Questions about Wild Africa Trek

disneydacey

Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'
I am considering booking the Wild Africa Trek for our October trip. Disney is offering $50 off for afternoon tours. I would love to hear from anyone who has done this tour. If the afternoon tour good as far as seeing animals during the hotter part of the day? Is it worth the cost? Also hoping that someone has booked and paid for this with the Barclay Arrival card so I can see if their points will cover this type of charge. Thanks!

We have done it twice and think it is worth every penny. We only do the first morning Trek. I don't know that I would want to do it in the heat of the afternoon. October weather can be hot and humid or cool and beautiful. Never can tell
Have Fun

I did the cheaper tour in the afternoon but the earliest time slot. Wasn't too hot and you are in the shade most of the time in your private vehicle and outpost for a snack. Walking part is under lots of trees. They give you a water bottle and cooling towels.

It was one of the best tours I have been on. Worth every penny. Plus at the end of the tour they tell you part of your tour cost goes to animal conservation.

Every person's situation is different, so it's kind of a personal choice concerning the discounted time slot.

I will agree with the other posters though, this is an absolutely fantastic tour! It was definitely one of the best, if not the best, tour that we have ever taken.

I am planning to do on next trip. Is booking at 180 day point..I have checked about 5 sites and none say!

I can let you know! I'm doing the Trek with my boyfriend of August 17th at 11:45am. It was the earliest time with the $50 discount.

This tour was some of the best money I've spent at Disney. I'd never go back to AKL without doing this tour.

We had the 11:45 time slot with the 50 discount. We really enjoyed it. The food was yummy.

We did it at 12:30 in May, it was awesome! They take pictures, we had 199 in our album, which included the 3 of us and the other 8 in the group plus animal pictures. They also included an album of stock animal pictures.

A friend and I took booked the 10:30am tour in June a couple years ago and it was fantastic! Our two tour guides, Davis and Paola, were knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic. The animals were active and the photo album at the end contained photos from every part of the adventure. Would definitely go again!

I am considering booking the Wild Africa Trek for our October trip. Disney is offering $50 off for afternoon tours. I would love to hear from anyone who has done this tour. If the afternoon tour good as far as seeing animals during the hotter part of the day? Is it worth the cost? Also hoping that someone has booked and paid for this with the Barclay Arrival card so I can see if their points will cover this type of charge. Thanks!
We loved the Trek & it was worth it for us. Can't speak to any of your other questions, as we did it on a morning in February.

Butting in here with a question of my own about the Wild Africa Trek regarding pricing. On the page is shows the pricing as $189-$249. Is this pricing with the discount? If not, which ones are the more expensive ones vs the cheaper ones? We are debating on doing this on our upcoming trip next month, and yea, I'm just too lazy to call. Also, how many people are usually on the tour at one time?

Price ranges from $189 in Value season to $249 in Peak season. These prices are before the midday $50 discount.

The tour is limited to 12 people.

I am planning to do on next trip. Is booking at 180 day point..I have checked about 5 sites and none say!
I have actually found that reservations for this tour open up in "chunks", like a month at a time. Was close to 180 day mark, but not directly tied to it. You have to call the tour line to book.

bobj

DD and DS did the Sept afternoon special and loved it! Plenty of animal action. I wouldn't hesitate.

Another question: would a closed toe sandal such as this Keen be allowed? Or does it have to be fully closed?

Here's what we got in an email:

· Attire Due to the safety harness required for this experience, appropriate casual attire is recommended. Please note the following information:

A. Closed-toe shoes with a back strap, sneakers, or hiking boots are required to trek. Opened-toe shoes of any kind are not permitted.

B. Long shorts or pants with a comfortable shirt are recommended to trek. Skirts and dresses are not permitted.

Requirements Listed below are the necessary requirements for this experience.

A. Park admission is required for this experience and not included in the price of the Wild Africa Trek. At check-in, one adult participant will be asked to present government-issued identification.

B. Guests must be at least 8 years of age and be at least 48 inches tall. In addition, Guests must weigh between 45 and 300 pounds. This will be confirmed by scale at check-in and is not negotiable. The harness on this experience may prohibit guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.

C. All guests should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back, or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by the adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.

D. Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.

·Check In – The Wild Africa Trek is located in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom next to the Kilimanjaro Safaris Entrance.

A. For Guests attending the trek prior to park opening (typically the 8:00 and 8:45 AM departures), a Wild Africa Trek Guide will meet your party at the Main Entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Please meet our Guide to the left of the Main Entrance, near the Guest Relations window. Kindly arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time.

B. For Guests attending the trek after park opening, please check-in at the Wild Africa Trek Entrance. Kindly arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your departure time.

C. Late arrivals will be unable to join a trek in progress but will be accommodated on the next available trek (space permitting).

· Allowable Items on the Trek

A. Hats and glasses/sunglasses.

B. Cameras or cell phone cameras, provided they can be securely attached with either a wrist or neck strap.

C. Medical necessities.

D. All items not mentioned above will not be permitted on the trek. Complimentary lockers will be provided to store all additional items for the duration of the experience.

· Special Dietary Needs This experience includes an authentic African inspired snack. Outside food or drink will not be permitted on the trek. If any member of your party has special dietary needs (Examples: Vegetarian, Vegan, all food allergies, etc.), please notify our team no later than 48 hoursprior to your trek date.

The Wild Africa Trek team can be contacted by replying directly to this message with your name, phone number, date and time of your trek, and your specific question or request.

We look forward to seeing you on this wild adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter