Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

scoutsmom99 said:
I think the soy really adds to the taste. Plus you roll them in sugar after the soy so that takes away the saltieness of the soy.
Thanks!

Here are a couple recipes everyone requests at my parties...

Cheesy Pinwheels:
Pillsbury crescent rolls
Garlic and Herb cheese spread
Prosciutto

Roll out rolls and press together perforations
spread out cheese spread leaving 1/2 inch on one long side
place on thin layer of prosciutto
Roll along longer side then using sharp knife cut half inch pinwheels
Bake at 350 until dough cooks until slightly brown
(some use ham but I prefer he prosciutto)

Pepperoni Bread:
frozen pizza dough thawed
sliced American cheese (about 3/4lb per dough ball)
package pepperoni slices
sliced cheddar (a couple slices or other cheese of choice)

Roll out pizza dough
Cover with American cheese, then pepperoni, then a small amount of cheddar
roll then press closed all ends
rub butter on top
Bake at 350 until golden brown
(I have used the Pillsbury pizza dough but it does not work nearly as well)

Tonight for dinner we made the mea.balls (we used vegetarian, but you could get normal pre-cooked frozen ones) and the Ikea cream. Add cream sauce mix, and serve. Easy and tasty/

Our family likes sweet and sour hot dogs. Sounds weird but so good. We usually serve it with slices of french bread (for dipping) MMMMMM

Take 2 cups of grape jelly (and a bit of water to thin out) Heat on stove until melted. Add in 1 cup of yellow mustard. Once combined, put in crockpot and add in 3 lbs of hots dogs (cut in small pieces---we usually cut them on an angle)

Cook on low for about an hour (just until heated through) ENJOY!!!

Just wanted to post back about the bacon wrapped water chestnuts - I didn't realize I was out of soy sauce, so I soaked the water chestnuts in worcestershire sauce instead for about 30 min or so. Then dipped in sugar and wrapped with bacon. They were a big hit!!

Just wanted to post back about the bacon wrapped water chestnuts - I didn't realize I was out of soy sauce, so I soaked the water chestnuts in worcestershire sauce instead for about 30 min or so. Then dipped in sugar and wrapped with bacon. They were a big hit!!

Something a little different. I make these, but instead of the soy sauce, I cover them in sweet and sour sauce (I use LaChoys - found in the Asian cooking section) and bake (or microwave). YUM! Haven't had them in a while and now I think that I will have to make them for tomorrow evening. :)

I just took out all my blank index cards and wrote down just about every one of these recipes. Looks oh so yummy. Now to write down a shopping list and off to the store I go. I'll be sure to make a few of these for NYE tonight!!!

Another great idea! A family favorite anytime for us:

Pepperoni rolls:

Package refridgerated crescent rolls
Pepperoni pillow pack
Shredded mozz. cheese

Open rolls, separate. Place a few slices pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese. Roll them up so that they are sealed. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I like the pampered chef stone) and bake as directed on the package.

Serve with pizza dipping sauce. Easy and yummy!

Pigs in a blanket. We like to use Hillshire Farms lil smokies. Then we take crescent rolls (cut to size of course) and wrap them. Place them on a cookie sheet. I usually spray it with non stick spray first. Toss them in the oven for a about 10 minutes or so and voila... The kids love them! We make them every year. The best part is that the kids love to help make them too. :teeth:

My mom just made this simple appetizer for Thanksgiving. It was SO delicious and SO easy!!

1 pkg. of hotdogs (cut each dog into thirds)
1 pkg. of bacon (wrap each hotdog piece with half slice of bacon and secure with toothpick)

Place pieces in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with 3/4 c. brown sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to keep them from sticking.

These were devoured instantly! I'm thinking if you didn't want to use hotdogs, they'd probably be just as good with scallops or shrimp....

Pineapple Delight

1 jar of Robert Rothschild Farm's Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip (I find this at my local Giant Eagle)
1 brick of creamcheese
2 sleeves of your favorite crackers (I think the the Toasteds Buttercrisp or Onion crackers work best)

Place your cream chees on a plate. Pour the dip over it and serve with crackers.

It is so easy and sooooooo good!!!

This is a quick and easy appetizer that goes over well at any time of year.

Seafood Ball
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 can of your preferred seafood (shrimp and crab seem to work best)
cocktail sauce

Mix the cream cheese and seafood together well. Mold into a ball and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cover with the cocktail sauce. Serve with assorted crackers.

We almost never have anything left over.

Another quick and easy snack that is on the sweet side:

Pumpkin Mousse
1 small can of pumpkin (15oz I believe it is)
1 tub of cool whip, thawed
1 box vanilla pudding mix
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Mix all ingredients together. It is easy to mix them all right in the cool whip container and pop the top on to refrigerate until ready to use. You can serve this as a dip with gingersnap or sugar cookies, or layer in a trifle with pound cake.

Add ham and cheese to crescents too---kids love them and its an easy and delicious small hot ham and cheese.

Another thing is unfold the cresent and place unrolled to cover a pizza/cookie tray--spread a thin layer of pizza sauce--add pepperoni, ham, and different meats--spinkle parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese over the top--then add another layer of cresent. Then bake---you can also take some egg and mix w/ oregano or basil and brush over the top lightly. When done--cut into squares or triangles add a toothpick and eat up!!!

A bag of frozen meatballs
A small jar of grape jelly
A small jar of chili sauce (not regular chili in a can, it is found near the ketchup in most stores)

Empty all ingredients in a crock pot and stir occasionally until meatballs are heated thoroughly.

1 lb browned ground chuck
1 package taco seasoning
1 can nacho cheese soup

mix together, warm and serve with tortilla chips

this one we love......a strawberry dip

one tub of marshmellow fluff (found near the peanut butter and jelly)
one brick of philly cream cheese

whole strawberries

.......mix the fluff and the cream cheese good and dip the strawberries in and enjoy!!!

vicki

We love this one too!! The only difference is we add 1 T of lemon juice. We add food coloring to match the season, decor...whatever! My DDs love pink and lavender.

thanks for all of these

Does anyone have a recipe for mini crustless quiches?

This is DH and DD fav!!
Greenbeans wrapped in Bacon

fresh greenbeans
bacon
Catalina (sp?) Dressing

I take 6/7 greenbeans and wrap a peice of bacon around them secure with a toothpick. Put in a baking dish and pour dressing over them. Bake them at 350 for about 25 mins turning once. They are SOOOO good but sticky!!

Another Fav is Corn Salad

2 cans corn drained well
1 large can sliced black olives drained well
cucumber diced
red onion diced
bacon cooked and crumbled
green onions sliced
red pepper diced (optional)
1 big bottle of ranch dressing

Just put all ingredents in a bowl pour dressing in and mix it!! So easy and really good.

Just saw a variation on the baked brie in one of those little cookbook magazines they have at the checkouts. You hollow out a round bread, place a whole brie inside (you can use big bread/big brie or small bread/small brie) and then bake it right in the bread. Much easier than trying to put puff pastry around it. And you can also put your toppings into or on top of. (I use apricot preserves and pecans usually on top when I bake a brie.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter