Rain Bummer Plan

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by rusty4, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rusty4

rusty4 DIS Veteran

Well it looks like rain is in the forecast for our first trip. Arrive tomorrow and leave on Monday. What is good to do on rainy days and during down pours if there are any while we are there? Hoping it will just be passing showers.;)

At first it was predicting the rain for our last full day. I was great with that because I figured by then we would have the lay of the land and know what to do and where to go. So much for planning! haha!

Do they close the pools for showers? Might be fun to swim in the rain if we are going to be wet anyway.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

There are lots of indoor rides. You should be able to fill enough time with those rides and shows during the rain.

4. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

I think rain wont be a issue,it will be cold(by Fla standards)and windy this weekend.Bring a jacket and hoodies.

5. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

I think it'll be the cold, rather than rain, that will interrupt pool time this weekend. High's in the 60's on Saturday and Sunday!

6. rusty4

rusty4 DIS Veteran

Thanks. Packing accordingly. If we do any swimming it will be tonight. It will be quick in and quick out I am sure. Our 9 year old son wants to give it try.:eek:

7. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Yeah...it will be chilly this weekend...no doubt. I'll be glad when these cold fronts are done bringing air this cold to the area. Hopefully we only have a few more weeks and then spring! :teeth:

8. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

It's going to be pretty cold for Florida standards. Im driving up in the morning. We have dug out our warm clothes.

9. Metro West

I'm going to have to bundle up at the parade and concert Saturday night.

10. housemouse

housemouse Mouseketeer

One of my favorite memories on a Disney trip is swimming in a hard rain with my son. He begged so hard to go swimming and I just couldn't disappoint him. It wasn't lightning, just a hard rain so I figured, why not? We had a blast and had the pool to ourselves to boot. Wonder why?:rotfl: If it's not too cold when you're there, go for it!

11. Bluer101

I told DW we might have to take the down comforters of the beds at RPR into the park with us. It's been so unseasonably warm down here that its going to be a shock to us.

12. Metro West

It was 89 here yesterday and Saturday's forecast low is 39!

13. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Remind me of that if I ever tell you we`re thinking of visiting in February!!!!

14. Bluer101

Just arrived an hour ago and it's 55 by the temp in the car.

15. disneydawg10

disneydawg10 Earning My Ears

Got here at 9:30 this morning too and thought it was very cold. Warmed up nicely this afternoon and enjoyed the afternoon by the pool. Decided to pick today as our pool day. We'll be bundled at the parade and concert tomorrow too :) As long as there is sunshine, all is well!