Questions about Memories Ceremony Timeline

PrincessKimchi

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! My fiancé and I are planning on eloping in Disney World March/April of next year. We've been together for a long time and we got to talking and mutually agreed to get married. We originally discussed going to city hall in New York City or popping into Central Park with an officiant for a quick 5-10 min vow swap. This seemed the best solution because both of our families are large AND both of our parents have been divorced several times and we just didn't want to deal with the hassle of having a big wedding. After all it's about what makes us happy.

Then a good friend said we should just elope in Disney World. This was brilliant! I looked at the website and have read through the threads, I even started listening to lurkyloo's podcasts (I'm a type A personality). I'd like to have all the information I can before we book, since we can't until 6 months out. Does anyone know, how long the ceremony lasts? The PassPorter's book said "short". I'd rather spend more time taking photos with a nice very short ceremony.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! My fiancé and I are planning on eloping in Disney World March/April of next year. We've been together for a long time and we got to talking and mutually agreed to get married. We originally discussed going to city hall in New York City or popping into Central Park with an officiant for a quick 5-10 min vow swap. This seemed the best solution because both of our families are large AND both of our parents have been divorced several times and we just didn't want to deal with the hassle of having a big wedding. After all it's about what makes us happy.

Then a good friend said we should just elope in Disney World. This was brilliant! I looked at the website and have read through the threads, I even started listening to lurkyloo's podcasts (I'm a type A personality). I'd like to have all the information I can before we book, since we can't until 6 months out. Does anyone know, how long the ceremony lasts? The PassPorter's book said "short". I'd rather spend more time taking photos with a nice very short ceremony.

Thanks!
Actual ceremony length will depend on the officiant you pick, but most will work with you to customize your ceremony.

We were just married a few weeks ago at the Poly. Our ceremony lasted about 10 minutes!

Actual ceremony length will depend on the officiant you pick, but most will work with you to customize your ceremony.

1) Legally, each person has to acknowledge they will take the other as their spouse.
2) Of course, the officiant will then pronounce you wed.
3) So, maybe 20-seconds if you are really time-limited.
4) Beyond that, the total time is up to you and the officiant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter