1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Quick Breakfast, then off to the parks!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by larryz, Jan 23, 2014.

1. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

From another thread...

Looking at the highlighted portion, and it brings to mind a gift I received over Christmas that revolutionized my breakfast mornings...
    [​IMG]
    Available here...

Get some english muffins, cheese slices, a carton of eggs and a bag of pre-cooked sausage patties, and you've got yourself a walk-about sandwich that tastes every bit as good a those from the Arches, and only takes about ten minutes from plug-in to clean-up. It's 120 volt, and about the size of a football. (And it will fit nicely into a large rice cooker...)

This device can be a key part of your touring strategy by helping to get you and yours up, fed, and out the door in time to hit rope drop! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Disclaimer: I was not paid nor offered any consideration for posting this information. But I love this gadget so much I felt I had to share it; it's practically custom made for travelers!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

Not only does eating breakfast in (or as you walk out) your room save money, it saves time. Do not spend the most valuable part of the day to ride headlining attractions with no FP+ or little wait sitting down at a table waiting on Goofy to come around for the third time at a cost of $25 per person.

If you want a character meal, places like Tusker House and Garden Grill have MUCH better food (for lunch), at a MUCH better value than what even the best character breakfasts offer.

If we stay off-site we prefer somewhere that includes a full breakfast (Buena Vista Suites) as early as like 6 am, or if we stay on site we travel with our own cereal, instant oatmeal/grits, protein bars, a toaster, bread and peanut butter.

4. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

My DH really wants one of these. He will be excited to hear your review. Are you allowed to have them in the rooms at Disney??

5. larryz

Don't just take my word for it -- go to the linked site and read the hundreds of glowing reviews!

It's UL listed and draws as much current as a coffee maker, and the rooms already have coffee makers in them.

That said, I'm sure they'll frown at having ANY cooking appliances in your room, as they have a large stake (or should I say 'steak'?) in serving you breakfast from their food court, quick service or table service restaurant...

6. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

So put it away after use :rolleyes1

7. xie

xie Mouseketeer

Holy cow I need to get my husband one of these things for work days... lol! :)

8. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I sure agree that having breakfast in the room saves time & money, especially when the kiddos sometimes only take a few bites of something.

I'd love that machine, but I probably shouldn't be eating most of what goes into it.;)

9. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Awesome and so very cool! THX!

10. Spoisal

Spoisal DIS Veteran

Can you buy all of those ingredients in the resort gift shop/quick mart area? CSR specifically.

11. larryz

YW -- in fact, I'm enjoying a sandwich right now...
    [​IMG]

...made five minutes ago and now just warm enough to eat without getting burned...

12. MommaBarb

MommaBarb Mouseketeer

We brought a toaster last year bc my DD has celiac and she was obsessed with waffles for breakfast. We unplugged it when we weren't using it. This year we'll just do cereal and I may pack some GF pop tarts too.

13. TreeSapp

TreeSapp That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.

My husband would love this: we usually eat cereal and fruit. But last weekend he had oatmeal made with hot water from coffee maker because it was so cold