Questions regarding rules of meet and greets (what can be signed, etc)

hollyferry

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone :-)
We have 19 days until we will be in Disney World. As I'm finalizing plans...I realize I have a few questions regarding character meet and greets. How long is each one? Are they rushed through-like snap a photo and you're done?
My family has Fast Pass+ for Anna and Elsa. My niece will be 6 next week, and she adores the Frozen Crew. I was thinking I could use my Fast Pass+ to take a picture of Anna & Elsa (or separately as I think they aren't together) holding a sign that simply says, "Happy 6th Birthday Emma!". Is that allowed at all? If not, would I be allowed a photo of just the Princess (without me in it lol), then I could get her autograph and just put the photo with the autograph.
My other niece's birthday is the week after we get back, and she loves loves loves Minnie. I wanted to do something similar with Minnie...except purchase a Minnie doll and have Minnie hold that since my niece will be 3 and can't read yet.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!

Timing of meet and greets can vary. Obviously for Anna and Elsa, you'll more than likely get pushed through since they're so popular. My advice for your 6 yr old is to get her a birthday button at town hall on your way in and the characters DO key off of those (I'm 33 and they still do it, lol). So she could spark a little conversation that way. As for the smaller one and Minnie, I would get pictures of her signing an autograph book!

For both, get an autograph book and they'll more than likely sign it. The CM's will tell you what each character is capable of doing when it's closer to your turn and if you don't know, you can ask and they'll tell you. Just be prepared that not all characters will be able to sign things and some can't do signs and things like that, but like I said, a birthday button with an Anna or Elsa dress on (little kids are allowed to be in costumes) will surely spark something.

Then autograph books are hopefully the best way to go, and just get pictures of them signing them with your phone.

When my oldest DD and I went to Disneyland in January we were talking about how my youngest DD would kill us for meeting A&E without her. The CM suggested we do a video. It seemed to be something they did all the time. We then did the same with Captain America for my son. They've watched those videos a 100 times. I'm not sure what the differences are between WDW and DLR when it comes to meet and greets but you could ask. We've never been rushed through one but we don't dawdle either.

Honestly since nieces aren't traveling I would get a storybook with a Frozen theme for Anna and Elsa and a Minnie one for the younger child.
Have them sign these and then the girls will have a very nice keepsake that they will look at. I have witnessed books being signed with no issues.

Hi everyone :-)
We have 19 days until we will be in Disney World. As I'm finalizing plans...I realize I have a few questions regarding character meet and greets. How long is each one? Are they rushed through-like snap a photo and you're done?
My family has Fast Pass+ for Anna and Elsa. My niece will be 6 next week, and she adores the Frozen Crew. I was thinking I could use my Fast Pass+ to take a picture of Anna & Elsa (or separately as I think they aren't together) holding a sign that simply says, "Happy 6th Birthday Emma!". Is that allowed at all? If not, would I be allowed a photo of just the Princess (without me in it lol), then I could get her autograph and just put the photo with the autograph.
My other niece's birthday is the week after we get back, and she loves loves loves Minnie. I wanted to do something similar with Minnie...except purchase a Minnie doll and have Minnie hold that since my niece will be 3 and can't read yet.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!

As far as signs go...This was many years ago, almost 20 (Oh my gosh I'm getting old!!!), my brother and I took a whole day running around all the parks with a sign that said "Happy Birthday Paul". We wanted to find 21 characters for Paul's 21st birthday. We were able to get almost every single character we found to hold the sign except 1. I don't remember which one, but he said or his handler said that he wouldn't hold the sign because he didn't know who Paul was. I don't remember if we were in the pictures or not. But there was definitely sign holding. Haven't tried recently though. I guess this isn't actually much help, but just know that in the 1990's most characters were willing to hold signs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter