Questions about April

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisneyGuess, Jan 30, 2013.

1. DisneyGuess

DisneyGuess DIS Veteran

Tell me the good, bad & ugly of going in April, namely mid to late April.

I know they have the F&G & I looked to see that crowd predictions aren't too bad.

What I wonder most about is weather? Hot? Humid?

Anything you can share would be awesome! TIA! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hsmamainva

hsmamainva DIS Veteran

Luckily, Easter is the last day in March this year so mid to late April should be great, crowd-wise.

I've never been in April, so can't help you with the weather.

But happy planning!

4. bear_mom

bear_mom DIS Veteran

We have gone the week that spans April/May several times. Crowds are usually pretty good, there may be a few "end of the year" school groups.

Weather is nice. Mostly 80's. Last year was hotter and was uncomfortable (for me anyway) during a few afternoons.

Emily

5. pat's mom99

pat's mom99 Mouseketeer

We generally go on April vacation for the past several years. The temp is usually around 75 -80 degrees. The nights get a little chilly sweatshirt and capris or shorts and your are fine.

6. pat's mom99

pat's mom99 Mouseketeer

There are crowds but if you get up and go you can do pretty much everything.

7. Kingdome8

Kingdome8 Mouseketeer

I'm going week of April 20th. I read it's the 6th best week of the year to go. I read the weather is great like in 80's and crowds will be low since Easter and spring breaks will be earlier this year. Of course anything can happen. But I feel a great week coming. Plenty of night swimming. Lol

8. finedice

finedice Mouseketeer

Typically, April is one of the least rainy months in FL. We have been several times during that time period, and can attest to that. Daytime temperatures are nice and can be hot. While we have done it, swimming at night can be chilly with overnight lows often dipping to the low 60s and even into the upper 50s at times.

Crowds can vary - I have seen light crowds during the week that can easily swell to moderately busy overnight.