Rain Next week.... do rides close?

cathyny

Earning My Ears
So we leave for our first trip next week (5/6) & it looks like the 1st 2 days its going to rain. We have the ponchos & good shoes that can get wet.. well my hubby will not wear the poncho as he thinks it looks goofy so he is bringing his LL Bean rain jacket but what else should we bring to be prepared?

Also do they close some of the rides when it rains? We are going with a 7 & 4 yr old. We were going to go to AK on one of these days.. will the animals still be out? Should we switch our days around?

We rode Expedition Everestt twice in the rain. We got soaked but had a blast.

some rides but not many. Any sign of lightening in the area will drive the closure of a number of outdoor rides.

Yes, lightning will force the closure of the outdoor rides. However, don't let that discourage you from getting in line, they will give out a version of a fast-pass in some instances that will let you skip to the front of the queue. We were waiting on Test Track when that happened. Once they reopened we got to bypass the line and get right on the line.

We are going the 6th-9th and it looks like rain on the 6th and 7th. Boo!! Oh well, won't change a thing!!:goodvibes

I'm there all next week...remember that thunderstorms usually mean a couple of random squalls, not an all day rain. There's plenty of 'indoor' rides to keep you occupied while its raining...at least usually.

So we leave for our first trip next week (5/6) & it looks like the 1st 2 days its going to rain. We have the ponchos & good shoes that can get wet.. well my hubby will not wear the poncho as he thinks it looks goofy so he is bringing his LL Bean rain jacket but what else should we bring to be prepared?

Also do they close some of the rides when it rains? We are going with a 7 & 4 yr old. We were going to go to AK on one of these days.. will the animals still be out? Should we switch our days around?

Raincoats and ponchos are things you should definitely bring, since it rains practically every day in the spring and summer.

As other posters have mentioned, rides will stay in operation as long as there's no lightning in the area. It could be pouring cats and dogs and Dumbo will still be flying, as long as there's no lightning. Most of the rides have covered queues, so you'd be fine in there. Just definitely bring a raincoat or a poncho :flower3: If you're not sure if it's operating, you can always ask, after all. That's what CM's are there for, and the ones working the ride may be able to give you an estimate for when the ride will come back into operation (but not always).

:hippie:

Oh that weather report can change in a heartbeat..theres a saying about the South..if you dont like the weather..just wait a day...it can still change..I would checkit the day before you leave for the most accurate account.:)

A good thing to know is that on Rainy days, the parks are ALOT less crowded. If you are willing to brave the rain, you won't have as many long waits!

Oh that weather report can change in a heartbeat..theres a saying about the South..if you dont like the weather..just wait a day...it can still change..I would checkit the day before you leave for the most accurate account.:)

So right!! Today it says it will be Thursday and Saturday instead of Thursday and Friday! :lmao: Maybe tomorrow it will be Thursday and Sunday and so on.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter