Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits -(Ginny is deceased-Prayers for her.)

Woohoo- an update! I am so glad you all arrived safely and got 3 connecting rooms.

However, I'm confused so please bear with me :confused: Your DD1 was planning on a trip to WDW and didn't know that you, your DH, DD2 and family were going too, is that correct? (I'm so dense sometimes but I get all mixed up when I'm trying to figure out abbreviations :rotfl2:)

DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!! (If you want to pm me an update instead of putting it all on this thread, that's ok. I'm the only here who is confused :lmao:)

However, I'm confused so please bear with me Your DD1 was planning on a trip to WDW and didn't know that you, your DH, DD2 and family were going too, is that correct? (I'm so dense sometimes but I get all mixed up when I'm trying to figure out abbreviations )

DD1 was having the birthday so her DH planned the surprise with us for her. She found out where she was going 2 days before we left. She did not know we were going until we were at the airport to pick them up.

DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!!

Yes DD2 is younger daughter. It was also her husband who was having the surprise. And yes he did not going DD1 and her family were going till we got there and had to go pick them up.

And no you are probably not the only one confused. It is hard to fit 9 people in a report and set up the scenario. Thank you for reading.

I was going to finish arrival day but I forgot my pics that I have to upload to photobucket at home. So it will have to be late tonite or tomorrow.
Ginny

Woohoo- an update! I am so glad you all arrived safely and got 3 connecting rooms.

However, I'm confused so please bear with me :confused: Your DD1 was planning on a trip to WDW and didn't know that you, your DH, DD2 and family were going too, is that correct? (I'm so dense sometimes but I get all mixed up when I'm trying to figure out abbreviations :rotfl2:)

DD2 is the younger daughter, right? And her son found out about the surprise and is keeping it a secret, right? Geez - you're going to clobber me but I guess what I'm excited about is that you are all going to surprise DD1 and family at the airport, right?!! (If you want to pm me an update instead of putting it all on this thread, that's ok. I'm the only here who is confused :lmao:)

Don't feel bad, I got a little confused too. I think it's the abbreviations of the different daughter's that got me confused. Maybe if I had a name instead of DD1 and DD2, I think I would have caught on quicker.

Ginny, you fantastic liar you, great update and great surprise. Can't wait to read more.

Ok, here's the deal. It is hard for me to keep them straight too and I've known them all their lives. I will go back and edit and give real names. Who do I know that is going to come and find me and haunt my children? Cast of characters is Me-Ginny, DH-Don, DD1 or BG-Sandi, her DH or FT-Tim, Their precious son DGSA4-Alex. DD2-Sheri, her DH or BB-Mike, DGSA1-Austin and DGSA3-Andrew. Remember DGDA2 did not go and she is Andrea.

I will get my edits done and add more.

Thanks for reading.

I'm here! Glad your link is all fixed. I haven't finished reading all the posts yet, but I'll pop back in and get all caught up! Nice to meet you, Ginny!

MICKEY4EVER!

I'm here! Glad your link is all fixed. I haven't finished reading all the posts yet, but I'll pop back in and get all caught up! Nice to meet you, Ginny!

Thank you for reading

I will add an update but first I will bring your attention to my picture on the plane. Did you happen to notice the shiner on my right eye? The Monday before we left I was taking trash out to the curb, carrying the bag in front of me. Almost to the trash can and the bag splits open from the bottom. I trip on the trash and BOOM I am down like soft butter all over the drive. First landing on my knees (losing my shoes) then my hands then knowing my face is going to turn to the left so only my right side gets it. (Aren't I the brilliant one?) So one black eye, concrete burn on cheek and forhead I manage to pick up the trash, find my shoes and stumble into the house to see the damage. Yes, I am a faller. I have now fallen 4 times this past month. 3 years ago I fell on the concrete in front of the building where I work and blackened the left eye. At the lake this past weekend I was jumping off the boat and jabbed my thumbnail in my right eye and blackened it again.:lmao:

What are we going to do with klutzy me?

Now on to the report with more pictures.

We had arrived at CSR and unpacked. The kids went and checked out the pool and the rains came. Not just a sprinkle but a downpour. They had told us at the airport they had had 12 inches of rain in the past 3 weeks. How much more could we add to the week?

I have texted to Sandi numerous times during the day and gave her a bunch of fluff of how nice the massages were and where we ate lunch (of course I said her favorite place), she was jealous. She informed me her plane was late so they wouldn't get out till 5:00 pm. Arrival time was to be 7:30.

It is now 6:45 and we need to head to MCO to pick up Sandi and her group but first we need to make a sign. Sorry no picture but it says Welcome _____ family. And has Mickey ears on it. We park the cars and head into the baggage claim area. Here are pics of them on the plane.

IMG_1453.jpg

and
IMG_1454.jpg

I got these later not while they were flying.

We checked the boards and they said their flight was delayed so we sat and took it easy for awhile.

About 7:45 they stated their plane was on the ground. It was so late they wouldn't let them pull into the gate because another plane that arrived on time got it. They finally start to unload at 8:10. We sent Austin up to the tram area to take a picture. The idea was to im the picture to them and she would see it and try to figure out what was going on.
1246292733.jpg

Silly Sandi forgot to turn her phone back on so didn't get the picture till later. So they come down the escalator and Andrew is holding the sign and Alex sees it and yells "Hey Mom it is Andrew". She says don't be silly. So again he yells " It is Andrew and Aunt Sheri and they are holding a sign."

1245879536.jpg

Sorry it is blurry. Me and my cell phone have issues.

So by 8:30 after the hugging and kissing and surpise factors we get luggage and head to the cars. We are all starving at this point so we get out the trusty GPS and find a Golden Corral. By the time we get done eating and back to CSR to unload luggage and hit MK. Remember Comando Sheri is on a mission to get to a park TODAY! Luckily they have EMH till midnight. By this time Mike was too tired to go so just the other 8 of us head over.

Would you believe not a one of us took a camera and we could not locate one photopass person.

Spectro was going on so we cut through the crowd and get to POTC. No line whatsoever. Lucky us. We are on a ride at MK. Finally. After this was over we head to our next favorite ride HM. Again no line. We were on a roll.

By now it is 11:30 and the day is starting to hit all of us. Sandi still had all of her unpacking to do and I had a book that need a read. We head back to CSR to start again another day.

How exciting! You have surprises, first time visitors, and lots of family together. It sounds like you will have a great trip. I am glad you made it to a park on your first day. I can't wait to hear about the rest.

How exciting! You have surprises, first time visitors, and lots of family together. It sounds like you will have a great trip. I am glad you made it to a park on your first day. I can't wait to hear about the rest.

Thanks for joining in. We love surprises in our family and we love to be silly. Not to let anything out of the bag but it was totally awesome. Disney could not have treated us any better unless of course they had given us free return trips.:goodvibes

That would have me shouting.

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny, for clarifying up my inability to keep things straight! :lmao:

That is so cute that they were surprised - I love surprises (hear that kids, Mom loves surprises so if you want to spring a trip on me, I'll pretend I don't know!! :rotfl2:) Just teasing - my DS26 sort of surprised me with a trip last February 2008 for 4 nights. He gave me $350 and said "that should be enough to go to WDW, shouldn't it?" Poor guy had just started a great job and thought he was rolling in dough and wanted to surprise me with a trip. I told him it was and rented points from a great DVC'r for 3 nights, studio at BWV and took a friend. We had a blast!

Can't wait to hear all about your next day now that the gang is all here!

Thanks, Ginny, for clarifying up my inability to keep things straight! :lmao:

That is so cute that they were surprised - I love surprises (hear that kids, Mom loves surprises so if you want to spring a trip on me, I'll pretend I don't know!! :rotfl2:) Just teasing - my DS26 sort of surprised me with a trip last February 2008 for 4 nights. He gave me $350 and said "that should be enough to go to WDW, shouldn't it?" Poor guy had just started a great job and thought he was rolling in dough and wanted to surprise me with a trip. I told him it was and rented points from a great DVC'r for 3 nights, studio at BWV and took a friend. We had a blast!

Can't wait to hear all about your next day now that the gang is all here!

Thanks for giving me the chance to clear things up a bit. I too love surprises and am looking forward to my 60th birthday in two weeks. I was going to take the day off and plan something but Sheri said "Mom, I am only going to say this once so listen carefully. DO NOT TAKE THE DAY OFF, DO NOT PLAN ANYTHING. UNDERSTAND". I said yes and will now work on my birthday. Bummer. At least we get off at 3 on Friday's. And I guess I will go home to something exciting. I have no idea what. She just said Dad gave her a choice of 2 things. Both were good and one was great. So she chose the great one. I am so excited and have not said another word about any of it.

How cool was your wonderful son? I want to plan a girls long weekend out with my daughters and have thought of going during free dining this fall. So I am working on that for now. Surprise you know. I would love to get DVC points and do something awesome for the three of us.

Loved your surprise! That was awesome. Can't wait to hear more. By the way, POTC is my most FAVORITE ride! :love: Glad you rode it first...

I am finally here! :) And you are off to a fine start! :thumbsup2 I am impressed with the way the surprise worked out so well! You had so many balls spinning to surprise her and it worked out PERFECTLY! :) Way to go!

PotC is a great ride! I might have to debate your best in the MK assertion though! ;) Splash holds that place in my heart! ;)

Keep it coming! :) And you certainly do have adorable grandkids! And I truly love to see you enjoying the heck out of them...that's what family is for!:cloud9:

I am finally here! :) And you are off to a fine start! :thumbsup2 I am impressed with the way the surprise worked out so well! You had so many balls spinning to surprise her and it worked out PERFECTLY! :) Way to go!

PotC is a great ride! I might have to debate your best in the MK assertion though! ;) Splash holds that place in my heart! ;)

Keep it coming! :) And you certainly do have adorable grandkids! And I truly love to see you enjoying the heck out of them...that's what family is for!:cloud9:

I too love Splash and I will tell that in the next episode. Thank you for reading. Hope you are having a great 4th weekend. We are in Tennessee and Tim is out golfing (his Saturday adventure) when he returns we are going out for the day then downtown for the fireworks tonight. Early (7:30 am) return home tomorrow so we can visit my Mother and Mother-in-Law (who is still in the Nursing Home recuperating from her fall) then to home.

Will try to update again tomorrow evening.

Loved the surprise! I love the POTC ride too!

It was so fun and to be the only ones on was great. Tim and Alex had a ball. They had no idea what to expect by being first timers. Alex was afraid there would not be enough to keep him busy and wanted to go to Universal as they were there a couple of years ago. Tim insisted he would find plenty to do.

I am so impressed at your ability to keep a secret! I have some surprises planned for my DD's birthday trip to Disney, but I have told her that we ARE going!!!! Your TR is fun to read! I am a first timer, too, and I am impressed by your TR!

I am so impressed at your ability to keep a secret! I have some surprises planned for my DD's birthday trip to Disney, but I have told her that we ARE going!!!! Your TR is fun to read! I am a first timer, too, and I am impressed by your TR!

Thank you for that. It was hard to keep the secret. Thank goodness for texting. If I had to be with her face to face I don't think I could have done it. It is easier for my son-in-law Mike only because we love to tease him so I threw all kinds of lies in his face. He was totally confused by the time Sheri told him and so did not believe her.:confused3

Hope to get more up today.

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter