Quick Reviews - A week on DDP

Dreamer24

Mouseketeer
Dining reviews are always helpful for me so I wanted to share mine. I’ll try to keep it short because I didn’t take pics. We had a lot of great food!

Table Service:
Captain’s Grille at the Yacht Club – Absolutley fabulous! Empty restaurant, but we were there right when they opened. My husband had crab cakes for an appetizer and the pork chop. He was very happy with both. I had the Alaskan king crab legs, delicious and then we shared a chocolate profiterole for dessert. Dinner was wonderful and the service was great.

Kona Café – Breakfast – I had the macadamia nut pancakes which were fantastic. Way too large of a portion. I had bacon on the side which was awful. I also had a mocha cappuccino which was ok. My husband had the big kahuna and he really enjoyed it. Our server was not great. Did not explain what we get on DDP, took our orders and he never returned to our table. Someone else brought our food and our check although we saw our server at other tables.

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater – It was a fun atmosphere to try. My husband had the burger and I had the chicken sandwich. They were good but nothing compared to our other TS meals. The strawberry and oreo shakes were both delicious. We got the fruit salads for dessert to bring home for breakfast the next day. We had skipped lunch that day so we went 2 hours before our ADR to see if they had openings and we were seated

San Angel Inn – I had the pollo a las rajas. It was ok. I am a very picky/plain eater so if you are looking for a spicier dish, this is not for you. My husband had the soup which he enjoyed, and the beef dish which he said was ok. Our service was not great and we waited about 25 minutes for our server to come back and take our dessert order. I don’t remember what our desserts were. They were not too memorable I guess!

Le Cellier – This was our first time eating here and I have to say, after all that I’ve read, I had extremely high expectations! The server was wonderful. The pretzel bread was delicious and we asked for more. I had the chicken but substituted mashed potatoes for the side. It was great. My husband had the New York strip and said it was incredible. For dessert, we split the smores and got an apple tart to go. Both were very good. We left the restaurant saying we’d try for reservations again on our next trip!

Tutto Italia – Dinner was fantastic. Much better than the meal we had at Alfredos a few years ago. We had 2 servers and both were great. I had the penne caprese. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the mozzarella was very fresh. My husband had the cantaloni and said it was great and a perfect portion size. For dessert, I had the profiterole and it was wonderful and my husband had the lemoncello cheesecake which he said was delicious! We each had an espresso and it was very good!

Kouzzina – I was a little nervous about this based on the reviews we had and my husband has spent time in Greece and loved the food there. We arrived about 40 minutes early and were seated immediately. The service was wonderful. We split the saganoki for an appetizer. I really enjoyed the lemon flavor to it. I had the chicken. I love cinnamon and thought this was delicious! The herbed orzo was fantastic! My husband had the fisherman stew and loved it! For dessert, we both had the luminares which were extremely fresh and fantastic. We will return to Kouzzina.

Counter Service:
Gasperillas Grille, GF counter service – we had a couple of lunches here (bacon cheeseburger, grilled chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets) and a couple of breakfasts (mickey waffles, egg, bacon and cheese on a croissant, breakfast platter, apple Danish, blueberry muffins) and we were happy with all of these meals. My one disappointment was the bacon was horrible. It just tasted like grease and I love bacon!

Counter service at Morocco – My husband had the sampler platter and enjoyed it but it was very messy. Baklava was the only dessert option on the DDP. He said it was ok.
Counter service in America – I had the pulled pork sandwich which was not very good. The bun was falling apart as I tried to eat it. I barely got half way through before it was a pile of slop so I didn’t finish. I had a mickey rice crispy treat for dessert.

Pinnochio Village Haus – My husband had the meatball sub which he enjoyed along with the strawberry cheese cake which he said was surprisingly good for counter service. I had a pizza and it wasn’t gourmet but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I’ve heard it described! I had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

Cosmic Rays – This place was a mad house! I didn’t like the set up with different lines. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with a brownie for dessert and my husband had a cheeseburger with chocolate cake. We both enjoyed the toppings bar. Neither of us liked the meals because the buns were just awful. They completely fell apart. The brownie was awful! We probably would not return to Cosmic Rays.

Electric Umbrella – We shared the chicken nuggets and chocolate chip cookies. Nothing special but not bad either.

Snack Credits:
Dole whips – my husband had this twice and of course loved it both time
Main street bakery – we made several trips here – 2 cinnamon rolls, delish as always, one apple turnover, huge but not great, and one chocolate croissant, pretty good
Main St Ice cream parlor – ice cream float, huge disappointment. One tiny scoop of ice cream in a large cup of flat coke
Starring Rolls – Cheese Danish which was wonderful and a chocolate peanut butter cupcake - very good but about the size of 3 cupcakes!
The place next to starring rolls – Candy apple, 2 chocolate covered strawberries. Both were good but I was disappointed that each strawberry was a snack credit
France – chocolate croissant and apple tart – both were fabulous!

Out of Pocket:
Kusafari in Animal Kingdom – I should start out by saying I am a coffee snob. I only drink espresso and espresso based drinks, not American coffee and I am very picky. At home, I have it every day but rarely try it in Disney. I heard this place was good so we gave it a try. Espresso – if I ever drank tar, I’d imagine this is what it would taste like. Cappuccino – tar mixed with milk. Disgusting! The cinnamon roll was very dry and disappointing.

That sums up our eating

I loved your helpful reviews! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Buns that crumble--seriously--does Disney not read these and other boards? They would have to be deaf to not hear the outcry over these disgusting buns. I am thinking that they got into an unbreakable contract with some Orlando bread bakery that they can't get out of. It just makes no sense!

The chocolate dipped strawberry snack caught my eye. I know that is an outrageously bad value that you only get one with your snack credit--but I do love a good chocolate dipped strawberry!

Nice report.

Regarding those buns are WDW. DLR has the same ones and is why I won't eat anymore CS burgers there. I had one about a year or so ago at Tomorrowland Terrace and the thing just fell apart in my hands. I should have returned it and got my money back. :confused3 I miss Mickey D's.

nice review...thanks!

By the way, if that's the same "brownie" at Cosmic Rays that they served last May, one of the reasons it's so awful is because it's a no-sugar-added dessert...i.e., it's not a "real" brownie at all. My daughter tried it and just about spewed the first bite (I tried to tell her not to order it - in case it was full of sugar alcohols as sweeteners - those can wreak havoc on the tummy. But she went ahead & ordered it anyway because she's used to having good sugar-free gum & sugar-free soda...so she thought a sugar-free baked item would be just as tasty. :sad2: Wrong. :sad2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter