Questions about buying and selling tickets

superdisneydork

Mouseketeer
Hey all, I'm planning my next Disney World trip for September of this year and I am on a pretty tight budget this year. This year also brings 3 new members to my Disney party, moving me from the solo group to 4 travelers, namely my aunt and her kids.

I had a couple questions:

1) My job provides access to Plum Benefits, which has a pretty good deal on 5 day park hoppers, but I am quite wary of buying the tickets from someone other than Disney. Does anyone have experience with their tickets? Are they reputable? Is there anything about that that makes them different or more restricted than normal MYW tickets? Would it be a problem to have them added to our KTTW cards once we check in to the resort?

2) The other thing I'm wondering about, my aunt had won 4 1-day park hopper tickets from a local radio station. I haven't been able to see the tickets yet, but I am told it is unlikely they could be upgraded, and even if they could, I probably couldn't do it through the Plum Benefits deal. They also have an expiration on them of 12/31/13, so we can't even really hold on to them as more than one trip a year would be crazy for us. Is there a reputable way to sell this tickets on this board or somewhere else online so we could put the proceeds towards the new discounted MYW tickets?

I think that's all for now :)

Thanks all,
Matt

2) The other thing I'm wondering about, my aunt had won 4 1-day park hopper tickets from a local radio station. I haven't been able to see the tickets yet, but I am told it is unlikely they could be upgraded, and even if they could, I probably couldn't do it through the Plum Benefits deal. They also have an expiration on them of 12/31/13, so we can't even really hold on to them as more than one trip a year would be crazy for us. Is there a reputable way to sell this tickets on this board or somewhere else online so we could put the proceeds towards the new discounted MYW tickets?

I think that's all for now :)

Thanks all,
Matt

They cannot be upgraded in any way.

You can't sell or advertize anything on the disboards. It sounds like your tickets are comp tickets, so I'm guessing that they can't legally be sold at all.

Instead of buying four 5-day park hoppers, only buy three 5-day hoppers plus one one-day hopper. then have one person use the four one-day free hoppers plus the one-day paid hopper.

Here is the math (without tax and assuming everyone is 10 or older).

Three 5-day hoppers @ $325 = $975
one 1-day hopper = $124 (Note if there is a day you are not going to use hopping, then you only need a 1-day base at $89)

Total $1,099 (or $1,064 if a day without hopping)

Or, if the prices are right, only buy three 5-day hoppers from Plum and buy the one-day at the Gate. Again, one person will use the four free tickets. It is really the best way to handle this.

DisBoards does not allow any "For Sale" posts, and they can get you suspended or banned.

And if they can't be added to the KTTW, don't worry about it.

Alright, I guess I'll just hold on to those tickets and see if we can make use of them some other way. The tickets from work are discounted enough that buying the 4 5 day hoppers and using solely those is cheaper than buying the 4 day hoppers to use with these radio tickets. (Plum Benefits doesn't offer anything shorter than the 5 day hopper).

I am still however concerned about whether or not the Plum Benefits tickets are reputable, and if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks,
Matt

Alright, I guess I'll just hold on to those tickets and see if we can make use of them some other way. The tickets from work are discounted enough that buying the 4 5 day hoppers and using solely those is cheaper than buying the 4 day hoppers to use with these radio tickets. (Plum Benefits doesn't offer anything shorter than the 5 day hopper).

I am still however concerned about whether or not the Plum Benefits tickets are reputable, and if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks,
Matt

I don't have any experience with plum benefits. Out of curiosity, how much does the 5 day ticket cost? Does the cost include sales tax? I'm asking because people often think (because of the pricing structure of WDW tickets) that they're getting an incredible deal when they really aren't.

Your best option is going to be to do what cheshire figment laid out for you in the 3rd post: You buy 5 day tickets for three of you, and the forth person uses all 4 of the fee tickets, plus a new 1 day ticket.

1. Alright, I guess I'll just hold on to those tickets and see if we can make use of them some other way. The tickets from work are discounted enough that buying the 4 5 day hoppers and using solely those is cheaper than buying the 4 day hoppers to use with these radio tickets. (Plum Benefits doesn't offer anything shorter than the 5 day hopper).

2. I am still however concerned about whether or not the Plum Benefits tickets are reputable, and if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks,
Matt

1. If I'm following Cheshire Figment's math you only need 1 one day hopper to go with those other one day comp tickets. I can't imagine Plum Benefits selling a 5 day hopper for under $125. Also if you ar not going to hop one day just base a base one day for around $32 less and use that. You would just buy this one day ticket at WDW.

2. Have you asked your people at work. I'm assuming they vetted them at least a little.

ETA: 1. Ok I see your confusion. One person uses all four radio tickets (one per day) and one extra one day purchased ticket. Everyone else buys 5 day PH's. Reread Cheshire Figment's post.

I don't have any experience with plum benefits. Out of curiosity, how much does the 5 day ticket cost? Does the cost include sales tax? I'm asking because people often think (because of the pricing structure of WDW tickets) that they're getting an incredible deal when they really aren't.

Your best option is going to be to do what cheshire figment laid out for you in the 3rd post: You buy 5 day tickets for three of you, and the forth person uses all 4 of the fee tickets, plus a new 1 day ticket.

Sorry for the delay, work got the best of me this week!

The simple answer to your confusion is that I can't always work a calculator :) I will be following Cheshire's suggestion, and the 5 day ticket is $299 + tax from Plum Benefits.

1. If I'm following Cheshire Figment's math you only need 1 one day hopper to go with those other one day comp tickets. I can't imagine Plum Benefits selling a 5 day hopper for under $125. Also if you ar not going to hop one day just base a base one day for around $32 less and use that. You would just buy this one day ticket at WDW.

2. Have you asked your people at work. I'm assuming they vetted them at least a little.

ETA: 1. Ok I see your confusion. One person uses all four radio tickets (one per day) and one extra one day purchased ticket. Everyone else buys 5 day PH's. Reread Cheshire Figment's post.

Yeah, see above :) Me and math, not always best friends, especially when I'm distracted haha. I will be trying out the Plum Benefits tickets, I think they'll work out fine. They're clearly marked as 5 day Magic Your Way park hoppers, and Plum Benefits is a legitimate service that has a decent reputation. I'll report back in a few weeks when I have the tickets in hand.

Thanks,
Matt

Sorry for the delay, work got the best of me this week!

The simple answer to your confusion is that I can't always work a calculator :) I will be following Cheshire's suggestion, and the 5 day ticket is $299 + tax from Plum Benefits.

That's a decent deal - about $25 per ticket less than gate price. You could get them a tiny bit cheaper if you bought them from undercover tourist using the mousesavers discount code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter