did POTC first again. And I just love Mickey's Philhar Magic. You're right - its the best. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting those pics of the castle - you know, even if it's someone else's first glimpse of the castle, it still seems so MAGICAL to me and it takes me back! pixiedust:

It is so totally Magical. Sheri and I were heartbroken over no photopass pics in MK. They did make up for a lot of it in the other parks but no us in front of the castle really broke our hearts. Tim is trying to piece us a picture to help us get over it. He has a MAC and you can do amazing photos with those.

BTW: I read your whole TR when you were doing it and I felt so sorry for you at different times. I so understood how you missed your DH that he wasn't with you and when your darling son would misbehave and you had no one to turn to. It is just not the same with parents and no spouse to help. I was going to give you my sympathies many different times but I was a bad girl and just lurked. I hope you forgive me for that because you truly needed a kind response many times and I didn't give it.

Ginny

Your post is almost word for word what I was about to say. So, I'll just say DITTO!:laughing:

I LOVE seeing the castle for the first time each trip. It is just a great feeling knowing you just got there and have so much fun ahead. I am waiting to here more.

Sometimes, I absolutely hate photobucket. It has a mind of it's own.

Don't ya know it!:lmao:

I have been working on finishing MK since I last posted. 2 pages worth. All lost. I think I shall go have a cup of coffe. I will now have to wait till this evening to redo it. At least all pictures are there. I had lots of pics in too. Where did it go? :confused3

Ginny

:badpc: This little icon here could best describe how I feel about all those "lost posts" that I have been looking for!

When I was doing my TR, I found it best to "copy" it before I submitted just in case it went into Neverland. There is nothing more frustrating than typing something up, long and detailed and then having it disappear! :eek:

:badpc: This little icon here could best describe how I feel about all those "lost posts" that I have been looking for!

When I was doing my TR, I found it best to "copy" it before I submitted just in case it went into Neverland. There is nothing more frustrating than typing something up, long and detailed and then having it disappear! :eek:

You sure have that right. I think it is because it took me so long to get the pics lined up that it timed me out. I'm starting again now.

So we head to Chef Mickey's for our 5:15 ressie. They weren't too busy but they made us wait with a beeper for 15 minutes. We did take the standard plate picture but is was not at all good. I will show the only one we got.

DSCN0282.jpg
[/IMG]

Dinner was ok. Nothing great but edible. Atmosphere was awesome. The characters started coming not long after we sat down.

IMG_1469.jpg
[/IMG]

Now everyone in our household knows Mickey belongs to Sheri. So this is how Commando takes charge.

P5240045.jpg
[/IMG]

She needs her dancin' time with the Big Cheese.

P5240043.jpg
[/IMG]

The rest of us did manage to have some character time also. Despite her objections.

Image517.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0286.jpg
[/IMG]

And then the adult boys needed their girlfriend time. It was a war with those two all week.

DSCN0291.jpg
[/IMG]

P5240049-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I know you will never believe this one but it started raining at 5:30. It rained for almost 4 hours. Not just rain but a regular downpour with thunder, lightning and the works. You could not even see MK from the CR.

So that gave us time to kill for sure. What does every family do when they have time on their hands? Try on hats of course.

Here is my little bride and groom. (of many years.)

P5240053.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we had to get the Birthday girl and boy.

P5240058.jpg
[/IMG]

A mom and son:

P5240064.jpg
[/IMG]

The cooks and helper??

P5240068.jpg
[/IMG]

After pictures we shopped while the boys played in the Arcade. Spent the cash I had brought over for the evening so we decided we needed to get back to MK.

Upon arrival our first stop was Buzz. I have been very excited for this ride as I wanted to beat Austin the gameplayer of the family. We had a small bet on this one. Austin rode with Sandi and I rode with Don. I was so excited when it was over I knew I had to be the winner.

P5240072.jpg
[/IMG]woohoo:

And then Austin showed me his score:

P5240074.jpg
[/IMG] :eek:

I was totally bummed. He did declare me the winner because I reached the high score before he did. He truly loves me.

We then head to Laugh Factory. Lucky Mike was chosen to play Mike with one eye:

P5240076.jpg
[/IMG]

He played his part very well. It was an ok show.

I then made everyone do COP. They were more than thrilled.:yay:

Ok, they weren't. But they did it for me cause if Grandma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. That's the rules. There were all of 15 people in there including the nine of us. So sad. It really needs to have something done.

While on that end we went to see Stitch. OMG. Do not care for that show. Everyone says Aliens was way better. I think most anything would be better. And we love Stitch. Huge disappointment.

Then we stopped for Teacups. I did not drive but my dear hubby did get me a cappacino while we waited.

P5240082.jpg
[/IMG]

We then headed to ISW because once again I am in charge. They had updated the que since I was last there (1983) and painted the little dolls but it too needs a big change. Everyone did tolerate my whims. Thank goodness. They just didn't want to hear me cry.

When we had gotten of teacups it started raining again. We had planned to do some repeat rides but we were tired of being wet at that point so headed to the bus to get home.

Once again Tim and Mike had a cigar and beer to finish their evening and we sat around talking till about 2:00 am. Another big day for Monday planned.

We have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's on our Magic Kingdom day too. We have never eaten there. From what I've read, including your report, the food is just so-so. Oh well, I'm going for the atmosphere anyway.

The hat and apron pictures are too cute.

And, how sweet is Austin to say you won even if his score was 999,999. Awwww!

We have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's on our Magic Kingdom day too. We have never eaten there. From what I've read, including your report, the food is just so-so. Oh well, I'm going for the atmosphere anyway.

The hat and apron pictures are too cute.

And, how sweet is Austin to say you won even if his score was 999,999. Awwww!

The food was ok, cornbread was delish with the butter. The make your own sundaes were good. Not at all sorry we ate there. As stated, it is an atmosphere thing.

My kids do have a way of showing off.

Austin is a very sweet kid. He knows what Grandma can do for him. We have a special bond. He was intensive care for 9 days when born as was his Mom. I worked next door to the hospital so I fed him every bottle for those first nine days while spending nights at the hospital in his Mother's room. We bonded more than most Grandmas get the chance too.

Hunter and my mom have a tight bond too. My mother and I, literally, share a driveway. We are on 2 acres and she is on 1. When Hunter was born, she had just retired and stayed home with Hunter. She took him outside even when he was still an infant and they would swing on the back porch swing nearly all day long. Sometimes, I wonder if she thinks Hunter is her's or John and I's.:rolleyes:

Hunter and my mom have a tight bond too. My mother and I, literally, share a driveway. We are on 2 acres and she is on 1. When Hunter was born, she had just retired and stayed home with Hunter. She took him outside even when he was still an infant and they would swing on the back porch swing nearly all day long. Sometimes, I wonder if she thinks Hunter is her's or John and I's.:rolleyes:

I so understand that. We lived in the same house for 32 years and 3 years ago I told my DH that I was ready to move and I hoped he moved with me. Lucky for me he agreed. It is exactly a 3 minute drive and a 15 minute walk to Sheri's house. The house we bought was mutual friends of ours and Sheri's so while they were building their house we moved in with Sheri for 9 months. (our house sold in one day). I cried like a baby when we moved from her house to ours. I'm happy now in my own house again but we literally have dinner together 3-5 nites a week. I think Mike being older has helped. He and Don are good friends and Sheri and I are best friends. I know she is still my daughter but I don't always look at her with that "mother" face. Most times it is as friends. Them being self-supporting helps. Age does wonders with parents and children.

Your family has so much personality! Love the new pics! I can't believe you did the teacups..I am still too scared to try:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter