Questions about Kidani

mrsdigi

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we are going to Disney in about six weeks with my husband and son, 4, staying at Kidani in a studio. We got it through "renting" somelse's points. (I think that's the right terminology). Any hoo...I have a few questions.

1. Not sure when we will get our room assignment or where to ask about location? (I will be 7 months pregnant when we go, so I'd like a room where I don't have to walk too far at the end of a long day.) Do I call the resort itself or the agency we booked through? We have a standard view if that helps.

2. I know there are coffee pots in the room, however, I've heard conflicting info on the size. Since it is a studio, is it a 4-cup coffee maker (standard in most hotel rooms) or is it a regular 10-12 cup? Must have java...

3. We will only be eating breakfasts in our room. I believe Kidani has a small store that sells groceries. I just want milk, cereal, half and half and maybe juice. If it's all there, I'm not going to call Garden Grocer. Oh is there any produce (bananas, etc)

4. Finally, I realize about the towel service midway through the trip. However, are there towels at the pool or should we bring our own beach towels?

Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't been to Disney since we took our 19 year old when he was 6 and he's now a big, bad Marine.

I know there are pools towels, so you don't have to pack your own.

You'll get your room location when you check in. Members can put in a request but nothing is guaranteed.

Have fun! My son has 3 more weeks before he graduates from Air Force BMT!

Answered in line:

Hi all, we are going to Disney in about six weeks with my husband and son, 4, staying at Kidani in a studio. We got it through "renting" somelse's points. (I think that's the right terminology). Any hoo...I have a few questions.

1. Not sure when we will get our room assignment or where to ask about location? (I will be 7 months pregnant when we go, so I'd like a room where I don't have to walk too far at the end of a long day.) Do I call the resort itself or the agency we booked through? We have a standard view if that helps.

Assignments should be called in by the owner of points. Close to lobby would be a good request because the halls are loooong.

2. I know there are coffee pots in the room, however, I've heard conflicting info on the size. Since it is a studio, is it a 4-cup coffee maker (standard in most hotel rooms) or is it a regular 10-12 cup? Must have java...

10-12 cup standard mr coffee

3. We will only be eating breakfasts in our room. I believe Kidani has a small store that sells groceries. I just want milk, cereal, half and half and maybe juice. If it's all there, I'm not going to call Garden Grocer. Oh is there any produce (bananas, etc)

Yes those items are in all DVC stores I have looked at. (Might just be coffee creamer instead of true half-n-half
There is at least some produce in Jambo's QS restaurant. (And a shuttle van that drives from lobby to lobby)

4. Finally, I realize about the towel service midway through the trip. However, are there towels at the pool or should we bring our own beach towels?

There are pool towels at the pools.

Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't been to Disney since we took our 19 year old when he was 6 and he's now a big, bad Marine.

1. I believe you have to call the agency to have the owner put the room request in. This will be a request and only a request no guarantee.
2.Studios come with a little coffee pot with coffee not much to talk about
3.Not sure what Kidani has but they should have those items.
4.There should be towels for the pool to be used at the pool only, but people abuse the rules and take them back to the rooms. I hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter