Rac for Southwest Air at Pop Century

Hi Gang

I too sent an email to SW asking if they'll be expanding the RAC. We're really hoping that they can get it running at AKL for the last week in August. :thumbsup2

I sent an e-mail as well...we're hoping it expands before our September trip! I'll post the response as soon as I receive it!

Ok, I will be going to POP in September flying SWA. I will be traveling by myself with 2 children. I am a little nervous about using ME as I have never used it before. Can anyone give me advice on using it in relation to bags checked through POP and SWA. Just concerned about not having my luggage and not being able to check in early enough for my flight.

Ok, I will be going to POP in September flying SWA. I will be traveling by myself with 2 children. I am a little nervous about using ME as I have never used it before. Can anyone give me advice on using it in relation to bags checked through POP and SWA. Just concerned about not having my luggage and not being able to check in early enough for my flight.

is the 2 yr old listed in your signature, doesn't really matter when you check in. You'll be allowed to board between the A's & the B's - plenty of seats at that point for you to get a row all together. And SWA bends over backwards to keep small children with their parents. But, if you want to check in at the 24hr mark, you can do that at the Guest Relations desk of any park or resort. Just have your confirmation # with you.

I know traveling with kids is stressful but this will be easy-breezy with ME. Drop your bags at your home airport & they'll magically appear in your room at POP. I haven't had the opportunity to use the new checkin being tested at POP (going in Sept too) but again, looks like you give the bags to the RAC guys at POP & pick them up at the carousel at your home airport. You'll only have to deal with the kids - no bags. Gotta love it!

Thanks for the link. I also emailed and asked to expand to other resorts soon. We are hoping that Animal Kingdom Villas will be added for our August trip.

If Southwest starts doing RAC at all resorts that would make our WDW vacations virtually care free. Truly one of the last hurdles is the luggage thing and when we used to fly USAir appreciated RAC a lot. Now we only fly SW so this would complete the picture. Email being sent now.

Hi Gang

I sent an email to Southwest asking if the RAC would be available to AKL for the end if August. Here is the response I got....

Dear Andrew,

Over the years we have heard from many Customers who have asked us to consider participating in Disney's Magical Express shuttle-and-luggage service, and we have certainly listened. Although we won't be offering this amenity at all Disney resorts, we're happy to share that we have launched a pilot program for guests staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort and will be flying on Southwest Airlines. These Customers will be able to check in for their flights and drop off their luggage before departing for Orlando International Airport.

While we don't have a definitive date as to when we might offer this service at other Disney resorts (since this initiative requires extensive time and programming to implement), please know that it is our goal to eventually expand this service to Southwest Customers staying at other Disney resorts in the future. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process, and we hope to see you onboard when your travels take you to "The Most Magical Place on Earth."

Sincerely,

Debbi, Southwest Airlines

Here is the response I received from SW...

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for your e-mail. We attempted to call you to address your inquiry but were unable to reach you. As such, we have forwarded your e-mail to our Customer Relations Department so they can provide you with a specific and detailed response. Please note the Service Request number below should you have any questions. You should receive a response within seven to 30 days. Thanks again for contacting us and for your patronage.

Sincerely,

Jesus, Southwest Airlines

I am not sure about the attempting to call me part since I have pretty much been home lately and haven't seen anything on the caller id. So I guess I am waiting for the email.

I just found out tonight that SW is doing this at Pop and am THRILLED! I am staying at Pop and 99% sure I am flying SWA out of Buffalo! This will be perfect for me!

Another reason to love SWA!!!!

A SW rep is quoted on FT as saying the 60 day test at POP went well. The service is popular with passengers. The quote said SW will be asking Disney for permission to expand the test to include additional resorts.

Hi Gang

I sent an email to Southwest asking if the RAC would be available to AKL for the end if August. Here is the response I got....

Dear Andrew,

Over the years we have heard from many Customers who have asked us to consider participating in Disney's Magical Express shuttle-and-luggage service, and we have certainly listened. Although we won't be offering this amenity at all Disney resorts, we're happy to share that we have launched a pilot program for guests staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort and will be flying on Southwest Airlines. These Customers will be able to check in for their flights and drop off their luggage before departing for Orlando International Airport.

While we don't have a definitive date as to when we might offer this service at other Disney resorts (since this initiative requires extensive time and programming to implement), please know that it is our goal to eventually expand this service to Southwest Customers staying at other Disney resorts in the future. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process, and we hope to see you onboard when your travels take you to "The Most Magical Place on Earth."

Sincerely,

Debbi, Southwest Airlines

and this is yet another reason I LOVE SouthWest! What a lovely and polite email. :goodvibes

A SW rep is quoted on FT as saying the 60 day test at POP went well. The service is popular with passengers. The quote said SW will be asking Disney for permission to expand the test to include additional resorts.

thanks for this info! :thumbsup2

I thank y'all for flying with SWA and using the new service @ the POP - I hope it is working well and encourage everyone that has used the service and/or wants to use the service to submit some feedback to Southwest via the website below....we now accept email inquiries...so that is something new and very simple to fill out and submit.

But I bet if we hear from enough folks out there - the expansion of the Resort Airline Checkin service will expand quickly!

Thanks again for the feedback - happy y'all enjoy the service!!! :cool1:

https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry

Done!

Is this only available for passengers using ME? We are renting a car for our September trip and naturally will not be utilizing ME going to or from POP, but it would be nice to check our luggage at the resort on departure day!

RAC is a completely seperate service from ME. You do not need to ride ME to use RAC. Please see the Sticky at the top of this Forum, "What Participating airline means".
Have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter