Raglan Road once again 09/02/07

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Well, many of you may have read my RAVE review last weekend about Raglan Road. The Pie in the Sky was perfect and heavenly. :cloud9:

I wanted to return, and with our schedules last night was just the best time for the upcoming months. I really did not plan to dine at RR August 25, and then again Sept 2.

DH drank a Boddington Draft Beer. He said it was a good creamy ale.
I drank the blackberry (unsweet) ice tea.

DH ordered Kevin's Heavenly Ham since it is a signature dish.

I ordered my Pie in the Sky. :banana:

This time we did get bread. I don't know why we did not the last meal. :confused3 Maybe we were suppose to have and were not given any. :confused3
Knowing the pie was coming, I only ate a small piece of bread to see what it was like. It was Soda Bread. To me the bread was good, but nothing special. What made it special was the dipping sauce. And I think all the dipping sauce is brownsugar and a little maple syrup liquid in the bottom of a small dish with oil poured on top. (They are not mixed together.)
It was very good. Simple, but good. And made the bread.

DH really liked his meal. I think he found it surprisingly good, thinking what special can they do to ham? Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze. Served with braised cabbage and creamed potato.
He mentioned a few times how good his meal was.

The pie I ordered was very good. Not as good as the previous week when I ordered it. I suppose it depends on the chef. :confused3 Don't get me wrong. It was very good. Still had the same white chicken chunks, etc. But the crust did not seem as buttery and the pie was not as creamy. The crust was good. But just typical as one would think of as a good pie crust.

DH wanted to try the bread pudding. I was planning on just eating a few bites. :rolleyes1
Now the odd thing was the bread pudding order took just as long as our main food order, if not longer. :confused3 I have to assume the bread pudding is not prepared ahead of time and made as the orders come in.
Of course it was very good.
It came in what reminded me of a large cappucino mug. On the side were two small pitchers. One contained a sweet vanilla cream sauce. The other contaier was melted carmel.
The bread itself reminded me of milk toast my mother use to give me as a kid. (Showing my age here. Does anyone still eat milk toast? :confused3 )
I said that to DH and he looked at me like I had two heads. He apparently hated his mother's milk toast. :rotfl2:
But that is what it reminded me of. The cream and carmel is what really made it.

Now the downside---- I woke up at 3:00 a.m. sicker than a dog. :sick: I did not have anything else to eat after last night's meal. And all I had to drink afterwards was a watered down diet coke at Comedy Warehouse.
But I was sooooo sick during the night. I am drinking peppermint tea now. :rotfl2:
Needless to say it will probably be awhile since I return to Raglan Road just because it will remind me how ill I was approx 8 hours later. :sick: I don't feel like I have a bug. No headache, body ache, etc. No reason to have gotten sick that I know of. Felt fine beforehand. But something sure did not agree with me.

Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear that you got sick. :sad1:

I thought I would add too that RR was PACKED while we were there.
We arrived just before our ADR time. We had to wait maybe 10 minutes to be seated.
As we were leaving the lobby area was jammed. Guests leaving had a very hard time exiting because so many were standing at the check in area.
They were telling a family of 4 they could be seated, but it would be 1.5 hour wait.
Due to RR being so busy, it was VERY noisy in the restaurant.
The crowd noise made the Irish tunes being played unaudible at times even.
I did hear one song that reminded me of Off Kilter :love: -- Whiskey in the Jar.
But for the most part it was very loud and busy during our time in RR last night.

oh no! how awful to get sick at Disney (been there, done that:sad2: )

Hope it doesn't last too long:flower3:

Whatever it was it must have been what I ate. Luckily it did not linger. I just had to keep guzzling Pepto in the early hours. :rotfl2:

We ate at RR on 9/2 also. We had an ADR for 6:10 but got there 1 hour early and they fit us in early. we loved it. My DD10 had the drunkrn chicken app, which was 3 skewers of chicken. She ate it all. DS 13 had the mushroom soup whic was very good. I sampled it but rather salty. I had the goat cheese app and it was to die for. It was a patty of goat cheese coated and deep fried served on greens with a raspberry sauce. For entrees- DD had the ham- 3 large alf slices over potatoes, she skipped the cabbage. Son had the salmon of knowledge which he enjoyed. I had the Its not bledin chowder. It was very good- creamy base with potatoes and fish with 2 shrimp, 2 scallops and about 6 mussels in it. For dessert I had the Baileys creme brulee. It was the best dessert I had all week at WDW. DD had the bread pudding also very good and son had the 3 mouses- white, dark and tiramusu. They were each served in a shot glass sized glass. Service was very good too by Eric. There was a man making balloon animals for the kids. We would return!

Well I hope it's good on our upcoming trip. I was looking at the menu and picked it because I was wanting to try new things and the meals sound delicious!

We ate there on 8/29. John was our server, and he was awesome. The food was great! This was our first time there. DH and I both said we would go back, DDP or no DDP, we would pay cash in a heartbeat. I had the drunken chicken appy, DH had the seared beef salad. Both were really good. Dh had the shepards pie for dinner, and couldn't finish it. I had the sirloin steak. WOW, it was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful, I finished every single bite!! Dh had the chocolate dessert, I think the dunbrody kiss?? I had the creme brulee cheesecake. It was a great meal.

We have an ADR for RR on 9-18, before we go to the Cirque Show. We booked it after reading all the awesome reviews here on the DIS! Can't wait to try it out, but sorry to hear that you were sick afterwards. My DH wants to try the Heavenly Ham dish, and I just want some colcannon. I will probably end up eating the Paddy's Pork. I'll let you know how it was! ONly 11 days until we leave, and 13 until we eat there! :cool1: :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

Thanx for the review, sorry that you were unwell.

Our family also ate at Ragland Rd on 9/2. We had a reservations for 7:45. A light rain fell about 7:30 ish on our walk from the parking lot. We had a beer outside on the patio after asking for some towels to dry off the chairs.
We were seated right up front next to the stage and we had planned for the noise. We had earplugs for our 3 yr old. :goodvibes

The balloon man made 2 fine hats for our girls:thumbsup2 We started off with the goat cheese (i wish i could have more right now!),salmon and scallops. I was a little disappointed in the scallops. Rather small sized and only 4/5 of them- might have been less.
Entrees included It's not Bleeding Chowder, Paddy's Pork and the Sirloin Steak. The dessert trio was already sold out but my girls only wanted plain ice cream. I had the "kiss" and it heavenly-- my 3 yr old elbowed me out of the way to finish 1/2 of it. Hubbie had the bread pudding and it was very good too.
A wonderful meal all around and we enjoyed the way the fiddle player "flirted" with us and the rest of the crowd.

Sorry you were sick! I hope the memory of being sick passes before your next Disney trip so you can stomach eating there again.

It's funny you should mention the dipping sauce for the soda bread. I asked about it on my most recent visit. I also tasted maple and something sugary. I thought it might have been molasses. Imagine my surprise when our server said it's actually a Guinness reduction! It makes sense after you know what it is, but I wouldn't have guessed it beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter