Race for the Taste

WatchMeEat

Hungry
Anyone ever do the Race for the Taste 10K? I'm considering signing up for it as my first 'official' 10K!

Maybe it'll be a stepping stone for next year's marathon!

I did it last year; my second event ever and really enjoyed it. It's very fun, and the time fly's by. Go for it, it's a fun event.

Did it last year and am signed up for this year. I really liked the course, started at WWoS and ran through Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

I haven't done RFTT yet, but we are signed up for our first this year. It's basically the back half/last 6 miles of the Marathon. Hope you join us!

Is it always Columbus Day weekend? I want to do it in 2010 and tie it into a cruise that we are planning.

I am seriously considering signing up. It sounds like a lot of fun

Last year I really enjoyed RFTT. It's nice because as someone said before, it's basically the last part of the marathon. So it's nice to run that part, around Yacht/Beach and through World Showcase. Also there are the food samples. Those are ok, however I didn't find myself very hungry after running 6.2 miles, but I still had some of it.

Also, the 10K medal is supposed to be different this year, so that's pretty cool as well.:thumbsup2

I did the predecessor race to RFTT, Disney's All Star Classic 10k, back in October 2002. Disney had not yet discovered the power of bling so there was no medal involved and the course was an out and back from WWOS... no parks involved. RFTT sounds much improved; I have a conflict this year but may consider next year if it survives the rumor mill.

Doing it this year, for teh 1st tiem, sucker for tbe bonis medal as we are doing the TOT.

Great race. I ran it before my first marathon. Just wanted to get a feel for a Disney race. It was a lot of fun. I didn't know at the time that it was the last 6 miles of the marathon. I would have paid more attention!

I am going to try and get there this year again. Not sure if I can make it though.

enjoy,
Duane

I am running it for the first time this year too. Making it my father's first Disney Race over 5K and a warm up for his first half in January.

Good evening,
I haven't post for a long time. I am doing the race this year. I did it in 2004 what was called then Disney's 10k classic and there was no medal at the time. I was so :sad: . But I will get one this year. I am also in training for the half-marathon in January :banana:.

Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter