Questions about West Coast Beach Hotels to vist?

SoCalDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
We are traveling on July 31st trip (DW, DD6 princess:, DD3 princess: & I :earsboy: ) and I have read a few postings about just going to resorts on your own, and I want to get more information. Can any buddy give me any further advise to tips about these resorts?

Krystal in PV, It sounds like it is walking distance from the ship, but do they allow cruisers to use their facility. Also, do they have a good restaurant? Also, do you have time to Canopy Tour and visit Krystal Resort?

El Cid, in Maztalan. Sounds like you can take a thrill ride in a taxi for about $10, and tell them you are not interested in the sell pitch, but tell them that you are buying food & drinks and you can enjoy the facility. What do they have for the kids to do? Any hagalers? Any Jellies?

Melia in Cabo. How much is the water taxi and is it safe? Sounds like you get dropped off on the beach and then you have to talk your way into the resort. I not sure about this resort? Thought I was going to do a Glass Bottom tour and then walk around the city :confused3 , since we don't have much time and someone said it takes for ever to get off and on the ship due to tenders.

Any advise appreciated, starting to stress over this:crazy:, feel like I am running out of :hourglass .

Paul
Saratoga, 2004
Disney West Coast Cruise, 2005

we did the KRYSTAL hotel in PV and El Cid in MAZATLAN and they were great we did not have any problems getting in for free. For El Cid they gave us a day pass when we got off the ship and when we got to hotel they asked if we wanted to go on time share tour we said no and that was that. We had lunch in El Cid and had no problem there the kids loved the pool and it was very nice. Cab was $12.oo

we were on the july 2nd cruise. and we did KRYSTAL walkind distance, you can see the ship , someone on another thread posted diections and pic, that was so nice of her . we printed out the directions and followed exazctly . it was overcast in PV . for mazatln we went to LOS SABALOS beach. took a cab. about 10, 12 or15 $ can't remeber. we brought beach towels from home. we gave the man 10$ for chairs and two umbrellas. alot of peddlers, drove us crazy. the waves were fun. no jellyfish! and for cabo we took a taxivan to MEDANO BEACH 12$ i think. alot of venders also drive you crazy. the water is pretty there but freezing!! it was so hot there you go in get wet and go out no splashing too cold! all in all cabo was the prettiest. the days at sea, sun and friday were cold, neede a sweatshirt, dissapointing, no pinacoladas near the poolside! we bought vanilla, orlando brand in mazatlan right in the terminal area, 15$ ithink, in cabo the water taxi's look fun but hard to get in and out i've heard, especially into the cold water. each beach bring your own softsided coller w/ water, it does get hot. have fun.! LISA

pppiglet thank your for the pictures and the link to another thread that was very helpful. I looks like Krystal my be a choice for us.

That swim up bar in the picture, is also where the restaurant is. (I think) We didn't eat there, but saw it on my way to the restroom! I heard that the food was good there though.

hi pppiglet! thanks again for the great pics and directions. we saw our server there he had gotten a massage at the krystal resort! so crew members must go there too. you were lucky to have had the sun shing on PV that day. the crew loves this itnerary cause they have off more days. still remembering our fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter