Questions- any help appreciated

alli'smom

Mouseketeer
My daughter, husband & I are sailing on 6/28. It's our first ever
cruise and don't know what to expect. Are the formal nights really
formal? Is immigration tough - we don't have passports.
Any clues, tips, advice would be welcomed!

Formal Nights can be very formal, or not so formal. Some people wear tuxes and gowns, but you difinitely would not feel out of place if your wore a nice dress and your husband wore a suit. If your daughter is little she may want to wear a minnie dress, or a princess dress. Same with semi-formal night. Definitely not "resort Casual" though.

Immigration is not bad. It is early on the Eastern cruise though! You (everyone in the family) go to the main theater, the Walt Disney Theater, if you are a US citizen. You just que up and show the officials your documents. They hardly even look at them. Don't worry, not a big deal. You will have a great time though! I have to wait until November for my cruise.....:(

Welcome Allismom- My family and quite a few others are also going on the June 28th- My DD is 11 and her friend is going- how old is your DD?
We are meeting up on deck 10- port side on June 28th- please come and join us! Where are you staying the night before the cruise?
Don't worry about not having passports- just birth certs with a raised seal and a picture ID for adults and you will be fine. This is cruise #5 for us and we are so ready to GO!!
On formal night- my DH is wearing a tux and we girls are wearing formal dresses- but we like to dress up and have our pictures taken! They do different backdrops before dinner. Some people wear dark suits and short cocktail or nice Sunday dresses. If you don't want to dress up- they open Topsiders(which is a buffet) but on formal nights they serve the same food as in the dining rooms.

Thanks for the info. My daughter is 10. We're actually flying in
that morning. Should make for a long day. Maybe our paths
will cross. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter