Questions for elopement

pinkibekki

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are thinking about getting married during our trip to Disney in January. It would only be the two of us and my two teenage children. I have looked into the Memories package but was still trying to possibly find a cheaper option since it would only be a 10 minute ceremony.

I'm wondering if you are you able to have a quick ceremony on property (not looking for inside the parks) such as the observation deck at the Contemporary or near the waterway at Port Orleans Riverside? Or would that still be a big no-no?

Another option I was thinking of was getting a room with a great view (theme park, savanna, etc) and doing it on the balcony. Does anyone know if this would be allowed since it's technically inside your private room? Even though the room would be pricey, it would still be less than the $2500 package cost.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed!

The rules are a bit grey. If you ask DFTWs they would say no you are not allowed. If you did it somewhere private it is likely a CM will not stop you. You would need a find an officiant willing to do that though. One of the Revs that Disney recommend took them to court over balcony weddings and won so legally they are allowed.

Have you looked at Swan and Dolphin weddings or Fultons at DTD? Or further away Cyprus Grove, Paradise Cove, Discovery Cove, Leu Gardens or Kraft Azalea Park.

Have you looked at Swan and Dolphin weddings or Fultons at DTD? Or further away Cyprus Grove, Paradise Cove, Discovery Cove, Leu Gardens or Kraft Azalea Park.

Thanks for the info! I did look at Swan and Dolphin but it was about the same for the Memories package. I will email Fultons for info on an intimate wedding though. We weren't planning to rent a car, so I didn't want to have to leave property (I was going to take a taxi to get the license if needed hadn't gotten that far in planning ;)).

We just wanted something very simple with a pretty backdrop. This is a second wedding for myself, and my fiance is very laid back, so not really fancy clothes either (nice dinner dress and shirt and tie). I don't need flowers really and only 5 minutes for photos besides the 5 minute ceremony. They don't provide cake anyway nor the officiant, so $2500 for technically a venue fee is a bit much for me.

I've seem some lovely Fultons weddings. If we do a VR it is certainly somewhere i'll consider.

I emailed Fultons. If anyone is interested, the pricing is this for an Intimate Wedding:
$425 plus tax for ceremony setup (held on Exterior Deck)
Food & Beverage Minimum $1000 plus service charge and tax for DAYTIME event or $2500 plus service charge and tax for EVENING event

For my little party of 4, we would have to eat $250 each!

Back to the drawing board....

All private events will have a similar food minimum. I would just concentrate on the ceremony and then book a regular ADR or a fireworks cruise or private dining at the GF.

All private events will have a similar food minimum. I would just concentrate on the ceremony and then book a regular ADR or a fireworks cruise or private dining at the GF.

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing...just trying to figure out the ceremony location:scratchin

You might look into the Characters in Flight Balloon - they do ceremonies there for $1,350

This does not show on their regular site (but your link works). Someone mentioned on another website that they stopped doing weddings on the balloon, but I'll check into that too. It looks like you would have to use their officiant though. We have a friend that knows a notary in the area who would do it for us already.

Have a civil ceremony at a courthouse at home right before you leave, then plan your celebration for WDW. The offerings at WDW aren't going to be lower prices really than the memories package. IMHO trying to arrange even a 10 minute on property ceremony would be so much hassle and not worth the risk? And I can't think of but a few (deluxe!) hotel rooms that would be nice for a ceremony. Unless you enjoy a ceremony with double beds in the background -ha ha!

This does not show on their regular site (but your link works). Someone mentioned on another website that they stopped doing weddings on the balloon, but I'll check into that too. It looks like you would have to use their officiant though. We have a friend that knows a notary in the area who would do it for us already.

They resumed doing weddings, but the process has become more obfuscated. Events must be booked through Characters In Flight/Aerophile directly BUT they don't have any contact information available online. So you have to go through a local officiant—but you aren't actually buying the package from the officiant. They're just putting you in touch with the right people at Characters In Flight. :headache: The link I posted gets you to the officiant who used to organize his own packages and can now put you in touch with the right people. But there may be other officiants in town who can do the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter