Questions on counter service? Can you exchange a dessert credit for bottled drinks?

StarNova

Mouseketeer
I think I understand the snack and TS. What is included in the counter service exactly? We have adults, 10 year old, and 2 kids from 3-9.

We are going in mid June and I've read somewhere on the boards you can exchange a dessert for bottled water or bottled drinks. With the amount of food, I would prefer to not eat dessert and have the drinks. Has anyone done this before? Does it depend on the waiter? restaurant? Thanks for your help.

I am not sure that a TS restaurant would give you a bottled drink to take with you in place of dessert but I have had almost 100% success with this at CS restaurants. I have not asked for anything other than bottled water however, but have been allowed a soda (in a cup) with no problems. Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot would not allow any substitutes - at all. I also had a one off experience at Pecos Bills last year where I was told I could not trade dessert for water but could have a side :confused3 (For what it's worth, this was almost certainly down to the CM who served me as subbing a side for dessert is practically unheard of).

Thanks, 2Tiggies. I would much prefer the bottled water to the dessert. I'm assuming it's not available on the TS and only with the counter service.

Some of the TS desserts are good to take with you. Just tell them you want to take it to go and they won't put the ice cream on it, if it's one that usually is served with it.

I save them for snacks later in the room.

Looks like you will have a stroller, that's where I store it. Just don't forget to take it out before folding!

Note that this is for adult meals only. For kids' meals, they'll have the option of 2 sides with their meal. These sides generally include options like fries, grapes, carrots, cookie, jello, apple sauce or pudding and they just choose 2. The 2 options make up the side dish and dessert but the kids have the freedom to choose 2 sides or 2 desserts if that's what their parents choose to let them have. I don't believe they can get a second drink instead of one of those sides but the grape and carrot packets are very portable and great for eating in lines while waiting for a ride or show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter