Questions about "stuff" to pack and over the door shoe holder

TigerCheer2009

<font color=990099>Random dancing and Xtreme Laund
Actually I guess the correct term would be "where can I find it?" I've been scouring Wal-Mart and Meijer but I have NOT been able to find an over the door shoe holder for the life of me! Where can I locate one of these? I'd like to try it out before I consider bringing it (our HS band may be going to FL in the upcoming years and it will be quite an...experience...sharing a room with three others and LOTS of shampoo/makeup/body wash etc.)

Thanks in advance!!!

I just got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. It was originally $11.00 (I think), marked down to $6.00, then 30% off that. They had them in the front of the store and in the back of the store with all the other sale stuff. You can also get them at WalMart and Target, and sometimes Walgreens. Some people have found them at Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc... Generally speaking, they are usually with/near hangars.

Also, if you are looking to become a bit more organized in your space you may want to check out the popup hampers. They are great for keeping dirty clothes separated, keeping toys together, bringing stuff to the pool, etc... I got mine at Walgreens (yellow with Winnie the Pooh characters), but Walgreens also had basic black. Again, you can get these at WalMart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and the various "Dollar" stores.

Cheers!

I'll definitely have to check out both Bed Bath and Beyond and Walgreens!!! I didn't even think of a pop up hamper-that'll be GREAT for the hotel room.

Thanks for all your help, sheilap. It's appreciated so much!

Try the closet section of Walmart and Target. I don't use one for Disney, but I do use one at home as a catchall on the back of the bedroom door. It's the one thing I kept of the college decor 5 years later! :rotfl:

I'll be honest with you however, if you're going to be cramming 4 girls into the room, it'll be tight. It all depends on how long you're going for. But I would keep the basic toilietries and other items you need quick access to.

I got one at the Dollar Tree for $1. Instead of wasting time looking on my own, I described it to the clerk and she got me one in 30 seconds:goodvibes Maybe you'll like a second one to hang on the other side of the door. The side that faces the sink could hold all the makeup and the side that is in the tub area could hold all the shampoos, soaps, scrubs, razors, etc. Just thinking how you can organize! Also, tell the girls to bring only enough for the stay--they don't need to pack 28oz bottles of conditioner if they will only use 6 oz. Then they can throw away all the used stuff and have room to take souveniers home. Have Fun!

I used one once, got it at Dollar Tree for a buck, and thought it was really useful. I pitched it when I was done. I will take another when we go in Sept with DGD age 3 and DGS age 1; I didn't really need it when it was just hubby and me.

pezheadmeg-thanks! I'm not *positive* there will be 4 girls in a room, but we had 4 people/room for one night for a trip to Youngstown, OH for a field trip. This trip will be about 5-6 days, so I don't know how things will work out.

dzneelvr-I like the way you think. I think I will get two so that we can have makeup and contact solution etc. by the sink, and the other one for shampoo, body wash, etc. Thanks!!

cdrn1-thanks for your input! I figured that if it works out on a band trip, then it will work on a family trip.

Thanks for all of the input-I might have to check out the Dollar Tree sometime soon...:) Thanks again!!

The shoe holder I got is a mesh one that hangs on the shower curtain hooks so you can put all your shower stuff in it instead of having it all on the edge of the tub where it falls off easily. I got it at Dollar General for $2. It was in the back by the mops and brooms.

I always get mine at the Dollar store so I can just throw it out instead of taking it back home. One other thing I get is one of those things to hang our wet bathing suits up. It is like a coat hanger hook with arms that spread out with clothes pins at the ends - I know my description leaves alot to be desired but we find our bathing suits dry so much faster using this; then if someone wants to have a shower, they only have to move the hook off the railing instead of gathering up wet bathing suits.:goodvibes

Got mine in the cheap section at our local Target--where they have things for $2.50 or less. It cost $2.50 and then I can leave it behind and not feel guilty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter