Quick question...

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Melissa<3Disney, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Melissa<3Disney

Melissa<3Disney Mouseketeer

Let me start off by saying, that I am so glad there is a board to read lots of info for the disabled at the parks. Our trip with my sister will be a much easier one in Oct. and a happier one for her as well!!

So the back story goes like this, my sister has hydrocephalus, it's a pretty severe form and she can't walk or talk and has a specialized wheelchair for herself. Even though she can't talk she is a spitfire of a girl and has a pretty funny personality to boot!! :goodvibes My question is this, has anyone ever used the in room babysitter for a disabled child before?! We are planning to do a short day at the waterparks, on one of the days of our trips and while we will probably take her with us, we were curious if the in room babysitters have ever dealt with anyone in our condition. The only problem with waterparks is that there is not a whole lot for her to enjoy, and she gets a little antsy being in a pool for too long, and we don't want her to be out in the heat for that long. Our park days are slightly easier because we start early in the morning and then take a break mid day and sit in a restaurant to cool down, and do our shows when it's really hot out, and then finish up rides in the evening. With a waterpark it's hard to do that.

We're also a little nervous about this as well, since we are pretty attached to her as you can tell!! haha Leaving her with someone we don't know would be very difficult. We always bring her with us where ever we go, but we want her to have a good time as well! Like I said we will probably bring her and a couple of us will just leave a little earlier than the rest, so she won't be out there that long. But we are just curious as to whether this was even an option. Thanks so much for any opinions u guys can give me! :thumbsup2

2. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I would suggest calling Fairy Godmothers Sitting Service at 407-277-3724. They do in-room sitting and their sitters are well-quailified. If you are able to explain the situation and needs to them, they will be able to assist you.

3. Melissa<3Disney

Melissa<3Disney Mouseketeer

Awesome thank you so much! I am calling tomorrow to change one of our dining ressies so I will call them as well!! Do you know how much the in room sitters run?