Questions on July 2015 Discounts and DDP and Tickets

AKNOTTS66

Mouseketeer
Okay I had a couple questions. We are thinking of doing the Dining plan when we go in july. So far I have a room only rez. I'm thinking of buying tickets now since they are said to go up in february. So if I buy my tickets now can I still change my rez in march when the july discounts come out and get the room only discount then add the dining plan after?

So Buy tickets now.

In march book room only reservation.

Then add dining:confused::littleangel: plan.

Is this possible?

Hi, I can answer part of it. Yes, you can buy your tickets now (you probably already did...the tickets went up this past weekend, right). Yes, you can make your reservation later, and add on a discount if one comes up. I don't know about adding on dining plan, but hopefully someone else will. You can tie all of this together online on My Disney Experience.

You can't exactly add a dining plan to a room-only, though any CM or travel agent will understand what you mean and can facilitate making it happen. It will actually involve canceling your room reservation and booking a package. If you already have tickets, you'd want to get a ticketless package. There are several reasons this is important to know:

• The package will have the package cancellation policy and rules, not the room-only rules. For example, a room-only reservation can be cancelled without penalty up to 5 days before arrival, while packages can only be cancelled without penalty up to 45 days before arrival. There are some other differences with deposits and such.
  • If your room is no longer available, they can't easily book the package and then cancel your room; they have to first cancel the room and then book the package. There's a chance the room could get scooped up by someone else. I'm pretty sure there is a way to release the room but hold it, and then use it for the package, but not all CMs can do it (or maybe not all of them know how).
  • If the price has changed for the room (because of a discount coming or going) you will pay the new price. Not such a problem if the price is lower, but more of a pain if the price has gone up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter