R.I.P. Dueling Dragons

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
:sad:

According to a few sources from screamscape.com, the dragon statues have been....destroyed...

Why would they do that? Why not do something else with them?? I hope it isn't true, but it sounds like it is.

RIP
DuelingDragonsEntrance.jpg

They're definitely gone but there was hope that they were just going to repaint them and bring them back or something

The dragons are gone but the coaster is still there, that's the most important part.
Are they just going to re-theme it?

I wonder if the dragons were just more difficult to move than to recreate?

Where they destroyed or just moved? Harry does battle a dragon in Goblet of Fire. Maybe they are relocating the dragons?

They're definitely gone but there was hope that they were just going to repaint them and bring them back or something
I don't know anything about HP but it seems to me dragons and unicorns are in the stories...yes? no? I can't imagine they would take out the coasters. Maybe Universal will build bigger and better statues? :confused3

Metro-
Yes there are many mythical creatures in HP. Dragons, unicorns, hippogriffs, centuars the works

Dragons are important in "Goblet of Fire" , Harry has to battle with one in order to get an egg for a clue in the Tri-Wizard Tournement
Ron (Harry's BFF) brother works with Dragons in Romania
From the shape of the dragons that were outside DD, I would think US would keep them and add an egg for it to protect. Then base the DD roller coaster off that scene from the HP books/movies. Change the seats to be brooms. PRESTO HP ride.

I don't know anything about HP but it seems to me dragons and unicorns are in the stories...yes? no? I can't imagine they would take out the coasters. Maybe Universal will build bigger and better statues? :confused3

They are keeping the coasters, yes, but not the dragon theme apparently

Unless they do something bigger and better to the theme, they just made the ride less cool!!!

Metro-
Yes there are many mythical creatures in HP. Dragons, unicorns, hippogriffs, centuars the works

Dragons are important in "Goblet of Fire" , Harry has to battle with one in order to get an egg for a clue in the Tri-Wizard Tournement
Ron (Harry's BFF) brother works with Dragons in Romania
From the shape of the dragons that were outside DD, I would think US would keep them and add an egg for it to protect. Then base the DD roller coaster off that scene from the HP books/movies. Change the seats to be brooms. PRESTO HP ride.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought HP had those creatures in the movies/books.

:sad2: :sad1: :sad: I can't believe it ... I just hope they are repainted and put back where they belong. if not it is indeed a very sad day .

I think they will do a broomstick race of some kind of it. Not that I like the idea.

If they do re-theme the ride, it shouldn't be that much different from the previous one........I think

Yes I can verify.We were there yesterday>>:sad2: Dragons are gone!!

NOT THE RIDE,THANK ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The title of this thread scared the beejeebus out of me! I thought the ride closed. Sacrilege!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter