Question: T-Shirts & Iron on Transfers

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by diznee25, Jun 29, 2003.

1. diznee25

diznee25 Proud Doggie Mommy

Hi everyone!

My fiance' and I are making fun T-shirts for our trip in Dec. I have found a lot of useful info regarding t-shirts and transfers using the search function, just have one question that I can't find the answer to:

My fiance' has already ironed on a tranfer image on the back of a shirt, now he wants to add an image on the front side. (Just a small logo on the front left side.) How do we go about putting an image on the front of a shirt that already has an image on the back side? Any tips? I just want to make sure that the image on the back of the shirt doesn't get ruined by that extra heat from the iron!!

Thanks so much for any advice,
    Michelle

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nicki dahling

nicki dahling CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can

If you place a really thick peice of cardboard between the shirt before ironing , this might work. My husband said wood might be better ! Have never done this so maybe someone else might have a even better suggestion.

4. whirlsy

whirlsy <marquee><font color=green>lissa & <font color=red

wouldnt just using an ironing board work?

5. d.kurz

d.kurz <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking....can't you just slip it onto the ironing board?

6. diznee25

Actually, the instructions that came with my iron on transfers state that an iron board should NOT be used because the iron board soaks on the heat that is needed for the transfer. They say a hard surface, such as a table, should be used.

That's why I'm having a hard time figuring this out! Isn't there anyone out there who has ironed on transfers on both sides of a t-shirt?

Thanks for the replies everyone!
    Diznee25

7. d.kurz

d.kurz <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Well, then I think Nicki's got the answer with the piece of wood.

8. diznee25

Sorry Nicki! I did forget to mention thanks for the great idea! I'm just so new with this craft, that I'm not sure I want to try something that hasn't been done before!

I will keep it in mind though. Thanks :)
    Michelle