quick question before I leave for WDW

luv 2 fish

Earning My Ears
I have asthma, and today my mom tells me(5 days before we leave) that I have to have my inhalior(sp) on me at all time. She carries one of those phanny packs. She wants me to get one too, and i am refusing to. Is there anyother way anyone can think of about carrying my medicine with me.

luv 2 fish said:
I have asthma, and today my mom tells me(5 days before we leave) that I have to have my inhalior(sp) on me at all time. She carries one of those phanny packs. She wants me to get one too, and i am refusing to. Is there anyother way anyone can think of about carrying my medicine with me.
My DS also has asthma, and I agree with your Mom. The one thing you don't want to do is be in the middle of an asthma attack, and your Mom and her fanny pack somewhere else in the park. You can buy small fanny packs that are not even noticable under clothing and keep it in there. Putting it in a pocket is not a good idea because it could very easily fall out. Please listen to your Mom on this one. She's only looking out for you!

ok here is how my daughter carried her inhaler all through middle and high school. WE took some surgical tape and wrapped it around the container and then made a tab. Then we pinned it to her belt loop. Another idea would be to get a pipe holder to fit it and clip that to you belt. I keep my insulin and meter in a small backpack made by husky with can be clipped to my belt or waist. It is not a fanny pack and doesn't look like one.

If you live close to a medical supply store you might go by one. There are specially made holders for inhalers that clip on to key chains/belt loops. This might be more convenient for you.

I have to keep my son's emergency meds with me at all times (he is 4 yrs old so doesn't carry them himself yet).

I hate waistpacks but I have found many types of small purses with long straps that I can wear across my chest (over the shoulder - the bag hangs down near my arm around my waist).

Here are some types: http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/wal..._nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=20442 If that link won't work it is the baggallini small wallet bagg (yes with 2 g's!). You can find that at ebags.com and other places.

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7624_5205.html

I tried to point to ones that come in interesting colors and patterns since I'm guessing you might be younger than older and don't like the fannypack cause it looks "uncool".

I've worn this kind of purse everywhere including WDW and had no problems wearing it on rides, etc. They are small and you can turn them to the side (under your arm) when on rides with lap bars, etc. like the coasters.

Have a great trip!

I understand you might not want to wear a fanny pack, but it is important to keep your medication with you.
I'm not sure how old you are, but there are lots of other things besides fanny packs. My one DD has a small backpack - on e advantage with those is you can carry some other things you might want to have with you.
Here are some ideas to look for (I don't know if they have all these in the stores or just on the website):
Decorate your own backpack from Target.
Sling tote from Taget (these are popular with teens here).
Messenger bag from Target (the kind you can put the strap across your chest).
Hobo bags are really popular too (this one is from Kohls).
Here's a really little one from Kohls.

Even if your mom wants you to have a fanny pack, maybe you could decorate it - it's easy to sew on beads or glue on sequins. Do something to make it the way you want to wear it.

Another suggestion is getting a disney themed backpack, like a stitch or a tinkerbell, they had some cute ones at POP resort when we were there.

Always keep an inhaler with you!!

On one of our last visits to the ER. An older gentleman told us an unfortunate story about his late wife.

She had asthma. She hadn't had an attack or symptoms in many years. Unfortunately she didn't have a fresh emergency inhalers around. I mean fresh, not expired. She was at home and something flared up her asthma,
unfortunelatly she found an old inhaler, and well it didn't work, and she passed away.

I have to repeat, repeat constnatly to my husband who has asthma to always keep an inhaler with him. He has his asthma under control and rarely needs to use the emergency inhaler, but still doesn't keep one at work, or on his body when out of the house. It is very frustrating.

Connie

Certain cargo-style pants and shorts have zippered or velcro-closure pockets that may be large enough for your inhaler. Some neck-leash surf wallets may work, dude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter