Questions about Halloween Horror Nights

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
I'm working on budgeting a possible weekend trip in October. We can only go Friday through Sunday with Saturday night being the only logical night for us to go to HHN. We would visit the parks and get the Stay and Scream passes.

I'm wondering how bad the lines are without the Halloween Express pass. What kind of typical wait times are we looking at? If I understand it right you can get in early if you do Stay and Scream but only a few houses are open that early - is that correct?

The express passes are just so crazy expensive on October Saturdays!

saturdays are usually the busiest hhn nights.

do the stay n scream and you will be able to do 3 houses before the park is opened to the general public.

there are 4 more houses to see after that.

you could move ahead of the crowd and get 2 more in without long waits.
the last house, just wait it out in line.

if shows are not high on your priority list, do them last.

you will have line waits for somethings as the evening progresses.

I did expect some lines but it's good to see that we might be able to get to three before the big crowd comes in. Is it true that they only open some of the houses early?

I did expect some lines but it's good to see that we might be able to get to three before the big crowd comes in. Is it true that they only open some of the houses early?
The houses are opened at different times so if you do the first couple of houses, it's possible you'll have to wait until the next group of houses to open.

When we went 2 years ago, we went on Friday and Sunday night....Sunday was by far the busier of the two...I think because the tickets are cheaper on Sunday.This year we are doing Wed and Thur with Frequent Fear passes.I hope the crowds will be lighter than..anyone been in the middle of the week?

i have done the thursdays.

last year i was surprised that the crowds were as large as they were around 10:00.

this was during the 3rd week of the event.

I'm working on budgeting a possible weekend trip in October. We can only go Friday through Sunday with Saturday night being the only logical night for us to go to HHN. We would visit the parks and get the Stay and Scream passes.

I'm wondering how bad the lines are without the Halloween Express pass. What kind of typical wait times are we looking at? If I understand it right you can get in early if you do Stay and Scream but only a few houses are open that early - is that correct?

The express passes are just so crazy expensive on October Saturdays!

Not gonna lie, there is no way I'd try a Saturday night without express. I've seen lines at 2 hours. Yes, you can generally get 3 houses done before the big crowd gets in, but then.....

Not gonna lie, there is no way I'd try a Saturday night without express. I've seen lines at 2 hours. Yes, you can generally get 3 houses done before the big crowd gets in, but then.....
:thumbsup2

We go to many local haunted houses and I often buy the express at those so I can relate. I do wonder if they are worth almost $200 (for 2) extra though...

If you use the stay and scream tickets what time can you go into the park for hhn? I was thinking about getting these but I'm not sure if we were going to go to the park that day.If I buy a stay and scream ticket can we go to IoA then go to hhn at universal?

If you use the stay and scream tickets what time can you go into the park for hhn? I was thinking about getting these but I'm not sure if we were going to go to the park that day.If I buy a stay and scream ticket can we go to IoA then go to hhn at universal?
If you aren't inside the Studios when it closes for the day, you will have to wait outside until 6:30pm to be let in with the general public.

Silly question to add on to this, because I don't want to start a whole separate thread as I'm sure this has been asked before, but if you stay on site do you still have to purchase a separate express for HNN? I read that regular during the day express doesn't count for the parties, but boy that would save a heck of a lot of money to not have to purchase HNN Express if you are staying at a Loews hotel.

Silly question to add on to this, because I don't want to start a whole separate thread as I'm sure this has been asked before, but if you stay on site do you still have to purchase a separate express for HNN? I read that regular during the day express doesn't count for the parties, but boy that would save a heck of a lot of money to not have to purchase HNN Express if you are staying at a Loews hotel.

Yes you have to purchase them separately.

HHN Express passes are separate from the daytime passes and onsite privileges do not extend to hard ticket events. There are no discounts of any kind for Express passes during the day or for HHN.

when you check into the hotel, the brochures and literature will state that the guest's express line perk is not valid for hhn.

there will be a sign on the table in your hotel room that states that also.

HHN is a separate beast. You can bet that this year, NO NIGHT IS SAFE! It's going to be busy every single night of the event..guaranteed. Buy the express, especially if you're only going one night.

HHN is a separate beast. You can bet that this year, NO NIGHT IS SAFE! It's going to be busy every single night of the event..guaranteed. Buy the express, especially if you're only going one night.

i always buy the express pass for hhn.
usually the promo where one price covers multiple nights.

i figure it like having car insurance.
you might not need it but when you do, it is well worth it.

It only takes one night to be there and realize you're going to need it, then find out that they are sold out for the night.

It's kinda like that old cliche "you want to know why a divorce is so expensive? because it's worth it."

Personally, I'll never go without express again. I got stuck during Maximum Carnage waiting over 2 hours in virtually every line.

Absolutely right. But I'm somewhat of a local....I most always see every house opening night, and if I come back I usually always do Stay and Scream. So for people like me, Express...while it's nice...is just one more thing I have to pay for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!