Questions about Coral Reef

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Mnchknbrat1982, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Mnchknbrat1982

Mnchknbrat1982 Mouseketeer

For those of you that have ate at the Coral Reef in Disney World. I've
    got a couple questions:

The Catfish and the Mahi Mahi...........are either of these very fishy
    tasting? I can handle white fish, but don't like things that are very
    fishy tasting.

Also how are they about substituting sides out?

Also how are the sea & land and new england cod cakes for appetizers?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KnJ

KnJ Mouseketeer

I can only answer your Mahi Mahi question. We ate at the Coral Reef last night and I had it, and it is not fishy at all. I am a very picky eater and cannot stand it if it is too fishy. Enjoy!

4. Mnchknbrat1982

Mnchknbrat1982 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the answer! I'm not real picky except when it comes to seafood. Were you able to substitute things pretty easily?

Blackened Catfish - served over pepper jack cheese grits, with smoked tomato compote, balsamic glaze

Grilled Mahi Mahi served over Israeli Couscous and Honey-Soy Glaze

The reason I ask is because if I get either of these I know I won't want everything they come with.............not a grits person for one, and I am not crazy about soy sauces.

I'm trying to decide if I should do the fish or just do something I know I'd like such as steak, pork chop, etc.

5. hildarumpole

hildarumpole DIS Veteran

I had the catfish and it was delicious. Not fishy tasting at all. It's a bit spicy, but not overwhelming. I didn't ask about subbing the cheesy grits. They were an excellent companion to the catfish.

6. disnut1149

disnut1149 DIS Veteran

Hi
    I had the Mahi Mahi at two different times, and it wasn't fishy at all. You didn't even know that you were eating fish. It's delicious. I had it with mashed potatoes, since I didn't want the couscous. They were good about the substitution.:thumbsup2

7. mcrabeck

mcrabeck DIS Veteran

Last year when we went, I had the Mahi- Mahi (It was really good) and asked if I could substitute the Au Grautin potatos. They said no problem!