Questions about booking with a % off vs package discount...

klitteral2009

Mouseketeer
In the past, we have always managed to go when a package discount has been offered. Its usually been the SPD promo and we've always been happy with it. We love using the DDP and the ease of just booking everything at once with a package. However, I'm considering a Deluxe stay this year (first it was WL now I'm thinking of a Poly splurge) and would like to take advantage of the % off room booking instead. My question is, can I still use the DDP if we book this way? My understanding is that when I would add tickets and dining, obviously I'd pay full price for these components, but I'd also have to convert to a package, whereby losing my room discount?

I dont know if this makes any sense, but I'm trying to see what may be best for us if we take the plunge and spend a little more this year and have a true 'dream' vacation. This may be our last family week long trip for a while as DD will be starting high school next year and it may be more difficult to pull her out :(

Any advice would be welcome! ;)

In the past, we have always managed to go when a package discount has been offered. Its usually been the SPD promo and we've always been happy with it. We love using the DDP and the ease of just booking everything at once with a package. However, I'm considering a Deluxe stay this year (first it was WL now I'm thinking of a Poly splurge) and would like to take advantage of the % off room booking instead. My question is, can I still use the DDP if we book this way? My understanding is that when I would add tickets and dining, obviously I'd pay full price for these components, but I'd also have to convert to a package, whereby losing my room discount?

I dont know if this makes any sense, but I'm trying to see what may be best for us if we take the plunge and spend a little more this year and have a true 'dream' vacation. This may be our last family week long trip for a while as DD will be starting high school next year and it may be more difficult to pull her out :(

Any advice would be welcome! ;)

You can book a "room only" discount as a package. Just as you said, the room portion of is discounted, you pay full price for the tickets & dining plan. If you book online, there is an option to add tickets & dining before you finalize your reservation. If you call, just tell the CM you are interested in the room only discount & want to add tickets & dining. Package rules re: cancellation will apply. If you know for sure you want tickets & dining, it is easier to add the when you book. You can add them later, but it does involve changing the reservation type from "room only" to "package" & your confirmation number will change. If the discount is no longer available, guest services needs to get involved. So a little bit of a hassle, but it can be done.

You can book a "room only" discount as a package. Just as you said, the room portion of is discounted, you pay full price for the tickets & dining plan. If you book online, there is an option to add tickets & dining before you finalize your reservation. If you call, just tell the CM you are interested in the room only discount & want to add tickets & dining. Package rules re: cancellation will apply. If you know for sure you want tickets & dining, it is easier to add the when you book. You can add them later, but it does involve changing the reservation type from "room only" to "package" & your confirmation number will change. If the discount is no longer available, guest services needs to get involved. So a little bit of a hassle, but it can be done.

NICE! That makes me feel better. We actually save a little money with DDP, as I know most people say they don't so its nice to know I can still make that package reservation all at once. Now to keep fingers crossed for one of the deluxes we're considering to be included in the discounts that USUALLY happen in October ;) Thanks so much!

One thing that is different from package deals is that if your stay extends into a time period which is not included in the RO offer, you will pay the rack rate for those nights. When you book a package deal with a stay that extends beyond the offer period, you still get the deal for your entire stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter