Rabbit, Hatter & Chessie Go Rogue in Christmasland.New5/11 Meet my Nemesis, Splash M.

Germany is so on the way to dinner in Mexico honey and so is Norway...

So leaving America and heading in the direction of Germany ( to grab another glass of wine...)Eric was really paying attention to the time since we had dinner ressies in Mexico so we bypassed Italy because our time was limited and we were going to be eating at Via Napoli in several days... I knew we would be spending time in the pavilion then... so off we trotted and I took this rather ordinary photo... I just think "The Romantic Road" sounds well, romantic...

100_0645.jpg

We actually wound up drinking both of our German Wines... I unfortunately don't know very much about German wines... other than they primarily grow white grapes and therefore primarily make white wine... I would like to learn more... I do know as I may have mentioned that fine German Reislings may be one of the most undervalued wines in the world (due to the modern prejudice towards drier wines... both of these whites were very pleasant and could very be easily be drunk without food...

Valckenberg Madonna Spatlese

Due to riper grapes than those from the main harvest, this Spatlese, or late harvest, has expressive fruitiness,very outgoing intensive floral bouquet, delicate sweetness and rather soft acidity

and

Valckenberg Madonna Liebfraumilch

A harmonious ensemble of rich fruitiness, a delicate sweetness, backed by a mild acidity and a lush seductive bouquet

100_0648.jpg

Again, I planned for us to explore Germany more the day we explored Italy...

Heading towards our date with dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel...there was a 5 minute stand by so we had to ride with the trolls in Norway...

Eric was not in the mood for any tomfoolery at this point... lol... so we head for our 4:45 ressie at La Hacienda... Normally this would be too early for dinner for me... and obviously too late for lunch so what were we doing here? Well, the dinner was booked as part of our Candlelight Processional Package... (which like the Fantasmic package... gets you guaranteed seating ... you aren't technically paying for the seating but you are paying for a three course meal -appetizer, entree and dessert... which you may or may not normally eat...

I was really curious about this restaurant... It's one of those places that when you read reviews... they are mixed ... some people have great experience and others really dislike it...

Well I thought the entrance was attractive...

100_0657.jpg

We were checked in and seated promptly.

It is a very pretty restaurant with a variety of really attractive features... I thought these light features very striking...

100_0659.jpg

Our server was absolutely lovely... she couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating; for example when we order margararitas ... an avocado for me and a orange mango for Eric she was anxious that we tell her if we didn't care for them... so she could exchange them... no worries... we were both happy... There was also a nice crispy basket of tortilla chips...

100_0671.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0669.jpg

She explained the CP package... one appetizer, one entree and one dessert and since our little 10 year old "man" was a Disney Adult... this applied to him as well...

Since we were all going to share we kind of ordered ensemble... for our apps... the house salad which was spinach with queso fresco, pomegranate, tomatoes, pine nuts;

100_0673.jpg

this was some kind of pineapple shrimp

100_0672.jpg

and this bad boy was the Queso Fundido

100_0674.jpg

The salad was very fresh & well composed and the shrimp had a mild spiciness are were really tasty. The Queso had some chorizo and peppers in it...and came with these cute little tortillas to serve it in...It was delicious... IT was also incredibly filling... and we still had two more courses to go...

100_0682.jpg

The entrees... a type of New York Strip served on top of mashed potatoes (with the sauce it came with on the side-for David) , a lovely grilled Tilapia, and a phenomenal Roasted Pork Tenderloin with a mole sauce and sweet potato mash...(ummm... forgive the eating before remembering to take pictures...)

100_0681.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0678.jpg

While they where all good... they Pork Tenderloin was one of the best dishes I've eaten at Disney... the Pork just fell apart, the sauce was totally yummy... as were the sweet potato mash...

OMG... its time for dessert and I'm really full but it comes with the package... so were are definitely getting it... (this is one of my issues with some of the packages... it can be a lot of food... we usually get apps and share an entree or get entrees and share an app and we almost always share a dessert unless we've planned to all get dessert and then we've eaten lighter before that course... but it was paid for so onward...

100_0684.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0685.jpg

Apples in Puffed Pastry with dulche de leche ice cream, a Mexican chocolate mousse and some Mexican sorbets & of course coffee...

They were all really tasty but nothing stood out like the Pork Loin...and when you start to get full ...really full... nothing tastes quite as good even when it is good... if that makes sense...

I would whole heartedly recommend La Hacienda (with some caveats)... it isn't Tex Mex... but more like Mexican inspired... The apps were great... I would share two apps and have the pork tenderloin...I would definitely have a drink... but I might have a dessert later... maybe at one of the bakeries... probably France if it were my choice... The atmosphere was gorgeous and the service was fabulous... If you time it right... You can see Illuminations from here...

100_0676.jpg

So after a very nice albeit overly filling experience we waddled over and into the Pyramid ... it was a little after 6 and we had the CP at 8 so we thought we'd ride the Three Amigos version of IASM... it was a nice place to digest...

100_0689.jpg

On the way out we caught the Story of the Three Kings...

100_0692.jpg

But we needed to make our way back towards the American Pavilion... in front of which the CP is held...

We passed China...

100_0696.jpg

A funny thing was happening... well not funny... ha ha... but funny uh oh...

We were all starting to crash-well 2 out of 3... It had been a longish day... earlier this morning we had been rushing to catch the plane... and that seemed a long time away at this moment...

As we approached the area where CP is held we noticed a line of people stretching done and around creeping by the water all the way back towards and past Italy...

Getting closer we realized there was another line going the other way stretching back towards Morocco...and that was our line... the line for those who had purchased the CP package...

It was only 7... our CP was at 8...

That's when I felt it...the Collective Meltdown... well to be precise... the me and David meltdown... Eric was a diehard trooper...

I had wanted to see the CP for long time... but I was so full and tired... It was only another hour... but it was an hour... we didn't have that far to go to get "home" but did I mention I was tired and didn't really feel like standing for an hour...

David had been a trooper all day... but I think looking at the line... made him a little cranky...

Seeing him cranky... made me cranky... In what was not my finest hour... I made a rash decision... "Honey I don't want to wait... I'm really tired and we've heard some of the CP while we walked by... " (which actually was true... if you've never done it before... you can see it from parts of the American Pavilion-and you can definitely hear it) combined with my 7 year old regression... In an attempt to salvage face... and turn something kind of "naughty" I was doing I tried to save face... "You know what would be really nice? I think we've had a long day and we should give our tickets to some people on the stand by side... it would be a nice thing to do..." Shameless... I was so tired that I was now willing to do something nice to ultimately benefit myself... I had sunk to really low depths... but I really couldn't handle an hour wait standing in line... So tired... so full... so childish...

So while David and I saved our spots... Eric went and gave our tickets to a Dad with two little girls in the other line... they seemed really pleased & happy to get them...which kind of made me happy while simultaneously guilty... because it wasn't totally out of pure motives...

So feeling pleased I'd soon be seeing my friends Bath & Bed, I now happily trotted towards Morocco... where David miraculously was feeling better and participating in a little Moroccan storytelling and drumming.... (since he is learning the drums... it was kind of cool...)

100_0704.jpg

Moving right along... hitting France with the International Gateway in view... we ran into the very first Photo Pass Photographer...sigh .... had to....

once...

42166700000.jpg

and again....

42166700006.jpg

& Finally through the Gateway, five minutes... & Bath and Bed...& lesson learned... DO NOT schedule a prepaid dinner/event on your first day when you've woken at 4...no matter how good an idea it may seem...

Up Next ... Day 2... Studios and So that's what 0 to 60 in 2 seconds feels like...​

What a wonderful update Patricia. I don't do Mexican, but everyone I know that has eaten there really enjoyed it.

Although you may have thought you were giving out those tickets in a sort of selfish way, I think it was a very sweet thing for you to do. I know how we all of a sudden crashed on our first night after having been up at 4:30 a.m.; I'm so glad we didnt' plan anything major our first day.

Love the picture of David in the hat from China, and the photopass pictures are great!

Phew! What a long day! La Hacienda looks delicious, and I think it is pretty in there too. Liebfraumilch is one of my very favourite German wines (and my German FIL brings it to me all of the time :rotfl:) I'm not a big white wine drinker (I prefer red) but that one is my favourite.

I am going to blame your inability to see CP on the avocado margarita. It is just TOO heavy of a drink to have WITH dinner. I had it last December prior to dinner at LaHacienda and we ended up taking a good portion of our entree home (which several days later made a wonderful late night dinner). So I get the too tired to wait an hour in line thing.

I've done CP package once and I didn't wait in the line. Just went in 10 minutes before the show. OK - I didn't get the best seat, but I had a seat and could see everything so I was happy.

Great update! So glad you loved your meal. Sounds lovely.

I really loved La Hacienda but definitely had a food coma after as well! One margarita, one app that I couldn't even make a dent in and then the taco trio and I need a wheelbarrow to get out of there. I can see how that after a long day would wipe you out.

Not childish. Not selfish. Pragmatic and in the best interest of your trip, plus pixie dusting someone elses! Good choices all around I think.

That was a full day!

I would have also skipped and went to bed. When we get cranky we disappear to rest. Wise Choice!

Dinner sounded very good

:goodvibes

LOVE your TR so far! Sorry I'm coming in so late! Thought I subbed, but apparently I did not!

So, your TR has inspired me and made me realize that even this know it all does NOT know all things Disney! Such as the wine walk~! Never heard about this before.. maybe because I do not drink wine?

and the romantic road sign? happening on our date nights in our wedding ears!

and last but not east, never saw the Daruma dolls and may need to also get one!

OK, now back to everything else! Yay for DVC membership! Jealy!

and that grumpy dad, I get that! hate when they don't actually say whats buggin them! You seemed to handle it well~~!

Love that little owl, I'm sure Kayla will pick one up with her gift cards!

So while, I appreciate your review of La Hacienda, I am still scared to try it.. what is the sauce on the pork like?

Very sweet what yall did for that family, despite your motives! Sorry you missed it though!

Looking forward to day 2, and thanks again for the new dis stuff! Wrote it all down!

100_0645.jpg

We actually wound up drinking both of our German Wines... I unfortunately don't know very much about German wines... other than they primarily grow white grapes and therefore primarily make white wine... I would like to learn more... I do know as I may have mentioned that fine German Reislings may be one of the most undervalued wines in the world (due to the modern prejudice towards drier wines... both of these whites were very pleasant and could very be easily be drunk without food...

Valckenberg Madonna Spatlese

Due to riper grapes than those from the main harvest, this Spatlese, or late harvest, has expressive fruitiness,very outgoing intensive floral bouquet, delicate sweetness and rather soft acidity

and

Valckenberg Madonna Liebfraumilch

A harmonious ensemble of rich fruitiness, a delicate sweetness, backed by a mild acidity and a lush seductive bouquet

I love taking that photo, too. There is something sweet about that sign.

I love German wines. I am not a fan of uber dry wines, and have learned to shop for new wines by country. Namely, colder countries. Not that I never drink dry wines, but I do like the middle & lightly sweeter ones for socializing and sipping. Thanks for posting the wine description too!

Your hubby not being up for "tom foolery" cracks me up and sounds just like my hubby. If we have a ressie, he has to get there early and I drive him nuts with stopping here and there along the way. And everyone knows that the dump shop in Norway is perfect for Viking Tom Foolery -- how can you resist the huge troll and swords and viking hats!:rotfl2:
!

I thought these light features very striking...

100_0659.jpg

100_0673.jpg

this was some kind of pineapple shrimp

100_0672.jpg

and this bad boy was the Queso Fundido

100_0674.jpg

The salad

100_0682.jpg

The entrees... a type of New York Strip served on top of mashed potatoes (with the sauce it came with on the side-for David) , a lovely grilled Tilapia, and a phenomenal Roasted Pork Tenderloin with a mole sauce and sweet potato mash...(ummm... forgive the eating before remembering to take pictures...)

100_0681.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0678.jpg

While they where all good... they Pork Tenderloin was one of the best dishes I've eaten at Disney... the Pork just fell apart, the sauce was totally yummy... as were the sweet potato mash...

OMG... its time for dessert and I'm really full but it comes with the package.
100_0684.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0685.jpg

If you time it right... You can see Illuminations from here...

100_0676.jpg
We ate there in June and really enjoyed it but I swear the light fixtures were red! Were you in the room with the view (above)? Maybe that's why the lights were different. Your dessert choices were definitely different than ours too. The sorbets are right up my alley, I would have gotten them for sure. and I remember Joe had a nasty strawberry thing. it was icky, but my dessert was MMMMMMM

100_0704.jpg

42166700000.jpg

and again....

42166700006.jpg

Love your end of the day family shots. I do think that photopass photographers are not as plentiful in Epcot as they are in other parks.

I don't think that the family that got your CP tickets minded your reasons. Nice is nice, even if it was also in your best interest to go home and crash. I can only imagine how tired you all were, esp considering that huge meal!

All caught up! Great first day! I totally agree with not scheduling a late night after an early morning. We usually fly early and need to crash early too. In April we're taking an afternoon flight for the first time. No parks the first day though. We'll see how that goes. Can't wait to read more!!

Glad you found your way back to the DIS!! :goodvibes

What a wonderful update Patricia. I don't do Mexican, but everyone I know that has eaten there really enjoyed it.

Hey Kathy...:wave2: It really was a lovely meal... lovely space... just very filling...:rolleyes1

Although you may have thought you were giving out those tickets in a sort of selfish way, I think it was a very sweet thing for you to do. I know how we all of a sudden crashed on our first night after having been up at 4:30 a.m.; I'm so glad we didnt' plan anything major our first day.

I'm glad that someone else was able to enjoy them...:goodvibes I was just sad that I knew I was doing it out of purely altruistic motives... but it did have a good ending all the same... I have learned my lesson about scheduling any evening events when I have a wake up time of 4:30... :rolleyes:

Love the picture of David in the hat from China, and the photopass pictures are great!

Yes He has a bit of a hat affinity... like Mark...:lmao: Thanks... I think the PP pictures came out pretty well too...:goodvibes

Phew! What a long day! La Hacienda looks delicious, and I think it is pretty in there too. Liebfraumilch is one of my very favourite German wines (and my German FIL brings it to me all of the time :rotfl:) I'm not a big white wine drinker (I prefer red) but that one is my favourite.

Hacienda is really good... and very pretty... I have to read up on German wines... I really enjoyed them... they were good and would make great aperitifs...before a meal or just to drink by themselves... I like red too... but usually with a meal... seeking a good red just for drinking on its own...

I am going to blame your inability to see CP on the avocado margarita. It is just TOO heavy of a drink to have WITH dinner. I had it last December prior to dinner at LaHacienda and we ended up taking a good portion of our entree home (which several days later made a wonderful late night dinner). So I get the too tired to wait an hour in line thing.

LOL... thank you for the excuse...:lmao: but yes the AM was very filling... I think it would be better just as a drink in the Ditch as an afternoon break/snack...;) Lesson learned...;)

I've done CP package once and I didn't wait in the line. Just went in 10 minutes before the show. OK - I didn't get the best seat, but I had a seat and could see everything so I was happy.

Good plan! It's so much about the music... I don't think you need "premium seating..." I just couldn't handle the line and I really didn't want to go in to hear the Nativity story in a horrible mood... seems wrong somehow...

Great update! So glad you loved your meal. Sounds lovely.

I really loved La Hacienda but definitely had a food coma after as well! One margarita, one app that I couldn't even make a dent in and then the taco trio and I need a wheelbarrow to get out of there. I can see how that after a long day would wipe you out.

Yes I'm thinking that it's definitely a sharing kind of place... get apps... share entree or get two apps but three courses is WAY too much...

Not childish. Not selfish. Pragmatic and in the best interest of your trip, plus pixie dusting someone elses! Good choices all around I think.

Thanks... I think it was a good salvage in the end...

LOVE your TR so far! Sorry I'm coming in so late! Thought I subbed, but apparently I did not!

Hey Jenn...:welcome: to the TR...

So, your TR has inspired me and made me realize that even this know it all does NOT know all things Disney! Such as the wine walk~! Never heard about this before.. maybe because I do not drink wine? Really fun... takes you into places in France , Italy and Germany you may not have been...:thumbsup2

and the romantic road sign? happening on our date nights in our wedding
ears! I love that corny sign... Wedding Ears would be perfect there...great photo op...:thumbsup2

and last but not east, never saw the Daruma dolls and may need to also get one!

I love that kind of stuff... fingers crossed... David gets to color in both eyes...

OK, now back to everything else! Yay for DVC membership! Jealy!

It's pretty cool...:thumbsup2

and that grumpy dad, I get that! hate when they don't actually say whats buggin them! You seemed to handle it well~~! Yeah... He's was really upset with himself.... he takes it as his personal responsibility to make sure we're all on track... so on one hand it's sort of gallant but on the other hand I can't help if you don't tell me what the prob is....

Love that little owl, I'm sure Kayla will pick one up with her gift cards!

Great choice for her... from one owl lover to another...;)

So while, I appreciate your review of La Hacienda, I am still scared to try it.. what is the sauce on the pork like?

Hmmm it was more smoky than spicy... it was really good...they can adjust and put things on the side... the pork was so tender and the mashed sweets were so good...it was really really good...the steak was good also... and I did have them put the sauce on the side on that... the potatoes under that were white potatoes mashed with some kind of sour creme underneath... very good as well...;)

Very sweet what yall did for that family, despite your motives! Sorry you missed it though!

I'm glad they were able to enjoy it because I just wasn't going to make it that night... I'm sorry I missed it but I learned a lesson about planning... Can't get up at 4 and do night events...

Looking forward to day 2, and thanks again for the new dis stuff! Wrote it all down!

Day 2 in the works... hopefully post part of it tomorrow...

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
I love taking that photo, too. There is something sweet about that sign.

I know it is just a sweet sign...

I love German wines. I am not a fan of uber dry wines, and have learned to shop for new wines by country. Namely, colder countries. Not that I never drink dry wines, but I do like the middle & lightly sweeter ones for socializing and sipping. Thanks for posting the wine description too!

Hmm... interesting Germany is colder... Canada makes some ice wine that is really sweet and very delicious ... you drink it in smaller quantities though...

Your hubby not being up for "tom foolery" cracks me up and sounds just like my hubby. If we have a ressie, he has to get there early and I drive him nuts with stopping here and there along the way. And everyone knows that the dump shop in Norway is perfect for Viking Tom Foolery -- how can you resist the huge troll and swords and viking hats!:rotfl2:
!

lol... exactly...isn't the journey half the fun...:rotfl2:? I like to tease about him being the hunter vs me being the gatherer but honestly you do need a little bit of both...:thumbsup2

We ate there in June and really enjoyed it but I swear the light fixtures were red! Were you in the room with the view (above)? Maybe that's why the lights were different. Your dessert choices were definitely different than ours too. The sorbets are right up my alley, I would have gotten them for sure. and I remember Joe had a nasty strawberry thing. it was icky, but my dessert was MMMMMMM

I think they changed the dessert menu... did his have some kind of guava paste?... I think I remember reading that on an All Ears menu... but they def changed desserts...

Love your end of the day family shots. I do think that photopass photographers are not as plentiful in Epcot as they are in other parks.

Yes... they need more PP photogs in Epcot... they always have the ones in front of Spaceship Earth... but I think they def need more... the ones in France at night were a nice surprise...:goodvibes

I don't think that the family that got your CP tickets minded your reasons. Nice is nice, even if it was also in your best interest to go home and crash. I can only imagine how tired you all were, esp considering that huge meal!

[/CENTER]

Thanks... I'm glad that they didn't go to waste...

Can't wait to read more!

Hey Yellowweaver...:welcome: Thanks... more is coming tomorrow for sure...

All caught up! Great first day! I totally agree with not scheduling a late night after an early morning. We usually fly early and need to crash early too. In April we're taking an afternoon flight for the first time. No parks the first day though. We'll see how that goes. Can't wait to read more!!

Glad you found your way back to the DIS!! :goodvibes

Hey Amy,

Yes... no more early flights with any late nights planned... I think I like the early flight for a short trip... but if you're going for a week or more later would probably be the way to go...

It's nice being back on the Dis...:goodvibes

Great update! I would love to try La Hacienda someday, but I'm weird about Mexican food, I only like a little bit at a time, so I've stayed away so far! But everything you had doesn't seem all that strange, so maybe I could actually eat there someday! :cool1:

Ugh, I know that feeling all too well, when you are just done at Disney! :rotfl2: It's too bad you guys had to miss the CP, but that was nice of you to give your seats away, and sometimes it's better to just go back to the resort and rest up for the remainder of the trip that's still ahead of you! :cool1: Gotta love staying at an Epcot resort and just walking back! :thumbsup2

Great update! I would love to try La Hacienda someday, but I'm weird about Mexican food, I only like a little bit at a time, so I've stayed away so far! But everything you had doesn't seem all that strange, so maybe I could actually eat there someday! :cool1:

You might want to give it a go...:thumbsup2 It felt more to me like it was Mexican inspired and they were very good about adjusting flavors/sauces where they could...

Ugh, I know that feeling all too well, when you are just done at Disney! :rotfl2: It's too bad you guys had to miss the CP, but that was nice of you to give your seats away, and sometimes it's better to just go back to the resort and rest up for the remainder of the trip that's still ahead of you! :cool1: Gotta love staying at an Epcot resort and just walking back! :thumbsup2

I really felt like a child who might have a tantrum if I didn't get back to bed and bath...:cloud9: I guess I learned my limits... and even though it didn't happen out of the most pure motives...I hope that family enjoyed the CP...:)

Ummm... Germany moved to Philadelphia?... or I don't think we're in Epcot anymore...

Smack Dab in the middle of December, I was in the mood for a little quick holiday cheer, it had been a long busy weekend...it was Sunday, we had cleaned up from the sleepover and Emily had to be a school to help break down the sets from her school play...

I thought a fun, festive and not crazy expensive lunch was in order and I had been curious to try a newish Philadelphia Place... Frankford Hall... Since I had never tried the Biergarten in Epcot ... lol....

I thought this would be interesting & fun... It is supposed to be a Modern Interpretation of a Munich Style Beer Hall... family friendly (at least during the day) so I thought we'd give it a go...

It's right outside what in Philly we call Center City... it's actually in one of the neighborhoods close to the Center, Fishtown.... this area has been discovered by artists and younger couples and families trying to get affordable housing in/close to the city...

We arrived...

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

This particular day... Santa was going to be there as well as carolers... bonus...!

IMG_1339.jpg

While I don't drink beer very often... (maybe 3-4 times a year?- I find it too filling..) I was interested in both the wines,and the warm apple cider spiked with snapps, Eric had a hard cider and David got a huge stein of H20... ,- there was mulled wine which I had after the cider... they had a fairly extensive drink selection...

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

The menu isn't huge but we did find fun lunch/snack items...

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

Pretzel...(this is the small one...)

IMG_1363.jpg

Spatzle-this has bacon and just a bit of brussel sprouts in it... really good

IMG_1364.jpg

Bauerwurst, red cabbage....

IMG_1365.jpg

they also had other stuff....(they have a chicken dish, a pork dish... & on the weekend there are breakfast foods...) I hope that one of our resident experts on things German...as she is German... Magdalene (aka Flossbolna) comes out to play soon... (Miss you...:worried:)

It was a great, warm atmosphere... lots of families, lots of young couples...very eccletic crowd...

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

We got there at about noon and by the time we left at 1:30-- all of these tables were completely filled...

IMG_1344.jpg

Awesome Santa... 9.5 out of 10...

IMG_1373.jpg

You don't even know it Eric... but Santa always sees...

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

David also loved the fact that there are fooze ball & ping pong tables scattered throughout... and they had jenga blocks/games...

I'm just really curious what beer halls or biergartens actually serve in Germany and if they sort of serve a similar function as English pubs...

We will definitely be going back...

And Now Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming... DAY 2... Disney Studios... Coming UP

I am now a RnRC Beast... not... maybe a Bunny Rabbit?

What a difference a warm bath and a good night's sleep can have on your perspective...

I woke up... feeling great and ready to go... after all, I was at DISNEY. Eric went down to grab some oatmeal for me and bagels for him and David down at the Marketplace...(if I had one complaint about the Beach Club...and it's really pretty minor... it's probably the pickings at the Resort Counter Service... (granted you can take a walk across to the Boardwalk Bakery and you can have sit down at the Cape May Cafe or go across to Kouzzina...( but it isn't the same as a full service... quick serve/counter service like the Mara at the AKL-) but as I am a big fan of the two Lodge resorts too... Wilderness and Animal Kingdom... it makes sense)

Anyway I was perfectly content with my oatmeal and a LARGE coffee and so we set out for today's park... Disney Studios...

Have I mentioned how much I love the BC location... right down to the dock to catch the ferry to the Studios...
with some of these gorgeous views...

IMG_0725.jpg

Well as we approached the Studios... we went over the plan... Hatter was off to run and get Fast Passes for TSM...(we were there about 5 minutes past rope drop...) and Rabbit and I were off to stroll down towards RnRC... (We were going to skip ToT... we rode last year (2011) in California Adventure and while David was ok with it... he didn't love it and he said it made his legs feel shaky...) since this is really the only ride he's not gung ho about I was fine skipping it this time... since neither of us had ridden RockNRoller Coaster...

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

Hmmmm to be honest... I really wasn't sure how I was feeling about this... On one hand I really wanted to ride it... (It is/was the only Dis thrill ride I haven't done... plus I don't want to be the parent that my kids remember as not having ridden with them...(I know some people have serious motion sickness issues...but I don't and I wasn't going to lie about it) plus I had ridden California Screamin last year again at California Adventure (and survived and thrived...:)... & I've ridden all the other Dis "thrill" rides...so this would happen...

My biggest problem isn't the upside down or the corkscrews...

It's the acceleration -that take off... California Screamin goes from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, RnRC in 2... There's something about that acceleration that I find -I don't know -discombobulating? (My immediate reaction is to screw my eyes shut...

I'm fine once I settle in... & the pre stress of thinking about it... like the building it up... is way worse than the actual ride...

Anyhow... I'm glad we were pretty much able to walk on -very fun theming...(after Eric showed up with fast passes for TSM for 1:00 (seriously this was 9:15 and our FP's for TSm were at 1...If you don't get them by 10 are they pretty much just gone?) we just walked right on... I just marched right on ... before I could think about it too much...

the take off pretty much freaked me out... and I did keep my eyes closed... not on purpose it was like I couldn't open them... about 1/2 way through I did open them...and when I did... I quite enjoyed the rest of it... I really need to figure out how to keep my eyes open and and not instinctively close them... Any suggestions?

But I have to admit that I was pretty pleased that I did it and actually look forward to trying it out again... So pleased was I that I briefly considered one of these...

IMG_0731.jpg

Proof I really DID IT!!!

100_0733.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Feeling that pleased feeling you get when you've done something that makes you nervous... we headed to Starring Rolls and I wanted a photo passing this...the Carthay Theatre... site of the premiere of Snow White and a new replica houses a new restaurant at California Adventure that I desperately want to try...

100_0743.jpg

We made our way down to Starring Rolls... because I wanted to try one of these (Starring Rolls was jammed... it was about 9:45 and seating was at a premium.... I'm assuming a lot of people have their breakfasts here?

The Red Velvet was pretty darn tasty... nice moist cake, cream cheese icing,... I thought the butterfinger crumbles added nice texture but I was conflicted if they made it a bit tooo sweet... overall though a winner....

IMG_0739.jpg

We headed over to Star Tours... love us some Star Wars... with a stop for the nice Photopass Photog...

42166700022.jpg

on ward to Star Tours...

This stormtrooper didn't not want any stopping for photos...Eric took one anyone... Doesn't David look a little bit nervous?

100_0745.jpg

I love this ride... and I love the walk through as well....

100_0746.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

I have to say this really is one of the best drop shops ....

IMG_0744.jpg

I really, really thought about it...

and they had these ....

100_0749.jpg

Make your own mini droids...with lego like parts...with Dis accessory add ons...

Super fun...

OMG... I thought the boys were going to implode with the excitement of the thing...

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

After they were made it was time for our lunch ressies at the Sci Fi....

I love Sci Fi because David loves it so much in there-its infectuous... those film clips... I wish Disney would sell copies of that reel that plays... I believe it's about a half hour... & surely there are enough B Sci Fi flicks from the 50s and 60s that they could update and make a new one for the Diner...

I had a salad and Eric had a burger and we split...David had a burger...( I know this place takes a lot of knocks over its food but we've found the burgers to be tasty as well as the shakes... which is perfect for what it is... a drive in... I think its an attraction on its own...)

IMG_0757.jpg

100_0750.jpg

Hmmm...So no we had a date with Phineas and Ferb and then our TSM fast passes but first taking care of business... more coffee for me in Writer's Stop...

Looking for P & F... & We've Got the Golden Fast Pass for TSM...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter