Quick question (thrill rides)

scguy843

Earning My Ears
Do any of you put your hands up during thrill rides??

Do CMs warn you not to do that??

If you do it will they stop you in the middle of the ride and warn you not to do it or kick you off the ride??

I have a habit of doing that and I just want to know what to expect...

The only ones i do not put my hands up on are space mountain and rockin roller coaster because you can't see anything and i'm terrified that i'm going to lose a limb LOL

No, they don't stop a ride if you do that, no they don't tell you not to :) The ones that you shouldn't do it on, have signs posted that say not to. Just listen to CMs and pay attention to your surroundings :)

Never had a CM tell me to keep my hands "down", just "inside the vehicle".

There are (unconfirmed?) reports of people getting their arms low bridged on SpM.

Also I have seen someone touch the roof of the tunnels on BTMR.

Just don't be an idiot about it, and you'll be fine.:goodvibes

I stick my arms up on most of them except Space Mountain. I can actually reach the ceiling of the tunnel when you first start and that made me nervous. Can't see anything after that, but I didn't want to risk being able to reach anything else!

On Big Thunder Mountain, there are spots where it looks like you *could* touch stuff, but I never actually did touch anything.

To me, however, the biggest arm concern is during the safari. In many cases, animals are RIGHT THERE next to the safari truck. I wouldn't want my arm pinched, gouged, bitten, etc. because I stupidly stuck it out.

IMG_0816.jpg

About 2 seconds after I snapped this photo, this fella was close enough that my DD could've reached out and scratched him.

For the first time this trip we heard someone grumble about the rude people in front of them (us) putting their hands up and ruining the ride picture for them. We always put our hands up and always will. Sorry if our enjoyment covers your faces in the picture. It happens to us, too, when we end up in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter