Questions about resort refillable mugs

I also thought that now that they switched to the same mug design for every resort that they could be used at any resort for the length of your trip. Like someone else mentioned if you had a split stay (lets just use the example of 5 days at POR and 5 days at AKL). Why would you have to buy an identical second mug for the second half of your trip becuase you split your stay?

I also thought that now that they switched to the same mug design for every resort that they could be used at any resort for the length of your trip. Like someone else mentioned if you had a split stay (lets just use the example of 5 days at POR and 5 days at AKL). Why would you have to buy an identical second mug for the second half of your trip becuase you split your stay?

Ya, the split stay is a really good point.

OK it seems, Disney really doesn't care if you use the right mug. So let's ask the better question:

Does anybody has ever seen somebody being punished,thrown out of the resort or forced to buy the right mug?

Oliver

I thought the rule changed when year of a million dreams mugs came out that you could use your mug for your entire vacation and not just at the resort which you purchased them. We just did a split stay last month and we bought mugs at our first resort and then used them at our second resort too. We asked at both resorts if we could do this and were told both times the mugs are good for our length of stay in Disney.

I thought the rule changed when year of a million dreams mugs came out that you could use your mug for your entire vacation and not just at the resort which you purchased them. We just did a split stay last month and we bought mugs at our first resort and then used them at our second resort too. We asked at both resorts if we could do this and were told both times the mugs are good for our length of stay in Disney.

That's basically what I said in my prior post, and I'm pretty sure that the information is correct. You can use your mug at any resort during your trip but the mug is good for that stay (that specific vacation) during which you bought the mug. You can use the mug for a split stay, or at another resort if for some reason you're dining in a different resort's food court while you're on the same trip in which you bought the mug. (I think CSR might be an exception to the rule as their food court is not run by Disney and they have resort specific mugs, but I'm not positive about CSR and the need to buy a second mug for a CSR split stay).

I just got back from WDW (May 3rd-10th). I just went to get my mug and right alongside the handle it says this:

Free Refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased

I just got back from WDW (May 3rd-10th). I just went to get my mug and right alongside the handle it says this:

Free Refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased

"Our" could have a specific meaning (as in "Pop Century") or it could mean "our" as in the Walt Disney World Resort. It's unclear.

Cast members have said that the new mugs are OK for split stays, so I took that to mean that the mugs are OK to use at more than 1 resort food court during the same vacation in which the mug was purchased. :confused3

"Our" could have a specific meaning (as in "Pop Century") or it could mean "our" as in the Walt Disney World Resort. It's unclear.

Cast members have said that the new mugs are OK for split stays, so I took that to mean that the mugs are OK to use at more than 1 resort food court during the same vacation in which the mug was purchased. :confused3

Since the mugs are not resort specific and do say WDW on them, I would think that the "our" means WDW.

Also, the Resort Beverage Islands (plural) could mean all resorts as well. If they wanted you to used it only at your resort, they would have said so.

I really don't have an issue with using a Disney mug that you paid Disney for at any of their resorts to get drinks...the thing I would not do is get the mug from Ebay. You are not paying Disney for the soda, you are paying the ebay seller. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's tacky to give a used re-fillable mug that you got off ebay as a gift?

Believe me-my mother in law will be thrilled-and I am not kidding!!! These are people that have a budget of $50.00 for tips at ten table service resturants. No lie.

Here is what is said on the Year of a Million Dreams mugs.

"Free refills available at our Resort beverage islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased."

So when they use the sentence our Resort beverage islands, I believe it means any Resort counter service location. If they did not want that then they would have used the wording that was on the Resort logo mugs which was this.

"Free refills until the end of your stay. Refills only at location purchased."

Of course the only Resort where the Year of a Million Dream mugs can not be used is Coronado Springs, because their dining locations are not owned by WDW. Basically they are the only Resort which still sells their logo mug. So if you did a split stay at All Star Sports and were then switching to Coronado Springs, you would need to purchase the CSR logo mug.

Believe me-my mother in law will be thrilled-and I am not kidding!!! These are people that have a budget of $50.00 for tips at ten table service resturants. No lie.

I'm not gonna touch that last comment with a ten foot pole except to say have a wonderful vacation!

How many people in your party? WDW might be adding an automatic 18% to your check for gratutity, then what will she do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter