Questions for my trip in mid-May

jspencer91

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm making my first Disney trip in 11 years, and there are a few questions I have not been able to find the answers to easily. I hope you can help

1) My 7 year old wants to do the Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios. Do we need to be there right at rope drop? Do we sign up at the Training Academy itself?

2) I've got my son hooked on Bill Nye the Science Guy, so he wants to see Ellen's Energy Adventure. But the unofficial guide for kids say that it is only open during the busiest times of the year. Will we be able to see it?

3) I pre-purchased the PhotoPass Plus option. But it's unclear to me if I will get a card to be scanned when I check in to my hotel, or if they are sending me a card, or if I just get a card at the first PhotoPass place i go, and then link that card to my account when i get home. Can anyone clarify the process for me?

4) Mid-week, we are taking a day off from Disney, and going to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. What are our best transportation options?

Thanks in advance,
A very exited returning Disney-phile

Hello! I'm making my first Disney trip in 11 years, and there are a few questions I have not been able to find the answers to easily. I hope you can help

1) My 7 year old wants to do the Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios. Do we need to be there right at rope drop? Do we sign up at the Training Academy itself?

2) I've got my son hooked on Bill Nye the Science Guy, so he wants to see Ellen's Energy Adventure. But the unofficial guide for kids say that it is only open during the busiest times of the year. Will we be able to see it?

3) I pre-purchased the PhotoPass Plus option. But it's unclear to me if I will get a card to be scanned when I check in to my hotel, or if they are sending me a card, or if I just get a card at the first PhotoPass place i go, and then link that card to my account when i get home. Can anyone clarify the process for me?

4) Mid-week, we are taking a day off from Disney, and going to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. What are our best transportation options?

Thanks in advance,
A very exited returning Disney-phile

1.) For Jedi training you will want to be at the park before it opens so you can immediately go to the sign-up area. It is located at the ABC Sound Studios. Go there first thing!

2.) Ellen's is almost always open.

3.) No help there, sorry

4.) I would probably rent a car at the Dolphin or take a taxi :)

You'll get a voucher sent to you that you then bring with you to exchange for the PhotoPass + card, which is what you need to add ride and dining photos to your account. You can pick it up at Exposition Hall at MK, Camera Center at Epcot, Cover Story at DHS, and Garden Gate Gifts at AK. You can also get it at these locations outside the parks:

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney

M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

For how to get to Discovery Cove, you should ask over on the Transportation Board.

Your questions have probably also been fully answered in other parts of the forum.....Disney Resorts doesn't seem to apply :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter