Race for the Taste

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by WatchMeEat, Jul 30, 2009.

1. WatchMeEat

WatchMeEat Hungry

Anyone ever do the Race for the Taste 10K? I'm considering signing up for it as my first 'official' 10K!

Maybe it'll be a stepping stone for next year's marathon!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I did it last year; my second event ever and really enjoyed it. It's very fun, and the time fly's by. Go for it, it's a fun event.

4. suzannews

suzannews <font color=red>Bon Jovi rocks!<br><font color=gre

Did it last year and am signed up for this year. I really liked the course, started at WWoS and ran through Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

5. goofyinohio

goofyinohio DIS Veteran

I haven't done RFTT yet, but we are signed up for our first this year. It's basically the back half/last 6 miles of the Marathon. Hope you join us!

6. cwnhokie

cwnhokie DIS Veteran

Is it always Columbus Day weekend? I want to do it in 2010 and tie it into a cruise that we are planning.

7. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

I am seriously considering signing up. It sounds like a lot of fun

8. dizneyfan23

dizneyfan23 Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches o

Last year I really enjoyed RFTT. It's nice because as someone said before, it's basically the last part of the marathon. So it's nice to run that part, around Yacht/Beach and through World Showcase. Also there are the food samples. Those are ok, however I didn't find myself very hungry after running 6.2 miles, but I still had some of it.

Also, the 10K medal is supposed to be different this year, so that's pretty cool as well.:thumbsup2

9. geaux_half

geaux_half Recovering 5 Moon Half Fanatic #137

I did the predecessor race to RFTT, Disney's All Star Classic 10k, back in October 2002. Disney had not yet discovered the power of bling so there was no medal involved and the course was an out and back from WWOS... no parks involved. RFTT sounds much improved; I have a conflict this year but may consider next year if it survives the rumor mill.

10. Scott H

Scott H <font color=red>First to Magically cross from King

Doing it this year, for teh 1st tiem, sucker for tbe bonis medal as we are doing the TOT.

11. Duanerice

Duanerice DIS Veteran

Great race. I ran it before my first marathon. Just wanted to get a feel for a Disney race. It was a lot of fun. I didn't know at the time that it was the last 6 miles of the marathon. I would have paid more attention!

I am going to try and get there this year again. Not sure if I can make it though.

enjoy,
    Duane

12. K80K

K80K DIS Veteran

I am running it for the first time this year too. Making it my father's first Disney Race over 5K and a warm up for his first half in January.

13. french lady

french lady Mouseketeer

Good evening,
    I haven't post for a long time. I am doing the race this year. I did it in 2004 what was called then Disney's 10k classic and there was no medal at the time. I was so :sad: . But I will get one this year. I am also in training for the half-marathon in January :banana:.

Diane

14. ultramickeymouse

ultramickeymouse DIS Veteran

This will be my first year doing the race too! New medal sounds cool!