Questions about my 1st cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by AggieC, Jan 21, 2004.

1. AggieC

AggieC Earning My Ears

Hey!!!
    I am going on my first cruise March 21 -2004 and I have a few questions. Can someone please let me know 1) What is considered an adult for the Palo restaurant as I have a 20 year old traveling with me and 2) What is the drinking / gambling age in the Bahamas??
    I am so looking forward to the cruise and this site has given me a few inside tips!!!
    Thanks for the info.
    Margaret

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. makaylee

makaylee DIS Veteran

Im pretty sure Palos age requirement is 18. Sorry i have never been to the bahamas (other than CC) so i'm not sure about that one.

4. kjw86ca

kjw86ca Earning My Ears

On the ships when they say adult it's 18+. So anyone over 18 and over is an adult, and yes, s/he could go to Palo.

As for the gambling age, I believe it is 18 in the Bahamas. I can't remember for sure, though.

-Kyle

5. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

I beleive the "drinking" age on the ship is still 21 - even though 18+ is considered an adult.

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

On the ship, you are an adult for everything except drinking at 18. Drinking age is 21. So, yes to Palo and to the nightclubs after 9 pm.

In the Bahamas, I believe that the "official" age is 18, although I've never seen anyone checked....I suspect that the actual age is more like "whatever you can get away with!"

7. hsteacher

hsteacher Mom of a Disney Princess and Prince

AggieC -- we will be cruising together on 3/21! I have a 19 yo DD that is also traveling with us. Last year when we cruised, she was able to gamble at Atlantis and could purchase a drink at Atlantis. Not on the ship though -- 21 for alcohol. She was considered an adult for Palo and the nightclubs though. She loved eating at Palo. Look forward to meeting you.