• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Radisson Barcelo Hotel -- I Drive

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Can you tell me anything about this hotel? I am especially interested in the transportation to the parks.

Stayed there in 2003. Make sure you get a tower room as the other rooms are worn and small. As for transportation it was ok for us 2 adults. One of the first hotels to be picked up so we always had a seat. The times can also be a little bit better if i remember correctly it was 8 or 8:30 pick up and there was also a 10 or 11 pick up time. When you are leaving the park just make sure you get to the bus stop like 1/2 hour early if you want a seat it gets VERY crowed especially if this is the first bus back to the hotel.

We stayed at this hotel last year and are staying there again at the end of March. Maybe the updated their rooms since 2003? because we stayed in the older part of the hotel right by the pool and the room was very nice. It was very clean and well-decorated. There was a fridge and microwave. They had a great deal on pizza from room service-$10 for a large pizza. It's within walking distance of a lot of great things on I-Drive if you have a free day. The pool is wonderful-very, very warm and large and the pool bar is right there and the people who work there are very friendly. The laundry area is large and right off the parking lot which I liked b/c I could just back the car right up, open the laundry bag, and throw in my laundry. The one and only thing that I didn't like about this hotel is that for some reason every stairwell and every elevator smells like a urinal cake. :confused3
Not sure about transportation as we had our own car and drove ourselves to Disney. :earsboy:

I am booked to stay at the Radisson Barcelo in late July 2006. I have read horrible reviews on this place and I am really dreading staying there (already paid for through Priceline). I have read that the newer "tower" of the hotel is acceptable/much nicer. Does anyone know how I can upgrade to a room there instead of the bad part of the hotel? Since I've already prepaid through Priceline, do you think I could call the hotel and "pay" for an upgrade before our arrival in July?? Has anyone had experience with this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter