Quicken Basic Users

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
When I opened Quicken today, I got a message that said that I would need to update Quicken by April of this year in order to be able to do downloads from my credit cards, banks etc. I was expecting to see this since I am running Quicken 2005 and they do this to you every few years.

So I went to look for the 2008 version of Quicken Basic. Guess what! It does not exist! You can only get Quicken Deluxe (which retails for $60) or above. The "Basic" version of Quicken is now a "Starter" version and will not allow you to import all of your old Quicken information. :mad:

So I did a search for Quicken and found a place where I can download Quicken 2007 Deluxe for $14.95. So that is what I am doing now. It will keep me going for another 2 years (I hope.)

Just thought that I would let you know...no more Quicken Basic. :(

Do you actually use the download function? If not, then keep using your version. I just recently upgraded my Quicken 2000 version (wish I wouldn't have though...) and they sent me that same message YEARS ago. Your software will still work, they just won't support that particular functionality. I waited for so long because I liked the version I had and to me it wasn't worth the additional expense of upgrading every few years. I mean really....how many improvements can they make to "checkbook" software! The only reason I upgraded was because I got a fabulous, supercheap deal and I figured that eventually I would have to from a system perspective. Now that I have it...I liked the old version much better.

Do you actually use the download function? If not, then keep using your version.

Yes I do. I have all of my bank accounts and credit cards entered into Quicken and do the downloads daily. Or I would just forget about upgrading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter