Race Reports/Encouragement/Kudos - 27 and 28 April

Big Vic

DIS Veteran
Saturday, 27 April

27 - MRS_AR () R&R Half Marathon, Nashville, TN

Sunday, 28 April

28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon, Washington DC
2gr8DisneyKids (), bunnyfoo (Vicky), irishwishes (), Tiger_Lily_03 (Lily)

28 - DisneyParrothead () Eugene Half Marathon, Eugene, OR
28 - helloirishkitty () Flower City Challenge, Rochester, NY

:jumping1: GO! WISH Team GO! :jumping1:

Saturday, 27 April

27 - MRS_AR () R&R Half Marathon, Nashville, TN

Sunday, 28 April

28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon, Washington DC
2gr8DisneyKids (), bunnyfoo (Vicky), irishwishes (), Tiger_Lily_03 (Lily)

28 - DisneyParrothead () Eugene Half Marathon, Eugene, OR
28 - helloirishkitty () Flower City Challenge, Rochester, NY

:jumping1: GO! WISH Team GO! :jumping1:

Good luck, everybody!

Good luck everyone. I was originally going to do the Country Music half, it is one of my favorite races.

Instead I just finished my new favorite race. It was a marathon relay all run inside the Cleveland Zoo. It was 22 laps of 1.19 miles. You could run it solo, or with teams of 2, 3, or 4. I put together a team of two guys and two girls and we finished 2nd overall but first co-ed team and first 4-person team. The overall winner was a 2-man team. Total time was 2:59:32.

What made it really different was that you didn't do your whole leg and pass the baton like most relays, you did one lap, then the second runner did one lap, then the third, then the fourth, and back to the first. It was really different, more like a track workout meets a marathon relay but it was a lot of fun.

Did the I Challenge this Friday/Saturday. 5k on Friday night (did okay, did not break 20 minutes, but it isn't a fast field, so I scored 4th in my age bracket, though I think I actually get ranked as third, since the winner was in my age bracket as well).

Ran the full Illinois marathon the next day. Well, finished it anyway. Of course, since I did basically no long runs since running the Goofy, I knew it would be a fairly uncomfortable experience.

I did the Nike too :D. I've been pretty sick this week on 2 antibiotics until yesterday, and I had to run with the musinex with psuedophedrine in it. This slowed my time but I still finished 2:02:53 for a PR. I maybe running another half marathon in 3 weeks on the Eastern Shore to recoup the projected finish of 1:55 I had trained for.

The course was absolutely beautiful :). So happy I got into this one.

Thx. I PR'd at Eugene, despite my right leg crapping out by mile 10. Sheer stubbornness was the only reason I finished.

Good luck everyone. I was originally going to do the Country Music half, it is one of my favorite races.

Instead I just finished my new favorite race. It was a marathon relay all run inside the Cleveland Zoo. It was 22 laps of 1.19 miles. You could run it solo, or with teams of 2, 3, or 4. I put together a team of two guys and two girls and we finished 2nd overall but first co-ed team and first 4-person team. The overall winner was a 2-man team. Total time was 2:59:32.

What made it really different was that you didn't do your whole leg and pass the baton like most relays, you did one lap, then the second runner did one lap, then the third, then the fourth, and back to the first. It was really different, more like a track workout meets a marathon relay but it was a lot of fun.

That sounds like a lot of fun! The Cleveland Zoo is a cool place too. Did the race have a name? I'd like to keep an eye out for it for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter