Rain For Our Vacation....... Now What???

• Thread starter pixie dust gal!
  • Start date
P

pixie dust gal!

I just got off the phone w/ HRH and they state the forecast as being thunder storms at least up until Thursday!!!!!:( :(

We leave Tuesday, and have heard nothing but rain, rain and more rain. I am so disappointed to say the least.......... Rented cabanas for our 9 days; guess I won't be needing them.

Anyone have ideas on how we will spend our time? Being there for that many days, we planned on spending lots of time by the pool............. Any suggestions?????? DS' age 18 and 12

Many thanks, (sob, sob, blubber, blubber):( :( :( :( :(

Debbie

First off, quit thinking it's going to rain all day.

it will not.

Even though it's been raining for a good number of days, it rains in the afternoon, plan accordingly. Get up early, see the parks in the am, then relax in the afternoon, when it rains, then by evening, GO BACK.

It will be good.

Hang in there and have fun.

Notatourist,

We always arrive at the parks around 7:30 - 8am. We leave the parks around 10:30 - 11:00 am to return to the pool. We have "done the parks" in the rain many, many times - that is ok. It is the "downtime" at the resort that I was thinking about. Movies is the likely candidate; any other suggestions??????????

Many thanks for your response.

Debbie:(

PS: "It will not rain, it will not rain, it will not rain........"

I'm leaving Tuesday as well...and a I wasn't happy when I saw the weather forecast. On Wednesday it IS suppose to rain all day.. the other days probably afternoon storms. But we're at Discovery Cove on the rain all day day:( We're staying at the Royal Pacific)and have 4 kids in tow! Keep those fingers crossed!.... and toes and legs and eyes!!!!

Don't worry about a total washout. The weather patterns have changed somewhat. It hasn't been raining all day. It's almost the typical late afternoon stuff this week. It actually did not rain at all at my house on Saturday, the first day in over a month.

If the weather holds, be prepared for rain around 3 or so. The threat of anything earlier has dropped off considerably. It had been raining from dawn to after dusk. It had to get better...

Have fun!

Tense,

Boy, does your name suit this situation well!!!!!!!!! LOL:rolleyes:

We are going to Discovery Cove also; but, I wanted to wait until we got there to reserve a day and I am glad I did. I kept calling to see if they were close to being closed out and they weren't. So, I will wait till we see what the weather is supposed to be like. I hope you are able to get a refund or alternate date if it rains that hard........ Keeping my "limbs" crossed...........

Debbie

Earl,

Now I hope you wouldn't lead this ol' gal on!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart raised a little hearing the good news............. BIG SMILES on my face right now:) :D

Big SMOOCH and HUG.........................................

Can you tell I am happy??????????????????

Thanks Earl... made me feel a bit better too!... Pixie dust girl.. I was told you had to make reservations months in advance for Discovery Cove. When we did we had only 1 day to choose from. So... maybe you might want to call to check availablity.. so you won't be disappointed.

We too will be at the Royal Pacific Tuesday thru Saturday, we have been watching the wheather also and hopefully it will be like Earl says. If not I hope we can at least do the early and late part of the days for the parks.

Earl's right-

As for the parks in the rain situations-Why not try lunch around the resort-eat the main meal in one hotel and go to another for desert? Just an idea.

Why not try a show indoors? Universal Studios has a lot of great indoor attractions, like the Gory, Gruesome, and Grotesque Horror Make-Up Show or T2. I don't know about you, but I can usually feel when it will rain in Florida in my bones. When I have that feeling, I usually head indoors.

hey guys, are you in florida and is it raining we will be there soon and i have been so bummed at the weather reports, we are going to be at the beach and talk about depressing when you have spent several thousand to sit in a condo and watch it rain. that is what we did last year, please tell me that it is better in florida now. i guess if it rains this year we will spend more time in orlando at the parks at least with a poncho you can still have fun. please report what the weather is like!!!!!!!! thank you!!!

It rained every day of our trip to Universal last July, but we had a great time. Just pass out the rain ponchos and keep going. Actually, it turned out that when the sun did come out we were so hot that we began to prefer the rain!! And since we weren't having to deal with the heat so much, going back to the hotel to rest wasn't as necessary.

Nearly all the fun at US is indoors so you just have to be in the rain to get from attraction to attraction. IOA is a little less fun in the rain but you can still do Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Poseidon,
Discovery Center, etc. And if there is no lightening nearby, many of the outside things are still running, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter