Quick question about returning flights...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jacobsmommy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jacobsmommy

jacobsmommy DIS Veteran

Would a returning flight home of 1:30 be easy to get on after getting off the ship? I don't want to be rushing through the airport...

2. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

You will have plenty of time. One trip we were at the air port by 10:30 AM. We were sitting in the air port for hours. Now we just book a later flight after 4PM and rent a day room at the Hyatt. We are all exhausted after the cruise and it gives us a last chance to enjoy Florida and swim. Once the ship clears customs, you are free to debark.

3. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

I like to book our flight right around that time. This February it is 1:25pm. Leisurely breakfast, DCL Transfers, at Mco around 10:30ish. 3 hours before is good for MCO cuz it can get crazy on Saturday of school vacations!

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

That's about perfect timing...you'll hang out in the airport for a while, but not too long.

6. gkrech

gkrech Earning My Ears

We were on the Dec. 8-15 Fantasy cruise. I seriously think DCL Transports had us at the MCO airport around 9 to 9:15AM. Not sure why they say not to book a return flight prior to 12:30.

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

Sometimes the ships are delayed clearing customs, or there's a traffic jam. DCL gives everyone extra leeway just in case.

8. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Which port and which airport?

Woody

9. jacobsmommy

jacobsmommy DIS Veteran

Cape Canaveral ad the Orlando Airport

10. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Only one experience with MCO, as ROBHAWK mentioned, MCO can be nuts. We were at MCO at 10:15, in security line with boarding passes in hand at 10:30, literally walked right on our 12:35 pm flight because of the 90 minute wait to go through the metal detectors. So much for our plans for a leisurely lunch before our flight!

GKRECH, MCO is an airport that the travel agents associations suggests a 3 hour before flight arrival time.

11. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

You should nave no problem.

Woody