Questions about BLT 2 Bedroom Villa (Lock Off?)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mommymot, Apr 7, 2013.

1. mommymot

mommymot Addicted to Disney

Hello! We have a 2 bedroom villa booked for the second week of December and I am reading about some of them actually being a 1 bedroom with a lock off studio. I have seen both good and bed comments about the lock offs. Anyone have experience with the standard 2 bedroom villa vs the 2 bedroom villa lock off? I am trying to figure out what is best for the family so I can request one or the other. (Whether we get our request is for another discussion.) :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

there is standard view - so don't get them mixed up

it is either a lock off or a dedicated.

a dedicated will have one door to the outside - it has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

a lock off will have two doors to the outside - one in the studio and the other in the 1-bedroom. in the studio it will have one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

you have a little more room in the 2-bedroom - because the 2nd bedroom is just that a bedroom - the studio needs room for the kitchenette.

4. cvjw

cvjw DIS Veteran

If you booked the 2 bedroom villa with points (either your own, or renting), then the villa type is not a request. The villa was booked as either a dedicated 2 bedroom, or a lock-off 2 bedroom. These villas are booked up early by BLT owners for the very popular month of December, so you may have a hard time changing at this time.