Question regarding email show - paying for parking?

kimisabella

<font color=red>I wonder if he/she is coming on th
There was a question on the email show asking if you need to pay for parking at the parks if you are staying on site - if I heard correctly, the answer was that you do in fact have to pay for parking. Is this something new? I ask because every year we fly in and have a rental car. We get a parking pass when we check in, put it in the windshield and are always just waived into all the lots for all the parks - I don't remember ever having to pay to park. Am I going crazy or is it just late and I'm tired :confused3 ?

I was wondering the same thing. We've always been waved in with our hotel parking permit on the dashboard. Maybe we're just lucky? :upsidedow

It was an error.

If you are a Disney hotel guest, you are not required to pay for parking at the parks.

OK thanks for the quick response Kevin - just thought I might have to budget some extra money for parking this time!

Sorry gang - my mistake - I misspoke on the podcast. Parking at the parks is free when you stay at a Disney owned and operated hotel.

I realized it on the way home and then forgot to ask Will/Pete to remove it from the show.

Sorry for the inconveince - will correct myself on the next show.

John

Sorry gang - my mistake - I misspoke on the podcast. Parking at the parks is free when you stay at a Disney owned and operated hotel.

I realized it on the way home and then forgot to ask Will/Pete to remove it from the show.

John

aaww no problem John, I was just extremely confused. Thanks for the response!

John

Just proves you're human.

Shows how observant I am, John. I though you were just talking about park hopping via car for non property guests. Clearly I'm an awesome listener.:rotfl:

While we are on the subject, what if I'm staying offsite and I am a DVC member? Do I pay for parking?

I think AP holders can park free. Not sure about DVC. Good question dpuck.

While we are on the subject, what if I'm staying offsite and I am a DVC member? Do I pay for parking?

Yes, you do at the parks.

The only time DVC members can park for free is if you use valet parking at DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

Yes, you do at the parks.

The only time DVC members can park for free is if you use valet parking at DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

I think that in principle you must also be staying on property to get the free valet parking just like you cannot use DVC resort facilities if you are not a current guest even though you are a DVC member. However, I do not know how they would enforce this unless they look for your resort parking pass, too. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts